Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I need to pull a name from sundays auction... how do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sunday will be the first auction I attend and I put two names up for sale. One of them will no longer be for sale - how do I delete it from sunday's auction?

Cheers,
ezinestein

Upvote 0

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow doc...

I can’t believe my eyes. I command... and you obey.

Now listen carefully... you... will... bid... $1,000... every... time... you... see... one... of... my... names... especially... the... garbage... names...

Let’s see if it works again. :razz:

ezinestein

Domain Summit 2024

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ezinestein
Wow doc...

I can’t believe my eyes. I command... and you obey.

Now listen carefully... you... will... bid... $1,000... every... time... you... see... one... of... my... names... especially... the... garbage... names...

Let’s see if it works again. :razz:

ezinestein

You're an idgitstein. What ticks me off is people that will take advantage of others programs (like the integrity of this auction), but when it comes down to a few bucks, will place their own selfish interests above anyone else. Wouldn't want someone like you covering my back in any kind of situation. Soon as you would think that you might get hurt, you would cut and run. Screw everyone else right?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder why ezinestein hasn't deleted friendmagnet.com yet, after all that complaining about needing to delete it because a lady wants it for $300. :eek:

I guess he didn't expect greg would implement a delete feature!

Your plan backfired ezinestein.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Doberry my friend... wonder no longer. FriendMagnet.com was never the name I wanted out of there. It was the other one I wanted back.

And if you look back through my “plan” as you call it... you’ll see that I did get the exact outcome I was shooting for.

This whole thread started because I asked a simple question.

Sunday will be the first auction I attend and I put two names up for sale. One of them will no longer be for sale - how do I delete it from Sunday’s auction?

Surely this seemed to me, to be a reasonable request. After all, this entire auction is completely new to everyone on the board. Certainly I expected flexibility.

I believe flexibility (in even the smallest degree) shows reason. And if that’s true, then total inflexibility seems somewhat unreasonable, doesn’t it?

Like I said, it was a simple request – and I merely waited for a response.

And I got one. It was; “You can’t!”

Okay. I got an answer. Definitely not the one I expected, but an answer nonetheless.

Of course I still couldn't help thinking that I had made a sensible request. And not just because the auction was new, but also because there were two whole days before the event was even to happen.

It made me think of a quote I heard a long time ago; “You can't be a reasonable with unreasonable people." And don't get me wrong, everyone who posted was entitled to their opinion. And the tone set in most of those posts was sympathetic. But I take exception to the few who would almost delight in my misfortune.

So I decided to be flexible. And not by giving up, but rather by changing my approach.

So I did, and it worked. I achieved my desired outcome. And by the way, perhaps you’ll choose to agree that this new outcome (the ability to delete your name up to one hour prior to the auction) is much better for everyone participating in these auctions. And that includes gregr. Because you and I both know that this would not have been the only time this type of request would appear.

People can be difficult and argue about anything, but I don't have time for that. So for me this ends here. I got my name back just like I would have if there had been a “one hour prior to” rule to begin with. In my mind, it was there all along. It only needed to be put there for ALL of us to see and benefit from.

Cheers,
Ezinestein

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong I like this forum, but a lady is willing to give me $300 for friendmagnet.com.

:confused:

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Gregr think!

The $300 Lady served many purposes!

Cheers,
John

K

kingdon

Ezinestien, you're standing tall from my vantage point. You wouldn't be the first person here with that request. And I'm sure there are many others who wanted this option but didn't post because of the rhetoric. Cowards don't challenge the thoughts of those in power, they scurry behind them singing how sweet their farts smell.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you kingdon! Now I don't feel so alone. :)

sincerely,
John

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr think!

The $300 Lady served many purposes!

Cheers,
John

Whatever.....you're the one who said you didn't have a "plan".

:weird:

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

Whatever.....you're the one who said you didn't have a "plan".

:weird:

When did I say that?

And if you're talking about this;

And if you look back through my “plan” as you call it... you’ll see that I did get the exact outcome I was shooting for.

Then please read it again. :weird:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom