Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I need to pull a name from sundays auction... how do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sunday will be the first auction I attend and I put two names up for sale. One of them will no longer be for sale - how do I delete it from sunday's auction?

Cheers,
ezinestein

Upvote 0

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ezinestein
One of them will no longer be for sale - how do I delete it from sunday's auction?

Cheers,
ezinestein

Ummm ... I don't believe you can. Check the auction rules' link (I don't have it handy at the moment, but it's in a thread here in this section). I will look again for it, as well ... and re-post.
Good Luck.

Domain Summit 2024

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you are able to add/change/delete only up untill Friday midnight cst, not 100% though.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well who do I need to contact?

I don't want any trouble here at the forum and probably nobody will want the name anyway... but I won't relinquish the name if there is a bidder. So what do I do?

Kindly,
ezinestein

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Geez. I dunno, Ezinestein. Perhaps contact Gregr or one of the mods, but I really don't know how to comment or advise on this matter. IMHO, I'd tend to agree with Sharpboy. Sorry.
Good Luck.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auctions are supposed to be locked in as of midnight Friday night. After that no changes.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Simply leave the chat just one minute before your name is called ... return again after 5/10 minutes and you'll solve your problem considering a name is skipped if the owner is not in chat in that moment. :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe once you commit, you can not remove, nor should.

You should not enter negotiations or engage in sales once you have committed to the auction, for the sake of the integrity of the auction.

Your auction obligation comes first. If it doesn't sell at auction, then you should contact your back-up buyer.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainEmpire.com
Simply leave the chat just one minute before your name is called ... return again after 5/10 minutes and you'll solve your problem considering a name is skipped if the owner is not in chat in that moment. :)

Sorry that won't work. GregR eliminated the rule requiring the seller to be present. NOw the name goes up whether the seller is there or not.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No can do. I'll tell you the same thing I told icehole after he PMed me wanting to pull his two names. Don't **** up these auctions or you'll have an angry mob on your door step. In iceholes case I wanted to emphasize the point because I got a complaint from one of his buyers in the first auction.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m curious as to what will happen if someone bids on my name and I won’t sell. Don’t get me wrong I like this forum, but a lady is willing to give me $300 for friendmagnet.com. I need the money – but don’t want to lose my forum friends. Am I allowed to post a request in the other forums on this board? Perhaps I could explain my situation and ask my fellow forum comrades not to bid on that name. Is that okay?

I need the money... and I like this board...

Kindly,
John

PS – Maybe if someone ends up being a jerk and does buy the name... they’d be willing “for a fee” to get this ladies email address from me. Or have me sell the name and collect a percentage. Is that possible?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Personal observation: I think there might be more going on here than meets the eye! IMO, naturally. Good Luck to all concerned, or who MAY be potentially concerned.
Good Luck.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

PS – Maybe if someone ends up being a jerk and does buy the name... they’d be willing “for a fee” to get this ladies email address from me. Or have me sell the name and collect a percentage. Is that possible?

Or tell the lady to come to the auction. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet. Talk to DomainSage about his auction experiences. :)

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Great observation CoolHost!

Either the guys here "wouldn't touch my names with a 10-Foot Pole". Or they'll snap 'em up!

All concerned... will have to wait and see! :D

The question to ask yourself is... "Will ezinestein get what he truly wants?"

Cheers,
ezinestein

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or they'll snap 'em up!

Hmmm, could ezinestein be that clever? If he is, is this is Ebay mastery going on here. :eek:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:cool: The test:

If the buyer at the auction wins the name, and buys the "lady's" email from you, and the lady doensn't exist, you will get yo' ass whipped all the way to domain state! :eek:

:D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I knew you were "putting some lipstick on this pig", 'Ezine ... hyping it up prior to tom'w! I think you should probably refrain from doing this again in the future though, personally.
Listen, I hope you get a $1,000,000 for the domain ... but usually the normal marketplace mechanisms take over, and we're all pretty much the same, really. Be stong and have fun.
Good Luck.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey 'Ezine -
A couple of 'DNF Bucks for calling it, early?? ;)
Thanks.
See you tom'w night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom