Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Letters to end users

Status
Not open for further replies.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for letters that would be suitable to end users. Anyone have any good templates or can point me in the right direction? I had a bunch of personalized letters but I lost my computer so i am starting over.

Thanks

Register for the auction

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is one I used few times which I got from someone.

============
Dear [censored],

I'm [censored], a [your occupation] from [your location]. I am writing to let you know I currently have the domain name [domain name] available for acquisition. Because I am looking to clear out my domain names by the end of September, I would be willing to offer you [domain name] below market value for use with your [censored] business's online home at [buyer's site name].

If you would like to consider acquiring this domain name, please reply to this message no later than this coming [date]. I would be happy to discuss a price that suits your budget. In the event I do not hear from you by that point, I will contact my next [domain name] candidate.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

All the best,
[censored]

[censored]
[your business name]
[your site name]

Tel: [censored]
E-mail: [censored]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
By all means avoid this type of letter:

I am interested in your domain ***.com and I can offer you $3000, and pay all the escrow fees at escrow.com. The economy is having a negative effect on the domain prices... I really like your domain, please let me know either way.

Best Regards

Thanks

AMITA

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
By all means avoid this type of letter:

I wont be using that letter, i am mainly focusing on end users who are on the buying end.

DNB

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used this template , found on other forum

Hello,
I am (your name), owner of the web domain:
(domain)
Should your organization, have interest in acquiring this domain, please
feel free to contact me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but you really should avoid any and all "templates" when contacting a so-called "end user".

Use your imagination, after researching your potential buyer: find out why they would put your domain to use, explain why it'd benefit their company or business and be as formal as possible. Avoid sending the same email to a bunch of people.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but you really should avoid any and all "templates" when contacting a so-called "end user".

Use your imagination, after researching your potential buyer: find out why they would put your domain to use, explain why it'd benefit their company or business and be as formal as possible. Avoid sending the same email to a bunch of people.

agree

you have to make that potential buyer feel like this is something that fits with their plan, goal or strategy.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tend to be a bit wordy (and haven't actually converted any end-user sales with this method), but FYI, here is a letter I have sent out in the past. Names & domain were changed. I tried to show the potential buyer the clear benefits of owning a domain like this.

FirstName LastName, Marketing Director
Potential Buyer Inc.
[address]

Dear Mr. LastName,

I am writing to offer PBI a unique and valuable property.

Your company is in the business of selling grompets. I can offer you something that will help your business attract more attention – and almost certainly increase grompet sales.

This item is the internet domain name Grompets.com.

PBI can benefit in several important ways from owning this domain:

1. If you choose to, you can "brand" your grompet business as Grompets.com - giving that as the website address that prospects should visit. This attention-grabbing domain is easy for them to remember, encouraging them to visit your website and buy your products. It also sounds authoritative, helping prospects to see you as the leading grompet vendor.

2. You can get visits from potential customers who, when looking for grompet suppliers, simply type Grompets.com into their web browsers. This so-called "type-in traffic" is a well-known and substantial practice that could bring you prospects you wouldn't otherwise get. You could simply forward all of those prospects automatically to your current website.

3. A key benefit of owning a one-word domain that describes a product category, such as Grompets.com, is that it can raise your standing with search engines (such as Google). When I typed "grompets" into Google today, PBI was the 30th link listed; since most people see only 25 links on one page (and don't look at more pages), they would never see your listing. Search engines like Google use a variety of factors to determine how the links should be ranked; one of those factors is the actual domain name. Using Grompets.com would help PBI get closer to the top of the list, thus reaching more prospects.

Companies worldwide sell grompets. The Grompets.com domain would be quite valuable to any of them. I am offering it to PBI because you appear to have a substantial company that could clearly benefit from this type of increased exposure to potential customers.

I will call you on Friday (February 31st) to discuss this offer further. In the meantime, if you have questions, please contact me by phone ([number]) or email ([email address]).

Sincerely,

My Name

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for letters that would be suitable to end users. Anyone have any good templates or can point me in the right direction? I had a bunch of personalized letters but I lost my computer so i am starting over.

Thanks

LOL.

It has taken me over 10 years to perfect my tried, true and tested email to end-users.

It didn't take me just 10 seconds to make a post on a message board to get answers.

If I were to tell you my form letter I would have to kill ya ;).. Good luck...

ps- The earlier examples given in this thread are absolutely HORRIBLE ! Those form letters are total unmitigated Garbage ( no offense to anyone).

Last edited:

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its good to list some sales relating to the name you are selling because some companies dont know the value of names DNJournal.com is good for that .

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL.

It has taken me over 10 years to perfect my tried, true and tested email to end-users.

It didn't take me just 10 seconds to make a post on a message board to get answers.

ps- The earlier examples given in this thread are absolutely HORRIBLE ! Those form letters are total unmitigated Garbage ( no offense to anyone).

Thanks for the insight, although I wouldnt use anyones one given idea as I feel these need to be personalized. I actually formed my letter from ideas that the users were giving me and I sent out my letter and thus far of the 30 letters I sent out this afternoon, 4 people have responded.

I do agree that it takes years to have the perfect pitch. One thing that I have learned from domainers is that you need to lead the group, not follow it.

Why did I ask for templates of sales letters? I asked because I wanted to get my creative juices flowing. I have a natural blessed knack of being able to market & sell what I want to have sold. I have noticed that when I am in a hurry or not feeling up to speed, I have results that I dont favor, but if I get ideas and thoughts. I tend to do really awesome!

Thank you everyone who shared whole heartedly. You are greatly appreciated and respected for sharing your wealth of information..

P.S Acquistion, who are you to say that these letters that people may or may not be using is horrible when you haven't submitted your own work to be judged. This thread isnt here for you to judge others work, it's here to get some ideas and insight.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hey, how could I take offense at that?

It's obvious that you are the only halfway intelligent person on this forum; that nobody could possibly profit from what anyone else has posted; and that we should acknowledge our own idiocy, and just genuflect in your direction. Nothing about those truths could possibly be offensive.

(Of course, this is all a matter of Faith, as we must Blindly Believe in the Perfect Infallibility of Your marketing letters. But if we don't have Faith, what have we?)

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL.

The guy clearly stated he was looking to be pointed in the right direction. Your comment is extremely arrogant and unfounded- would love to see one of your "tried and true" letters". Probably reads like a Nigerian scam.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL.

I am sure your personality and charm carries you through in your sales letters...

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it better to put To whom it may concern or do you guys have a better idea?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
To whom?

No, no, no....

Find out who you're dealing with and address them by name.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To whom?

No, no, no....

Find out who you're dealing with and address them by name.

Ok I was struggling with the professional ideals behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom