Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDaily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am in the network marketing, and I have few hundred domains and I need someone with enough experience to turn to for assistance when needed.

Please privet message me as soon as possible...your help is badly needed, and appreciated.

Thanks

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Maybe if you provide a bit more information of the type of help you may need you might improve the response you get.

Incidently, many people ask questions openly on the forum and usually receive a wealth of answers.

DomainDaily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Mr Webname

Here we go

I have more than a 1000 domain, about half of them with dashes...do you think sedo is the best way to go to make the best out of them in terms of generating some income as well as best chance of selling them?

Many of them are a Forex domains...it seems to me these kinds of domains are in high demands...I received my first and only offer on one of them "ForexFalcon.com"...but I thought $50 was very very low for such a good name...any thoughts on that one?

Is there a possible percentage comparison between the names with dashes and the ones without in terms of value...for example are they worth worth 50% less or 75% or even 90% less in general?

Is there a way to make a domain name privet other than having to pay $9 each or $2.70 for a minimum of 200 of them?

Do you think godaddy domain alert pro/ Investor's edge is a good choice for securing names?

Thanks

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ForexFalcon.com

Google search for "forex falcon" produces 2!
Overture search for "forex falcon" produces 0!

So on a stats basis it appears to be a loser and $50 a gift, unless the term means something somewhere apart from the Internet.

I havn't used Sedo so cannot comment - recently Afternic has launched a service called Bazzar, an auction with a reducing price if the name is not sold, it seems to be a good concept. Of course the Domains for Sale here at DNF may also be productive for you - why not list a sample and see?

Many people don't rate hyphenated domains at all but others do like them and claim that they are better for search engine optimization. I would rather have a good hyphenated .com than a poor unhyphenated with an obscure extension.

Member Edwin would probably have some good information on relative values of hyphenated domains etc as he has some good quality hyphenated domains. However just because I have mentioned his name does not mean that he will automatically want to provide information :)

I don't know of any way of keeping whois private except by Godaddy or Enom privacy registration services.

Most members will have a poor view of Domain Alert for domain backordering - most popular will be Pool, Namewinner and recently TheFirstName has been successful in gaining some.

I am sure that others will add their thoughts in due course.

Delete

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Names with hyphens are really not sought after however some can bring in premiums but very few do. Stay away from hyphens unless you know what you are doing.

DomainDaily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks webname and Delete

I hope Edwin share with us some of his knowledge...or should I PM him?

I'm starting to stay away from them hyphenated names...but it was my initial excitement that drove me wild in the start...I am beginning to realize and have more control on this habit.

Please let me know...how do you check the potential of a domain before you get it...I was doing searches without the " " is the search result without them is of no value...I wonder?

And How do you use the overture Search Term Suggestion Tool
To determine the name potentials...I mean what is the count number of searches are considered good enough?

By the way Webname...I thought names are either good for their traffic potentials or for the Quality of the name as a good valuable choice for a given company.

Forex names it seems are in high demands, and when a company that is worth $1M or $10M, or even $100M find and choose a good name...it would be well worth it for them to spend $10. $100K, or even $1M for a good representing name.

Bids at overture are at $10/click for forex now.

Thanks

Chosen

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Is there a way to make a domain name privet other than having to pay $9 each or $2.70 for a minimum of 200 of them?"

Sedo refuse to list domains if they are private, they use whois info to check that you are owner of the domains you list.

I tried :)

DomainDaily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there and thank you all for the good welcome

I had hoped I get some respond to the rest of my questions....I have been reading and reading...And reading all over the internet..but you know how hard it is to find a clear straight forward answers to the most essential questions.

Any answers, recommendations, or good reference?

Thanks

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainDaily
Thanks webname and Delete

I hope Edwin share with us some of his knowledge...or should I PM him?

PM him the link to this thread and ask if he would care to comment about hyphenated names - then leave it whether he does or does not, that way he won't feel hassled!

I'm starting to stay away from them hyphenated names...but it was my initial excitement that drove me wild in the start...I am beginning to realize and have more control on this habit.

We've all been there :-D

Please let me know...how do you check the potential of a domain before you get it...I was doing searches without the " " is the search result without them is of no value...I wonder?

Searches with the words between " " give a better indication as without the " " it could turn up all sorts of unrelated rubbish

And How do you use the overture Search Term Suggestion Tool
To determine the name potentials...I mean what is the count number of searches are considered good enough?

DNF uses a guage of 30 O/T results with extension or 1000 without extension as being worthy of a look for traffic

By the way Webname...I thought names are either good for their traffic potentials or for the Quality of the name as a good valuable choice for a given company.

That's true

Forex names it seems are in high demands, and when a company that is worth $1M or $10M, or even $100M find and choose a good name...it would be well worth it for them to spend $10. $100K, or even $1M for a good representing name.

Bids at overture are at $10/click for forex now.

Yes the term "Forex" is good, but that doesn't mean that "Forex" with anything else tagged onto the front or back will be worth anything. More work is needed to find names that will mean something within the scope of what a potential buyer will be looking for.
Some people want a name to earn them revenue, others want a name to bring traffic to their site, still others just want the presteige of a name. The key is matching the name with the desire and there's no secret formula for that, or if there is no one is sharing it
:)

Thanks

DomainDaily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Delete

I have been using it all along...but thanks to Mr wbbname who gave me more insight to it.

What do you use to determine the potentials of a name so you don't have to Delete it when it is appraised at $0 like The BizMagnetic.com :)

By the way, For some reason...I like this name and I will hang on to it tell the end...and I will not sell it for less than $1000 minimum...I see a real potential to it...I feel it is a unique one of a kind name.

Thanks Delete

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It needs a realistic view - there are many "unique one of a kind names" that are worthless.
If the name is no use to you and no one wants to buy it, all it will do is cost you money to keep it.
It takes time to develop a nose for good names (and the money to buy them or the skill to catch them) though from time to time someone gets an offer for a name and everyone else thinks "who on earth would want that, let alone pay for it"! :)

DomainDaily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure Webname

And "BizMagnetic" is one of them I think...for some reason I think it is the next best thing after "Business"...minus the traffic ofcource...I think it is even better in terms of branding.

But I thing I am a wild dreamer... I can't help it, but "BizMagnetic" seems like a Million Dollar name to me :)

CoolDot

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello DomainDaily,

welcome here! I am a newbie in the domain business too and my own domains are not very good either :)) So welcome to the club :))

What I have learned so far:

1) Stick to .com only rarely use something else. And if you do then .net .org .info .us seems to be the order of importance.

2) Avoid dashes and numbers. Although some say dashed are good for search engines, there seems to be a big problem with them because nobody buys them from you :))

3) Keep the names short 8 characters and shorter. (and that is without the .com)

4) Put them in a field that his close to the money. Like banking, travel, gambling, ...

5) Make them one word (if you can), if not then two words.

6) Check for trademark violations, domains with trademarks are usually too dangerous and worthless

7) Check the keywords on overture. Use the complete domain with the extension. If it comes up, great. If not then use the words without the extension. Then it should at least be round 5000 and upwards (that's my limit, others say 1000).

8) Most important: Ask yourself a few questions
Would you want to buy that domain?
Would you type the domain into the browser (no searching!)
Is there a strong demand for such domains?
Can you find buyers somehow, where are the end-users?

9) Throw away the first 1000 domains you have registered :)) (if you're lucky you have a few morsels in there but in general it seems that newbies pay a price to start the game).

10) Don't expect to get rich over night. The domain-market has largely collapsed compared to the "good old times". Now you are happy if you get $50 for a domain. And a $300 sale is considered a lucky day.

11) Develop websites! Domain-names are cheap and selling them is hard. Develop the domains into websites, generate some traffic on them and you're in a completely different league.
Websites with traffic and content are in higher demand than just domain-names.

12) Be patient. Don't bet your life's savings on it. Research each domain carefully before you register it. Better to register 10 good ones than 100 domains that nobody wants (I know that from experience :)) ).

13) Ask more experienced domainers for advice, there are great guys here on DNforum, who gladly help us newbies out. To all the good folks here "Thank you!" from me also :))

14) Try to sell to end-users. It's more work to find them, don't spam them!, but send personal emails asking them if they are interested... Choose somebody with a bad domain name who is online. If you have a better one that fits in his field, maybe he buys it from you.

15) Make your own rules, because it seems, I still haven't figured out all the details, or else I would have sold more than 5 domains so far :)))

If I forgot something, or got something wrong, PLEASE domainers and old foxes around here, correct and append my list... I am still learning too! Thanks

Good luck to you!
CoolDot

DomainDaily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there CoolDot :)

Thank you so much for taking the time and providing such a useful info.

How do you come up with them good names...other than the expiring ones...do you mainly brainstorm them, or is there some other method or a useful tools, other than the ones mentioned above?

Till this day...I don't know how to check the link popularity of a domain...what is the most practical tool for that?

Talking about developing websites...do you know anyone that could help me with this?

All the best, and good luck to you too...all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom