Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed investers.com Making Avg. $30.53/Day

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the market will set the price.

if you want to find out what it's worth, at this point in time... best thing to do is put it up for sale and collect offers. got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

getting an appraisal such as this, from resellers aka bargain hunters will be way off.

half of the amounts mentioned above are unrealistic and the people don't know what they are talking about.

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
500-1000 years minimum. don't worry about the mainstream PPC market being less then 5 years old. i'm sure it will be around in 500 years. ask for $2.2 trillion. i think i've seen a few eBay auctions with similar asking prices.

seriously though, people saying 6-10 years are on crack. 2-4 years tops.

Already got offer for 4 years. 4 year turn around is a great investment.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not a difficult appraisal to make, I don't know why people are all over the board. 48 months is a very realisitic price. I said 5-6 years earlier, I should have said max of 5 years.
If interest rates rise, this number will go down. If there is a noticeable growth rate to the revenue, that could factor to increase the value. If someone sees that they could monetize it better, that could factor in. If your getting a 50% rev share from parking the site and someone else can get 60%, that could factor in.

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
This is not a difficult appraisal to make, I don't know why people are all over the board. 48 months is a very realisitic price. I said 5-6 years earlier, I should have said max of 5 years.
If interest rates rise, this number will go down. If there is a noticeable growth rate to the revenue, that could factor to increase the value. If someone sees that they could monetize it better, that could factor in. If your getting a 50% rev share from parking the site and someone else can get 60%, that could factor in.

If I had a high paying feed I would put together about 10 templates and keep tweaking to make the most money. Anyone out there with a high paying feed want to give this a try?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why I can't get to investers.com? just tried and couldn't do it.

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
Is there a reason why I can't get to investers.com? just tried and couldn't do it.

Moving it to parkingsite.com to give it a try. I changed the nameservers but it must not be updated in parkingsite.com yet. I'll give them a shout. Thanks for letting me know.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I reckon 10-20 years of current income which is probably unoptimised use.

If income is optimised, 10 years income at $30 a day could perhaps be earned in 3 to 5 years.

Also remember you are probably getting a 50% revenue share whereas some people might be getting higher (75%?)

Someone who can work well with good investment/investor affiliates will probably make a lot more than PPC income with not too much work.

If you want to cash in on the investment to reinvest at a high rate of profit, or if you need the money for something, sell for less.

What is the trend on the income? The trend on most of my domains (at trafficz.com) over the last 4 years has been steadily upwards. I think this can be factored in, and if growth rate is good, then maybe 15-30 years isn't so unreasonable.

This is always assuming you don't won't to cash the investment to invest with a high annual return, which domains can give (20%, 40% plus ROI).

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
..seriously though, people saying 6-10 years are on crack. 2-4 years tops.

So do you think Marchex is on crack since the $164 million they paid last yr was said at the time to be 8X?

I understand other heavy hitters have also paid 8X.

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to sell it. $30 a day for life (supplemental retirement fund). And then when you're dead it becomes your kids supplemental fund. A single domain that earns you this much a day, you should keep it and not sell it IMO.

But if you need the cash go for it, but don't sell it cheap. As mentioned before PPC is not the only way you can make money with your domains.

As online advertising grows each year, what you might be making now could increase in 5 years time. So that $30 day revenue you are making now could turn out to be $60 a day revenue in the future. (How long have you had this domain and was it $30 a day from the first time you got it)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there are many if's and but's here... who said this domain would earn more with affiliate programs then when it's parked, via ppc. sure, it might...but then again it might not make a single sale per month. you have to be realistic. nobody pays a crazy multiple for potential, or weak typos. with that said, you really have to stay open minded if you want to make the most of what you got, whether its ppc or affil programs or selling off... go out there and explore all your options and when your ready, do the damn thang.

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
I reckon 10-20 years of current income which is probably unoptimised use.

If income is optimised, 10 years income at $30 a day could perhaps be earned in 3 to 5 years.

Also remember you are probably getting a 50% revenue share whereas some people might be getting higher (75%?)

Someone who can work well with good investment/investor affiliates will probably make a lot more than PPC income with not too much work.

If you want to cash in on the investment to reinvest at a high rate of profit, or if you need the money for something, sell for less.

What is the trend on the income? The trend on most of my domains (at trafficz.com) over the last 4 years has been steadily upwards. I think this can be factored in, and if growth rate is good, then maybe 15-30 years isn't so unreasonable.

This is always assuming you don't won't to cash the investment to invest with a high annual return, which domains can give (20%, 40% plus ROI).

I know there are people out there that have high PPC and know how to optimize templates to maximize revenue. Someone with experience with this should look at it and tweak it and probably make their money back in 2 to 3 years. I need to free up money to reinvest in my new company. Someone out there with experience should be able to gobble this up for a quicker return.

marly said:
Why would you want to sell it. $30 a day for life (supplemental retirement fund). And then when you're dead it becomes your kids supplemental fund. A single domain that earns you this much a day, you should keep it and not sell it IMO.

But if you need the cash go for it, but don't sell it cheap. As mentioned before PPC is not the only way you can make money with your domains.

As online advertising grows each year, what you might be making now could increase in 5 years time. So that $30 day revenue you are making now could turn out to be $60 a day revenue in the future. (How long have you had this domain and was it $30 a day from the first time you got it)

I would assume it grows every year because of 2 things.
1. Growing Alexa ranking for investors.com main site and taking advantage of their advertising dollars.
2. Yearly Internet user growth.

marly said:

It's most likely going to grow but the money i put into my next project will grow much faster so I need to free up money.

mike031 said:
there are many if's and but's here... who said this domain would earn more with affiliate programs then when it's parked, via ppc. sure, it might...but then again it might not make a single sale per month. you have to be realistic. nobody pays a crazy multiple for potential, or weak typos. with that said, you really have to stay open minded if you want to make the most of what you got, whether its ppc or affil programs or selling off... go out there and explore all your options and when your ready, do the damn thang.

Yeah. I am going to play around with some ideas on it. Try to monetize it more. It's funny I had this domain in 98 or 99. I didn't turn it on until a year ago. It's been sitting for 6 years or so. No page up or anthing. Dead DNS. I have a ton of domains i got back in the day but never did anything with them. I worked real hard on companies and $30 per day didn't seem like anything. Never really put that much thought into it.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
So do you think Marchex is on crack since the $164 million they paid last yr was said at the time to be 8X?

Don't mix apples and oranges. Marchex paid for portfolio of 100,000 or so names which included many TM typos, and crappy names, but also contained many premium generics (like Beijing.com) whose valuation is always beyond any yearly multiples. In other words they had to pay for shit in order to get to gems.

trader said:
I understand other heavy hitters have also paid 8X.

They pay that much only when they believe that the name even at 8x is undervalued (that they can make more money in shorter time, that they can flip it for more, or that they need that name for reasons that go beyond just business). Many great generics don't make much money on PPC, and the only way to get them is to offer more than what the usual yearly multiples custom is. In scenario like that "heavy hitters" do buy for 8x, but since this name isn't a premium generic name that has a value on its own (without traffic/income) it's appeal is limited.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, 8X for you might be only 4X for a big company that doesn't have to share parking revenues. For example if DomainSponsor or TrafficClub bought your portfolio.
Good thread. Interseting to see that some people think domains and computers as we know them will last well into our childrens time. No chance of a new technology changing things up, eh? No chance we might be speaking and pointing rather than typing?
Interesting also to see how much (or little) people understand about cash flows and annuities and their true present value. Too bad the guys thinking you should pay 10-100X for undevelopable sites don't actually have the money to make these purchases. A decent portion of us would be cashing out now I think.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla, the telephone system hasn't changed much in how long now? we still dial #'s don't we.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it... ever heard of this expression? domains are here to stay, for good.

the single best investment in our life time --- domain names.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised this question hasn't been asked but whats the daily traffic average?

mike031 said:
Duckinla, the telephone system hasn't changed much in how long now? we still dial #'s don't we.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it... ever heard of this expression? domains are here to stay, for good.

the single best investment in our life time --- domain names.

I agree while my phone does have voice recognition it still dials a number.

Canadian

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i wish my investers.ca was doing as well. :0

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameMogul.com said:
I'm surprised this question hasn't been asked but whats the daily traffic average?

I agree while my phone does have voice recognition it still dials a number.

about average 61 visitors a day. That's high PPC.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
i'm not flaming ya trader, just trying to make it clear that domains arent gonna be around forever. people will tell you otherwise, but they are dead wrong. i would bet my left nut on it.

Let's also note the trader rating of 0!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Do we still dial numbers very often? How many wrong numbers do we dial anymore in a given year? If I lose my cell phone, I can't call anyone because I don't know their number in order to dial it. My wife talks to her phone...but I think that's just because she's lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener