Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to be a DNF verified member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you become a DNF verified member and use the verified badge?

Thanks!

Domain Summit 2024

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went through the verify process, paid the fee and sent a utility bill yesterday but I haven't seen the $DNF change or a 'Verified' icon. Any ideas?

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did it months ago, blew it off figuring it wasnt gunna happen after a few weeks.

If that helps.

DomainBuyer2007

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, wait for some time. The admin staff might be busy. PM MODs if you've problems. They've helped me out when I had problems.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you become a DNF verified member and use the verified badge?

Thanks!

you dont "use" the badge for anything- read the page-
if you get screwed by a "dnf verified member" dnforum cant get your money back, cant go after the person- just kick them off the forum-

a verified badge should not be able to be bought off with 5 bucks and a utility bill- any schmuck can obtain one and that gives no weight to the badge, its like buying a sherrif badge at the dollar store, only it cost more-

a verified badge should be given to those who earned it via posts, longevity and positive trader sales amount and rating.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you dont "use" the badge for anything- read the page-
if you get screwed by a "dnf verified member" dnforum cant get your money back, cant go after the person- just kick them off the forum-

a verified badge should not be able to be bought off with 5 bucks and a utility bill- any schmuck can obtain one and that gives no weight to the badge, its like buying a sherrif badge at the dollar store, only it cost more-

a verified badge should be given to those who earned it via posts, longevity and positive trader sales amount and rating.

You have put it very simply, though DNF won't get your money back, it is one added Assurance along side of everything you mentioned.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have put it very simply, though DNF won't get your money back, it is one added Assurance along side of everything you mentioned.

added assurance of what??
yes i put it simply- how difficult is it- anyone can buy a badge, that in no way assures any sort of assurance- it shows that anyone can come in, scammer too, and pay for an icon that is supposed to represent some sort of trust-

you earn trust- when you sell it, well that is another story.

all i am saying is a badge should be given to those who meet certain criteria, not anyone who has a telephone bill-

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes i put it simply- how difficult is it- anyone can buy a badge, that in no way assures any sort of assurance- it shows that anyone can come in, scammer too, and pay for an icon that is supposed to represent some sort of trust-

all i am saying is a badge should be given to those who meet certain criteria, not anyone who has a telephone bill-
That is what I said, it is just added assurance amongst other trust factors you mentioned. There is a Good Chance for scammers to get in as the VCC's(vitual credit cards) being used to verify paypal accounts this year.

Do your own research before dealing with any one, best thing to do.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That's not really very fair when DNF do an ID verification for no profit. You're not being forced to participate. The forum doesn't suggest that 'DNF Verified' carries any assurance, it's just an ID check. One of many possible. If you need more then you perform your own due diligence under the 'caveat emptor' rule.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i never said it was for profit- and i am not saying it is a bad idea- what i am saying is, when you say:
"becoming a verified member will put your mind at ease against possible fraud when carrying out transactions with other Verified Members. It will also help increase your business as a professional."

what puts your mind at ease- a member with 3 posts and one transaction, and a "seal"
or a member who has been here for 2 years and has had over 50 transactions, all positive?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i never said it was for profit- and i am not saying it is a bad idea- what i am saying is, when you say:
"becoming a verified member will put your mind at ease against possible fraud when carrying out transactions with other Verified Members. It will also help increase your business as a professional."

what puts your mind at ease- a member with 3 posts and one transaction, and a "seal"
or a member who has been here for 2 years and has had over 50 transactions, all positive?
Well, that's a reasonable stance. All I would reiterate is that it's one small step towards ID verification, but I know that anyone here who abuses their seal on DNF will not last very long. That's worth the paltry asking fee.

ivoy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

With all due respect, I am an example of a member with 5 posts, zero transactions, a load of domains for sale and nothing but good intentions, and the first thing that seemed right to me was to verify my identity in order to somehow make up for the fact that ... I only have 5 posts and 0 transactions.
In addition, I like the following statement in the the description of the verification process:
"In the event of a dispute between 2 verified parties, you can fill out the form located at: Disputes Forum [...] Once a dispute is received both verified parties will be sent each other’s contact information. If the dispute cannot be amicable resolved between the two parties within 7 days, dnforum.com will take a look at the dispute. Dnforum.com will then decide if a suspension is in order for either or both users. "
And just based on that it seems strange to me that someone would not want to get verified. Whether he/she had 3 or 3000 posts. IMHO
(I am faxing my electric bill as soon as I get home) :)

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
welcome ivoy!

dnforum steps in anyway- they get involved if there is a scammer on the board, verified or not-
so, that is already being done-
as far as you being a newbie- you're a newbie :) seal or not, you have not traded here that much yet so i dont know you yet, nor does anyone else- that does not mean i would not buy from you, but i wouldnt feel any "safer" because you had a seal- when you have a bunch under your belt, people will know by looking at your profile that you have proven yourself trustworthy, to some degree-

"And just based on that it seems strange to me that someone would not want to get verified. Whether he/she had 3 or 3000 posts. IMHO"

why would you say that? why would i give someone i dont know my utility bill and pay for a picture, when i have worked hard at building up my reputation in my positive sales here-

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, I am an example of a member with 5 posts, zero transactions, a load of domains for sale and nothing but good intentions, and the first thing that seemed right to me was to verify my identity in order to somehow make up for the fact that ... I only have 5 posts and 0 transactions.
In addition, I like the following statement in the the description of the verification process:
"In the event of a dispute between 2 verified parties, you can fill out the form located at: Disputes Forum [...] Once a dispute is received both verified parties will be sent each other’s contact information. If the dispute cannot be amicable resolved between the two parties within 7 days, dnforum.com will take a look at the dispute. Dnforum.com will then decide if a suspension is in order for either or both users. "
And just based on that it seems strange to me that someone would not want to get verified. Whether he/she had 3 or 3000 posts. IMHO
(I am faxing my electric bill as soon as I get home) :)
Hi Ivoy and welcome. Just go with your gut feeling. Have a look around the board and see which members have diligently saved up their few dollars and decided to participate in a simple ID verification program that costs peanuts and is one step forward to the cost of running everyone here by a credit reference agency. Plus the fact that however anyone might knock it, it's the first sign of a 'will' to identify yourself. Now, I am not saying it's for everyone -- many respected and longstanding members here have not partaken --but it's not exactly a complete fortune to participate.

Personally, I wonder about the *detractors*; NOT the non-participants, for a simple $5 or whatever it is. Try going to one of the credit bureaux to get a report you could comfortably post here.

Looking forward to seeing your DNF seal :D But again, it's not a big deal.

I went through the verify process, paid the fee and sent a utility bill yesterday but I haven't seen the $DNF change or a 'Verified' icon. Any ideas?
Azanmi, it can take a few days ;)

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
azooza- >>>>focus<<<<

a system is set up- once again i will stress cuz it seems you didnt catch it the other time- its not the 5 bucks-

its a system that in a forum like this, should actually stand for something- not just because you paid 5 bucks- there should be higher standards-

just because you sent your utility bill to adam dicker doesnt mean anything to me-

many sellers will say in their listings:

Reserve the rights to sell to a high reputation Dnf member.
Right to refuse offers from members without established reputation is reserved.
Payment via verified Paypal from friends and established forum members.

all i am saying is- it should be something the members actually look for and use-

ivoy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
welcome ivoy!

dnforum steps in anyway- they get involved if there is a scammer on the board, verified or not-
so, that is already being done-
as far as you being a newbie- you're a newbie :) seal or not, you have not traded here that much yet so i dont know you yet, nor does anyone else- that does not mean i would not buy from you, but i wouldnt feel any "safer" because you had a seal- when you have a bunch under your belt, people will know by looking at your profile that you have proven yourself trustworthy, to some degree-

I agree with you 100% - there is always a risk of getting stuck with a scammer. But truthfully, say you like one of my domains and you want it really bad - would you feel even a bit better about dealing with me if you saw that despite the 0 transaction at least I try to ease your worries with the damn seal? :)

"And just based on that it seems strange to me that someone would not want to get verified. Whether he/she had 3 or 3000 posts. IMHO"

why would you say that? why would i give someone i dont know my utility bill and pay for a picture, when i have worked hard at building up my reputation in my positive sales here-

Well... I admit, I was a little thrown off by dnf's statement in bold letters which made me believe that they would get involved only if both parties were verified...

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ivoy- get the seal :)

this was just my opinion- i dont even notice them- i dont mean to throw you off at all-

i just think a forum of this calibar should have something that has meaning behind it-

whats with the neg dnf$?

edit: just donated to the newbie cause> your now in the black :)

ivoy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks smash, that is very generous of you! :cheers:

And, BTW, to all others, the verification process is FREE since you are supposed to get the $5 back in df$ :amen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom