Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Heads Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:
What does Heads Up have to do with it? I'm out of the loop. :dead:

Gregr, sorry for that.. Heads up meant that I wanted the 411, or information on this company before I was about to deal with them. I guess its a form of slang that does not translate well around the rest of the world.

My Bad ;-)

Domain Summit 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Gregr, sorry for that.. Heads up meant that I wanted the 411, or information on this company before I was about to deal with them. I guess its a form of slang that does not translate well around the rest of the world.

My Bad ;-)
That "slang" is used in USA too, so I'm pretty sure Gregr has heard of ot before. He lives in Texas, and I in Ohio.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
TheWatcher said:
I received email from them today with the subject "PRICE REDUCTION".

It's funny because it is 30% above the original price I've got a few months back. The domain name still there forsale, it's a .net domain name. I only want it for extra advertisement not really dying for it. If they will give it to me at my price which is low $x,xxx I'll take it.

Well, I move on and find something else.

LOL.

Same here.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buydomains is absolutely overpriced. I have watched dozens of times as I've passed up reg'ing a domain on a expire list to see them swoop in and then, slap a multi-thousand dollar price tag on it. There is no way that they have very much turnover on their acquisitions. Many of their domains receive only a few dozen visitors per month. Essentially they are asking for 1,000 months revenue...hahah.

Stay far away, in my opinion.

TheWatcher said:
I received email from them today with the subject "PRICE REDUCTION".

It's funny because it is 30% above the original price I've got a few months back. The domain name still there forsale, it's a .net domain name. I only want it for extra advertisement not really dying for it. If they will give it to me at my price which is low $x,xxx I'll take it.

Well, I move on and find something else.

LOL.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
financialtraffic said:
Buydomains is absolutely overpriced. I have watched dozens of times as I've passed up reg'ing a domain on a expire list to see them swoop in and then, slap a multi-thousand dollar price tag on it. There is no way that they have very much turnover on their acquisitions. Many of their domains receive only a few dozen visitors per month. Essentially they are asking for 1,000 months revenue...hahah.

Stay far away, in my opinion.

I agree. Funny to see how many people "actually" but these names for that price. I understand the good one's, but some of them which are not worth more than reg fee are for sale for $5,000+

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the name's I sought a quote on was $ 20k initially and moved to $ 150k when I checked again.

They occasionally send out emails on domains, you have sought quotes on & did'nt purchase offering a price reduction. I got 2 emails today on 2 different domain names.

A couple of their executives you can check with for prices:

Sonia Doubet : [email protected]

Jim Beltz : [email protected]

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSalesAgent said:
End users do not normally buy on the basis of "traffic".
Thats true, and They are not basing their prices on resellers, buton endusers, which is why they are too high for us.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good point. But I would venture to say that if the focused on becoming a "middleperson" so to speak -- in other words selling to domain resellers, they'd probably quadruple their profits. Many of the domains are not fully end-user quality. But of course, if you need a specific domain for your business name, then in essence any reasonable price is worth paying, and that must be what they often bank on.

Mr. Deleted said:
Thats true, and They are not basing their prices on resellers, buton endusers, which is why they are too high for us.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. They probably would have sold up to a 100,000 more of their names by now with lower prices.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I purchased about $20,000 in domains from them 2 months ago. They are polite abd professional and will discount in large purchases.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is a reseller discussion.

I'm sure he's doing quite welling selling at these prices to the end users.

webdjcn

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have this kind of experience too, I just say, it is too abnormal ...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vagabondos said:
Their prices are VERY unrealistic.

I really don't understand them, how they can sell the domains to so high prices?

I found this to be true as well. I have similar domains or better, which I would evaluate at the high $xx to low $xxx, and there selling them for mid $xxxx. Seems totally rediculous.

jking

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's an amusing email we received from BuyDomains.com after putting in an offer slightly lower than the price they wanted for a domain. Not a very professional email.

From BuyDomains.com:
-------------------------------------------------------
Wow…really, all the message boards and blogs have ALWAYS said that we were the “Walmart” of domain names…furthermore, we sell better then 1000 names a month…more then any other private domain reseller in the WORLD…if our prices were so much higher then the market, that would not be the case.

Good luck in your future endeavors,

Jim Beltz

[email protected]

410-346-6519

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually they are the Wal-Mart of domain sales: cheap and of low quality.

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a domain name from them and they had a price of $1844 on it and I managed to get them down to $1350. Transaction went through fine. I had to call though, as I wrote them 3 times a year ago and never received a response, and now that I recall, the name went up in price as you've all said here.

Now, the name is with their name services. The big question is, is it safe? I want my name in a safe Registrar... right of the bat, that excludes Registerfly. Anyone know how their domain services are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom