Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Massive air raid rocks Baghdad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
I ashamed to be british tonight

What they are doing there is worse than September 11th ..........

How is that worse? The terrorist went after 2 building filled with civilians ..INTENTIONALLY..

Our targets are military buidings..

so please explain how this is worse?

Dont get me wrong.. I think it is wrong..I think we take out Saddam and move on..
But dont for a second try and equate Saddams military compounds with the world trade centers filled with civilians..

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually it appeared that a rather small number of satellite guided missiles hit Saddams palaces and some republican guard outposts.

Far from a massive air raid rocking baghdad. If the intent was to take out baghdad or any other city for that matter the results would have been much different (not making a statement of bravado....I watched the attack and it was pretty scary but it appeared to be very targeted and deliberate).

Whois-Search - "What they are doing there is worse than September 11th .........."

Thats just a silly statement. Innocent civilians from countries all around the world were targeted and killed on Sept. 11.

How can you compare that with specific hits on military and political targets that were planned and the Iraqi govt. new were coming months ago.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The whole of the centre of Baghdad is on fire - 100's of buildings

The News Commentators here are comparing it to Vietnam

Innocent civilians in Iraq are being killed

How many Innocent civilians of Baghdad will now have Shell Shock ?

How many Iraqi soldiers are killed to every American or British soldier ? Hundreds

Where are the buildings for the new Iraqi government going to be now ?

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jesus christ

the only brits or americans who die are the ones crashing their own chopper LOL!

I am entirely with whois on this one

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Innocent civilians in Iraq are being killed

Where do you see info on this or are you just telling us how you feel?

How many Iraqi soldiers are killed to every American or British soldier ?

Where are you getting this number? Obviously the soldiers laying down their weapons are getting by ok.

Where are the buildings for the new Iraqi government going to be now ?

?? Clearly not in any of Saddams palaces. I'm sure they will get that detail worked out.

I am entirely with whois on this one

So you agree that this is worse than sept 11 ice?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually Who-is only about 10 buildings are on fire...your imagination is getting the better of you.

But Saddam has over 100 government buildings in and around Baghdad ....I suspect all of those will systematically be targeted..with each new wave of attacks until Saddam says
"uncle"..so before it is over ...yes there will be 100 hundreds of buildings on fire..

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You drop hundreds of bombs on a big city and no one gets killed ?

How many Iraqi soldiers will they kill ? all of them that fight ?

What are they going to do with all the prisoners of war ? shoot um ? send them to cuba ? keep them locked up ?

We will have to pay for the re-build of Baghdad

Both sides are wrong...........

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You drop hundreds of bombs on a big city and no one gets killed ?

Ok, so you dont have any facts...you're sharing your personal and emotional thoughts with us. I understand and appreciate that but you probably shoudlnt state it as a fact until you have some actual proof.

How many Iraqi soldiers will they kill ? all of them that fight ?

Typically why it is called a war. It appears that many are surrendering. I do hope that continues. It would be a big mistake IMO to dismantle the Iraqi army.

Both sides are wrong...........

Nice moderating backpedal... :)

(oops ... edited for pps)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
I ashamed to be british tonight

What they are doing there is worse than September 11th ..........

I can't believe you just said/posted that.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
2nd? I think we are well past that number aren't we?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So that means the US has the right to decide if/when to start a war?

Last time i checked it was still solely the UN's right to decide on those matters.

War crime i say.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois - I also don't think it was too smart to post your radical and unhinged views here - being a mod you are supposed to speak on behalf of the managers of the forum, quell arguments etc... Also, as British soldiers died today doing their job, I find your comments fairly repulsive.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Bin Laden only targetted the Pentagon and the White House or some military targets, I would have no problem defending him; but then he CHOSE to hit the Imperialist/Capitalist icon (WTO), making him another low life like Geroge W.M. Bush Junior*. There were WAY MORE innocent civilians in those 2 towers; but to say that ALL THOSE who worked there were innocent civilians would be plain naive.

* Sorry, I do NOT have one single bit of respect for this warmonger. I only respect respectable people. It doesn't matter if I am American or if he is the President of the day. (To be fair, Saddam Hussein is equally ridiculous.)

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I live 2 hours from NYC...I was in North Jersey on Sept 11th and I saw the WTC on fire. Someone I use to work with died that day...he had a wife, a child and another child on the way. A son will not play catch with his father and a daughter will not dance with her father on her wedding day because of terrorists.

If what is going on in Iraq will prevent another Sept 11th, then all I can say is thank God. They are treating the POWs with respect...begging them to surrender. Trying everything they can to PREVENT more loss of life.

I am insulted that you compared this to Sept 11th.
Spet 11th will be a day I will never forget.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Topnames - problem is, this war on Iraq has nothing to do whatsoever with the events of 911.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do not start saying i'm on the wrong side - Iraq is wrong 100% - and it has nothing to do with my personal opinion .........

But You only have to watch the news to see the facts :

Like American flag flying in Umm Qatar

There will be more facts to come .................Like what we want with the oil and the effects of the bombs

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bin Laden has over 7 stated goals - one of them is getting Saddam and his ruling Ba'th party out of Iraq.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beatz...neither of us can be sure of that, but I said prevent another 911 like attack.

If Saddam did create nukes and he gave those nukes to terrorists, then Sept 11th would look like a playground compared to 100,000+ deaths in a nuke explosion.

Did you see the Iraqies celebrating and kissing the American and British soldiers on CNN? Some of them are happy to have Saddam gone...you do realize he killed 100,000+ of his own people right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom