Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld interaction.ca sells for 30k

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I had some inquiries last year that would be Type 2 and 3 above. Had a type 1 inquiry about 2 years ago for a Canadian city name .biz that a company dropped by accident - they came on strong then I never heard anything since.

The inquiries for me keep increasing each year, don't know if it's because I keep buying more domains, or general interest is increasing - lol.

My big worry when I see a sale like interaction.ca for 30k is that I don't think I would have gotten that price myself. It's hard to ask more for a name than you really think it's worth, at least for me. And I usually value my names high. Although if you know information about the potential buyer, like their company name, the business they're in, what their revenues are, then that would help.

Domain Summit 2024

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HG,

From personal experience the sales that are high priced are usually because they started with a big offer. ;) Not saying it takes no skill to get mid $xx,xxx but a lot of it is determined on their initial offer.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would help if they approach you with "Hi, I'm from the company Interaction and we're interested in purchasing your domain interaction.ca". But it doesn't happen that way often I'm sure.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at what some companies do... ;)

some use real names or email you from company addresses

the tricky ones are the ones that hire a third party...

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I think this year my new year's resolution should be to be more patient...

Somedays I just don't understand the market... I'm sitting on a bunch of insurance related .ca's that I am offering for $25 and not a single bite... these names have huge resale potential and the clicks pay very well but I need to sell them immediately for a reason I will not discuss at this time. I need these ones gone and nobody is even willing to drop $25... don't get it... take a look at the thread, are they really crap? I certainly don't think so but who am I...

http://www.dnforum.com/f356/cheap-i...tyinsurancequote-s-ca-more-thread-402000.html

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The initial offer is a tell no question...but once you know who the buyer is, and I really think you need to, I think it becomes less relevant...and if you happen to know buyer AND the purpose then you are golden. Finding out the first can be done...the second is tougher.

Somedays I just don't understand the market... I'm sitting on a bunch of insurance related .ca's that I am offering for $25 and not a single bite... these names have huge resale potential and the clicks pay very well but I need to sell them immediately for a reason I will not discuss at this time. I need these ones gone and nobody is even willing to drop $25... don't get it... take a look at the thread, are they really crap? I certainly don't think so but who am I...

http://www.dnforum.com/f356/cheap-i...tyinsurancequote-s-ca-more-thread-402000.html

Please dont be offended but my personal opinion is that they are crap. You had a couple of two word ones that you sold that were decent, but why would anyone pay anything for a 3 word .ca that they could hand reg similar or better domains for $12 ? Your 3D domains are nice and I think will appreciate but no offense, I personally would not take those domains you listed for free. As someone told me, feedback is a gift...dont take it the wrong way.

Last edited:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Angela,

Keep in mind that you can't expect names you bought for reg fee in 2009 to sell in 2009 for more than double. Reg fee names usually stay reg fee for a while before they accrue in value.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I would put a small website on each one - you will get back at least regfee every month as they are in a high paying niche.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, congrats to the seller. It is a nice benchmark for future dealings and is also nice to see them getting listed on DNjournal.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback guys. I never take offense if the feedback has some merit to it. And of course to each his own opinion. I regged my .ca's for long term investments so I am not in any rush to sell... the insurance ones however I need to get rid of asap and I am in no position to develop them at this time. Everything else will get developed eventually. Instead of working on a million little projects I pulled back on everything and decided to focus on one thing at a time. Now that xmas is over with things can get back to normal and I can kick it in to high gear.

Again, appreciate your feedback guys.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If a domain can make reg fee every month then it's doing well!

My problem in the past is I thought of insurance, mortgages, real estate, etc. as boring topics, but the ads pay really well.

Topics like games and recipes can get a lot of traffic but the clicks are usually 5 or ten cents each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom