Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How many spam emails do you get a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I get about 10 on a good day and 20 on a bad. :dead:

Are you get more spam than ever before?

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get about 5 per day since i bought premiership.net...

most of which originate from members/guests on here i think...

B

beowulf

Hehe I used to get like 5 per day. Then I bought a domain from another guy-- now I get 20 per day grrrrr

M

mole

Originally posted by beowulf
Hehe I used to get like 5 per day. Then I bought a domain from another guy-- now I get 20 per day grrrrr

Great domain sales line in the making :D

Certified spam free domain name

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Whatever you do bob, please don't join Spamcop. We don't want the service to crash :eek:

I have a hotmail account set up to catch spam. All email going to a domain (except one addy) is routed there so all I have to do is periodically empty the pop account. It usually fills up in about 8-12 hours. :D

That is one of the downsides about domain name speculation.

As far as spams that actually get through, I wouild say 20-30 per day. I will look into SpamCop for this. :)

-Bob

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually bob when i bought nm3.com I believe i changed the mail re-directs from your hotmail account to a catch all account and got spammed to hell... :D

if there was a smiley waving his fist in the air i believe i would be using it right now :)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
actually bob when i bought nm3.com I believe i changed the mail re-directs from your hotmail account to a catch all account and got spammed to hell... :D

if there was a smiley waving his fist in the air i believe i would be using it right now :)

I get a lot of "mailbombs" at 17.net.

About every 3-4 months, I get THOUSANDS of emails in a period of 2-3 days to THOUSANDS of random email addresses. . . *ugh*

A lot of them are:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

etc...

I justlaugh when that happens. BUT, I would be :upset: if all that wound up in my inbox.

-Bob

M

mole

Is it because you are using mydomain DNS services for your domains, bob? The catchall email forwarding for the domains I have there can't seem to be turned off. Luckily, its all virgin .info and .biz names, which haven't been exposed to the email harvesters or subscription/member services yet.

I can imagine that by buying used domains or grabbing expired ones, you don't really know how much it has been infected by spam.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if spammers get pissed off when they receive spam themselves ???

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
I wonder if spammers get pissed off when they receive spam themselves ???

:laugh:

Good question :D

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Is it because you are using mydomain DNS services for your domains, bob? The catchall email forwarding for the domains I have there can't seem to be turned off. Luckily, its all virgin .info and .biz names, which haven't been exposed to the email harvesters or subscription/member services yet.

I can imagine that by buying used domains or grabbing expired ones, you don't really know how much it has been infected by spam.

I used to use myDomain, but I am getting away from them now. . .

I tried to just delete the catchall email address and configure one for forwarding purposes. Not sure if it worked or not because I abandoning myDomain's services.

-Bob

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I receive about 700 per day. Usually about 200/day at Hotmail, another 100 at Yahoo, and the rest at my domains. When I wake up in the morning, I usually have about 100 spams in my inbox, and then throughout the day I delete them as they come in.

I probably get another 400 per day which are legitimate, 80% of those coming from Exody. :)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I do use filters, by the way.

1) All the exody stuff goes into its own folder.
2) Anything to my personal email gets highlighted in blue.
3) Anything with an attachment gets highlighted in red (easier to find the viruses this way). :)

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HA!
I must get about 1600 junk emails a day. They are directed in specific junk bins which I never look at and I empty ceremoniously once a week or more often when i want to take out frustrations.

I have several hotmail accounts I have abandonded for real correspondence due to excessive junk. I do however, empty their entire contents (without looking) every month, to maintain the account in the live state (they are rare one words, just like domains).

Cheers

PS Although it is possible I may have chewed up a real email or two in the mass deletion process, this mass distruction of evil spammers works well. Ironically, since most junk comes from my domains, I use a rough count of spam attempts as a idiosyncratic popularity gauge for my sites. Hey they are popuilar among spam bots LOL if they cant be popular among humans!! Call me weird..

I

interactive

around 6 a day...most from spam bots that picked up my addy..

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have two domains that provided free email service before they expired. I have disabled their email forwarding otherwise spam will arrive every few minutes!! :mad:

Spam that really goes to my inbox is about 20-40 daily.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is how many I get that pertain to the size of my penis. I get about 20 a day on that one subject.
"Enlarge Your Penis" - "Increase Your Inches" - "Maximize Your Member".

They have obviously never met me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com