Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal MLA.com currently stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sweet domain though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No wonder the thief pursued it.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bin?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought godaddy had a safety guard in place no domain can be moved out of account without a call to home and a code...???

I'm thinking godaddy problems are coming from within. JMO

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought godaddy had a safety guard in place no domain can be moved out of account without a call to home and a code...???

I'm thinking godaddy problems are coming from within. JMO

Not the first time.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

GoDaddy does offer that feature. It is called DTVS, but is not a standard feature.
As far as I know it is only available as an add-on to executive accounts.

Brad

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Literally every major valuable stolen domain name (including some I have personally helped recover) have been at Godaddy recently, very odd.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. May justice prevail.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's right, BloDaddy's famous DTVS system is only accessible to Premier guys (now $4k/yr spent on GD per acct at a minimum, plus no less than 250 names w/them) and they actually call your cell #, not home. And the owner needs to answer and ID himself properly, and only while Premier is open (til 7:30 PM AZ time), you can't just leave a VM saying it's OK. A few drawbacks so heavy traders should think before opting for this (sometimes you'll even be told this needs to wait til your assigned Premier rep is actually there)

And domains have been known to get stolen thru unauthorized pushes within GD, so transferring a domain out of there is not the only method thieves resort to. I also think this happens way too often at GD, they can't just claim it goes with the territory when you're the biggest registrar on earth

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was offered this one the other day, with a BIN of $35k. I'll post the e-mail a little later (don't have it on this computer).

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stian. And the mail headers too please :)

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stolen last May and its just coming to light now?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks Stian, I forwarded all the info to the owner. Your communication might be the catalyst in this case!

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This case is indeed remarkably similar to this other one, also recent:

http://www.dnforum.com/f26/domains-stolen-godaddy-four-3-letter-coms-thread-518201.html

GoDaddy was once again the registrar the domain was taken from. And the thieves picked poor Internet.bs lol (curious extension) as the recipient for the stolen name. Too many similarities. And as theo said in the DG article, eNom was involved in the other one (other stolen names were taken to eNom that time), but eNom doesn't seem to be here. The piece doesn't say if Internet.bs was effective in cooperating with the victim like they were in the other thread, I hope they were this time

And the owner of MLA.com found GoDaddy was not assisting him on this like a registrar facing theft from one of its clients' accounts should. I'm sooo surprised about this part ! my jaw dropped lmao... It'll actually be huge news the day GD does do what a registrar should after one of its names gets stolen

:jaw:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I know in my stock trading account, they request I have a password for signing in, and another password for placing a trade.

How about a password for pushing a domain, or transferring out if you want to do it instantly, and not wait a 7 day window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom