Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I will be Climbing Mount Washington NH on July 20th and am seeking your support

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On July 20, 2013, I will climb 6,288-foot Mount Washington, New Hampshire as a participant in the 13th annual Seek the Peak hike-a-thon. As the largest annual fundraiser for the nonprofit Mount Washington Observatory, every dollar I raise will directly support the Observatory's mission of research and education on Mount Washington.
Since 1932, the member-supported Mount Washington Observatory has been observing and reporting on Mount Washington's infamous conditions from their mountaintop weather station, maintaining one of North America's longest continuous climate records.

The data they collect is utilized in forecasting models, weather reports, landmark climate research and a variety of educational outreach.

Please join me in supporting this legendary institution by making a donation towards my hike. All gifts are fully tax-deductible, and will help Mount Washington Observatory continue their important work in the Home of the World's Worst Weather.

Donation Page

Thank you

Iancc = Ian clark

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've climbed that baby exactly 10 times and I'll be happy to support the observatory and your climb! What trails are you doing? My favorite loop is full packing up the Ammonoosuc (with a dip in gorge) and down the Jewel (with an overnight 3/4 the way down). Don't tell anyone!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is approved my me, please leave it open. ;)
Thanks!

Adam Dicker

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool. They recorded the strongest wind gust on record up there - 231mph.

Hope your journey will be less windy.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well done Ian. Just received this today...
"As we close our books on December, the year-end campaign topped out at $162,428—our most successful year-end campaign ever, providing crucial funds for our weather station on Mount Washington, our instrument sites throughout the Whites, and our Weather Discovery Center in North Conway.

After several years of grant writing and fundraising, we also crossed the finish line on the capital campaign for Extreme Mount Washington. Because of you, we will soon open one of New Hampshire’s most incredible educational experiences!

On behalf of the staff and trustees of the nonprofit Mount Washington Observatory, THANK YOU for your generous support.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
update...Ian is still climbing... :pound:

Congrats!!!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am seeking donations for the therapy I will need. A group of us are biking thru San Fran this Saturday and up on to and across the Golden Gate bridge, down to Salsalito and back. I am scared to death of heights. The only reason I agreed to go is because so many of us are doing this as a group that perhaps I won't have to look over the railing.

Ian...Mt. Washington this time of year is painfully cold. Did you only raise enough money to go up? How much do you lack to come down off the Mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators