Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Just had 700-800 PM's disappear from my inbox, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just was in my inbox and it was full and all of the sudden half of my old PM's disappeared when I refreshed the inbox...please advise

Chris

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

.no

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this as well after looking for a year old PM.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=225959
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=226988

Deleting all of them without any notice is nothing but ridiculous. Just one email would have saved both you and us for a lot of trouble.

As all threads are closed I have to open up a new one. I would like to know where I can find this temporary place to download my PM's? I really need some of them.

Karl
.no aka central

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was 48 hours late to save my pms... when I discovered the first thread.

If there is anywhere that I can revive them, kindly let me know.

Many many thanks :)

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
96 hour notice which is 4 days

.no

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As my last thread/post was closed without any good answer I'll try again.

My last thread: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1174340

I'm still wondering where I can find the temporary place to download my old PM's as DotComGod posted here: http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1169502&postcount=36

I have done most of my business here at the forums through PM's and really need a copy of them to document my expenses/income/transactions. How on earth should I expect my PM's to be deleted when I am allowed to save 1500 of them in my account? A 4 days notice posted in a hidden subforum can't be called a notice at all.

Karl
.no aka central

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nothing is setup as of yet.

-=DCG=-

.no

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I then assume I will get a notice, either by PM or by email, when this is available.

Karl
.no aka central

admin edit:
If PMs are made available you will see a post in DNF News. Please do not ask, there are too many threads. Thanks

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've read the two closed threads regarding this issue, but it's beyond words how you could just remove private communications between users of this site w/o advance notice. You DO spam me with EMAILs when you want to sell me something, but do you send a single email notice when you are about to remove 2 years worth of messages? Many of those you deleted had important contact information and really needed. I always kept my msg count very low, deleting old, unneeded PM. So the ones there are (were) very important! I actually PAID for my membership here and that membership included the PM system between members. W/o any notification you removed that part of the service. That would be a breach of contract in anyone's book.

You better hope no one lost a domain or $ over this.. you could find yourself facing more than a HD space problem.

NO FAITH in the admins of this site anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom