Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

May I suggest a new rule to put everyone in safety in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

There should be a new rule that for WHATEVER the HELL reason, NO ONE is to lend money to ANY members whatsoever in here. PERIOD.

e.g.
Lend $300 to help someone pay for hospitality fee, in return for $350 payment after 2 months. NO.
Lend $50 to help someone pay for school fee, and sender will get $75 in return after one week. NO.
Lend $10 to help someone pay for hosting, in return for free hosting for life. NO.

As I periodically see members in here get ripped off, and scammed. There should be a rule, when a member asks someone to lend him money. The receiver should immediately forward the PM to an admin and get the requester perm banned. We have enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. :) (3)

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Disagree(1).

I think we all are old/professional enough to make our own decisions...

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think people should ask for gifts instead of loans. If anyone has any extra category defining domains that would like to gift please send them this way.

Enjoy your day

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This rule has always been there I think we made it like 2-3 years back...

18. No charity, fundraising, "woe is me", or any other form of persuasive posts. Too many scams. You may have a well known charity in your signature, that's it. Threads designed to persuade members to provide sympathetic consideration will be deleted and infraction points or bans will be issued.

http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we all have defense against this...

just say NO

rentdn

T_T
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think that such rule will ever work , as I know creating such threads is prohibited in here . Lending money usually is being made via PMs and for that reason you can't control it and you can't allow another member to make his own decision . Just everybody need to be careful then lending money thats all

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Disagree(1).

I think we all are old/professional enough to make our own decisions...

I agree wth ARMG. People here are mature enough to make their own decisions. We already have rules against unsolicited PMs (which it seems that there has been some of this) plus:

This rule has always been there I think we made it like 2-3 years back...

18. No charity, fundraising, "woe is me", or any other form of persuasive posts. Too many scams. You may have a well known charity in your signature, that's it. Threads designed to persuade members to provide sympathetic consideration will be deleted and infraction points or bans will be issued.

http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php

Scorpio brings up one of the rules that covers this also. The post this thread is mainly referring to violated this rule, too.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Disagree as well. I like honesty and trust, and if I get burned for my principals, let it be.. I would lend money to a person that I trust, even if I haven't met him/her in real life. If a person exploits this, karma will pay back anyway.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Disagree as well. I like honesty and trust, and if I get burned for my principals, let it be.. I would lend money to a person that I trust, even if I haven't met him/her in real life. If a person exploits this, karma will pay back anyway.

I'm in this camp (disagree). Obviously a spin off from the other thread about navpros. For the record, he did not offer me $300 for $350 or anything like that, if he had I might have suspected he was gambling it in some way. Those 'incentives' generally indicate a scam you are right. He asked me, as a friend to loan him $300 for a couple of days. I trusted him enough to do this and I got burnt. I know that was my fault- I blame nobody but myself. There is enough evidence now to see Greg was not trustworthy, but that is hindsight and was not the situation as I weighed it at the time. I lost $300, Greg lost all future business from me and his entire reputation in the domain world. Will I lend other people money online? Probably yes, but I'll be a lot more careful in future. It was an expensive lesson, but it will make me smarter in the long run.

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything. ~Edward Phelps

Last edited:
I

impactadmin

I would agree that most are mature enough to make a decision whether to donate money or not.

We cannot control your intensions to donate money or not, nor will a rule stop this either. You have the option to say NO, ignore the thread and just dont get involved.

If you do decide to lend money, get all contact information, review trader feedback, view persons posts on the forum and confirm his/her contact information by calling etc.

I would suggest just say no unless it is someone you know.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Most of us don't like being asked to borrow money, even from friends. I think having a rule that prohibits asking would be a good idea.

Also; If you loaned money out to someone and weren't paid back, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the times I've been burnt it was friends that took advantage of me. And now they are ex friends.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its your fault that you dont know who your friends are if they were really your friends they wouldn't have done such a thing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom