Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to measure website traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floob

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering what method you would recommend for measuring traffic on sites that you dont own (both for sites that are live and those that are just registered)

Thanks

Floob.

Domain Summit 2024

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get a hosting reseller package somewhere that doesn't have a restriction on the amount of domains you can host and use it for your own domains. Then take a look at the stats program that comes with your hosting package like webalizer.

Floob

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eSology said:
Get a hosting reseller package somewhere that doesn't have a restriction on the amount of domains you can host and use it for your own domains. Then take a look at the stats program that comes with your hosting package like webalizer.

???????????????

I really dont think you read my question correctly. Or am I being unclear?
I was expecting someone to say Alexa or something like that.
The key part of my question is sites that you dont own

Thanks

Floob.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I had sleep in my eyes. Alexa isn't accurate that is for sure. I use valid backlinks, Google PR, and overture for indicators of traffic.

Floob

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eSology said:
Sorry, I had sleep in my eyes. Alexa isn't accurate that is for sure. I use valid backlinks, Google PR, and overture for indicators of traffic.

Hi,

Can you explain how you use Overture?

Thanks

Floob.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://inventory.overture.com (the tool is down quite often)

search for a term or domain - the tool shows how many times that domain or term has been searched for over the past month on the Overture network, a very popular site should get some results when you search for the domain name.

M

mole

Floob said:
I was wondering what method you would recommend for measuring traffic on sites that you dont own (both for sites that are live and those that are just registered)

Well, you can ask the owner to put up a public web tracker for you to peek into, or send you the admin password for their server logs.

Anything else eg Alexa, is just a toy gun for the kids to play pretend.

Generally, if you want to know such stuff, you need to seek the consent of the owner. Peekaboo, even if technically possible without that, is invasion of privacy pure and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom