Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed [IDN] .com, .com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain Summit 2024

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you at least tell us what they mean in English? :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course.
Glad you asked :wink:

I still know very little about the Arab language, perhaps there are Arabic speakers out there.
المحادثة.com should mean 'chat'
توظيف.com is supposed to mean 'employment'

BTW I don't know if anyone can see the Arabic characters and URLs, I am using Opera and it works just fine.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can see them just fine. I don't know much about arabic internet users though. Is ".com" a common typin over there? If so then these could be really good domains. If they mostly use their own extension then it might not be as good. I have no real knowledge of the online culture in the middle east.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I can say is that Internet penetration is low in most Arab countries.
I believe most businesses in the Arab world prefer to use .com because national TLDs are regulated, sometimes expensive and cumbersome to get.
But there are also a lot of Arab speakers in the Western world who are computer-litterate :)

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends on US OVT, generally, popular Arabic keywords got US OVT ranging from 2000 to 200,000+

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
touchring said:
Depends on US OVT, generally, popular Arabic keywords got US OVT ranging from 2000 to 200,000+

I am fairly sure that dot com is correct extension for the Arabic Market. These are good words, but probably not the most commonly used terms as, I am getting under 1K on Overture.

In the current market I would suggest that these would not fetch significantly more than $1,000 each, but would nevertheless be good investments for the future.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Currently I get 1-2 clicks per day, that is not much but I will hold on to the names and see in the long term.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As a matter of interest, where do you have them parked as Sedo don't have anything for Arabic and Russian yet? Do you also get click through?

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep Sedo only supports a limited set of IDN names at this time so I put them @ parkingsite. Very few clicks ATM and no CTR.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
Yep Sedo only supports a limited set of IDN names at this time so I put them @ parkingsite. Very few clicks ATM and no CTR.

Sedo is supposed to be doing an Arabic Site but it is not up and running. I think this will handle all the right to left languages.

Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Hindi, Bangla, Tamil and whole range of Indic scripts can be parked at Sedo.cn

Oddly there seems to be no provision for Russian at all.

I haven't got Russian, Arabic or Urdu parked at the moment, but I think I will wait until someone gets their act together.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I look forward to a fully-fledged IDN parking program.
Unfortunately being able to park IDN names is only half of the issue.
Parking names is useless if we don't have (geo-)targeted advertising along with parking.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
Yeah I look forward to a fully-fledged IDN parking program.
Unfortunately being able to park IDN names is only half of the issue.
Parking names is useless if we don't have (geo-)targeted advertising along with parking.

Very perceptive! Sedo actually do this through Google for the Far East. You can even select your own local keywords if an advertisers has signed up for the term. At least they have understood that much. Interface is still full of bugs though and some obviously useful features are not provided.

The main problems appear to be that Chinese traffic for the moment seems to stay within the PRC, not sure whether it is firewall or just DNS tinkering to get their own IDN.IDN to work. We have had surges of traffic so we know it is there.

China also has yet to take to Google Adwords in a big way so there are a lack of target for your click through to aim at.

From Japanese perspective things are better and some domains have significant traffic. Conversion rates are still quite low. Probably because interface is in Chinese. Again Google Adwords in way behind. In Japan Yahoo dominates market, but I have no idea how to access their programme.

Some Adwords in Thailand, nothing in India. Still this time last year half these places weren't even Indexed for Search. Its frustrating waiting but things are happening and the release of IE 7.0 should add some impetus.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to add Arabic.com to Sedo (and Russian.com as well)?

Sent them an email but no reply as yet. Anyway got any idea? Appreciate any tip. :)

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing working for these as yet!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
touchring said:
I can't seem to add Arabic.com to Sedo (and Russian.com as well)?

Sent them an email but no reply as yet. Anyway got any idea? Appreciate any tip. :)
I asked them a while ago. They only support European charset names like French or German etc.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They support Chinese and Japanese (90% only) from my experience. You just need to select unicode before posting the domains.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I copy/paste these into my browser they seem to work (forward to XN-...) like a normal domain! I never realized this.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
When I copy/paste these into my browser they seem to work (forward to XN-...) like a normal domain! I never realized this.

Welcome to the world of IDN :approve:

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:

Yes, truly congrats. Seems more and more are joining us these days.

Seem's consumer awareness is closing in also.

"Next IE Beta Will See Global Domains"​

News Link​

P.S. and about the Russian domains, they are performing the best for us right now. Seem's quite a few major russian sites are gearing up and promoting their urls as idns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom