Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MOD attacking members personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand here in the forum, members got attacked by a MOD quite often and sometimes even attacked personally.

Should this be happening?

I would have thought the MOD can send PM if they aren't happy with something rather than attacking members personally in the threads. It looks ugly.

Upvote 0

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1- never got a Draggar PM....i got the BS "system gen"....

I rarely sen out PMs (mainly to new members violating the basic rules - gold member advertising, no domain etc..) but I always put the reason in the top (the only exception is spam-bots, which those posts usually get deleted antway.

2 - there ain't no sticky in that Gold area that says no advertising....says you can discuss "anything" you want....

http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php

These rules are for all of the forums, it would be a waste of space and databse to have to reiterate them in every subforum.

3 - why didn't you guys then close it after the FIRST post if i created such a serious crime???

We sometimes miss posts considering the thousands that go on every day. We can't check every post and if it is noticed to be in violation of the rules, we'll take action.

If you speed on a road every day, don't think a cop won't stop you the day he has a speed trap on that road. The only thing telling him that you do it every day might get you is maybe more tickets. :(

5 - still can't figure out why you couldn't tell me who closed the thread....

Unless the person who closed it also reports it - we don't know who closed it.

6 - I gotta go to Home Depot now......so...I'm considering this over and out....

Do you mind picking me up a Ryobi One+ chainsaw, some lawn starter fertilizer (ten pound bag), a bag of Bermuds grass seed (three pounds should be enough), and one of those hot dogs they usually sell in the front of the store?

Thanx! :D

Domain Summit 2024

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
GOD, I love to watch dogs chase their tails.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The mods are crap, and it is our right as paying members to express our thoughts.
I agree that PAYING members (a.k.a. clients) do have their rights, but if you honestly believe that ALL the mods here are crap, there really is no point sticking around.

If I were the owner, I would introduce a mechanism that allows at least a partial refund so unhappy customers could leave instead.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that PAYING members (a.k.a. clients) do have their rights, but if you honestly believe that ALL the mods here are crap, there really is no point sticking around.

If I were the owner, I would introduce a mechanism that allows at least a partial refund so unhappy customers could leave instead.
Reading this thread and other threads currently being consumed, it is obvious that the issue with many of these threads is the member.

And there certainly are much more serious issues to deal with than a member complaining and whining about a mod picking on me.

Yes, I am guilty also for starting such threads.

I got over it.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc...yeah...i agree.....but u know what's f*cked up?.....you gotta sometimes be walking on eggshells....because if u say the wrong thing about a MOD......or make a complaint....or even answer them back in a nasty way....BOOM...you could be Banned.....because they feel like they got some super powers because of that stupid MOD badge they wear on their chests.....

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been around here a long time.
I have seen some good mods and bad mods.
I'm happy with the present staff.

Being a mod is a no win situation.
Sometimes they annoy someone.
Most of the times they are right.
Sometimes they are wrong.

Even doctors occasionally makes a mistake.

Years ago, someone suggested I be a mod.
I told them - "are you nuts?"

Mods have occasionally closed one of my sales threads. (not often.)
I grit my teeth, curse to myself and then move on and forget about it.
They were enforcing the rules.

Also remember, the mods are human. All of us occasionally have a bad day.
Maybe, we should cut them some slack sometimes.

Maybe, we should have a "Mod appreciation day". :)

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes a MOD voting day like i said any one agree were mods can get good votes and bad votes im sure most mods will get good votes .

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been around here a long time.
I have seen some good mods and bad mods.
I'm happy with the present staff.

Being a mod is a no win situation.
Sometimes they annoy someone.
Most of the times they are right.
Sometimes they are wrong.

Even doctors occasionally makes a mistake.

Years ago, someone suggested I be a mod.
I told them - "are you nuts?"

Mods have occasionally closed one of my sales threads. (not often.)
I grit my teeth, curse to myself and then move on and forget about it.
They were enforcing the rules.

Also remember, the mods are human. All of us occasionally have a bad day.
Maybe, we should cut them some slack sometimes.

Maybe, we should have a "Mod appreciation day". :)

I agree 100% with the above. Personal rebukes and disagreements aside, we must dispute MOD's actions by the rules laid out by DNF. If they act based on those rules, we must not complain. Crossing the line by an inch or a mile is the same thing.

I used to feel badly about MOD's warnings, but not anymore. I was certainly pizzed at a MOD not too long ago for deleting one of my non flagrant posts in an heated discussion thread. That was uncalled for.

Overall, they have the interest of the community foremost. Can they make mistakes? Anyone can! Are they breaking any rules? I don't think so.

This is a thankless job. I for one, appreciate ED, Biggie and Johnn for keeping this jungle of complex personalities in check.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree, it's a thankless job.. although there will always be disputes and clash of opinions, but MODs are employees who are here to do their job and not to get personal.

Said that, will suggest to have a customer satsfaction check rating form to have the users filled on basis of the resolution (case-by-case) basis or periodical basis (monthly / quarterly) etc. All co's these days do a check on the quality of the support and to have first time resolution with least repeated queries.

Feedback / Satisfaction check can range from the features / functionalities to the Support Quality etc ..

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can you guys open a pool and vote me for the role of new mod? :)

Yeah, that's just what we need, a mod that post's "I agree 100%" in every thread.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree 100% with the above. Personal rebukes and disagreements aside, we must dispute MOD's actions by the rules laid out by DNF. If they act based on those rules, we must not complain. Crossing the line by an inch or a mile is the same thing.

I used to feel badly about MOD's warnings, but not anymore. I was certainly pizzed at a MOD not too long ago for deleting one of my non flagrant posts in an heated discussion thread. That was uncalled for.

Overall, they have the interest of the community foremost. Can they make mistakes? Anyone can! Are they breaking any rules? I don't think so.

This is a thankless job. I for one, appreciate ED, Biggie and Johnn for keeping this jungle of complex personalities in check.

I agree if my posts are shut down if they are not compliant with the rules.

What I am saying here is attacking members personally. It is NOT right. He is wasting his time and others' by doing this. I just want to focus on domaining in my spare time as I am doing part time domaining. It is waste of time to answer his replies back to him.

As part time domaining, I have to learn a lot in my spare time. It is hard sometimes as I do 72 hours per week in some weeks just for my normal job.

I thank him for some great answers he replies in some threads but personal attack on members is not necessary.

There are a few people in this forum wasting their time by doing UN-NECESSARY attacks on others. When I looked at their porfolios, I found they got average or worse than average domains. They are just wasting their time and energy on these things (attacking others) rather than focussion on domaining.

Last edited:

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I have to agree with the OP (or whoever posted it) that we should expect more from a paid forum. I also agree with Actnow when he says that modding is a thankless job... But a job none the less.

My primary reason for not using DNF much is actually its rigid policy about never deleting a name from titles. Prevents me from listing most of my inventory.

But I understand how other users might be put of by mods not respecting their own rule set or being abusive. Its like any position of authority, you have to try and keep your personal bias to yourself.

I myself felt thread on by mods... Have a look at this thread in "make an offer".. When I asked Biggidon to clean this thread from non related comments.

http://www.dnforum.com/f283/pronoun...m-pjow-com-sejx-com-others-thread-229572.html

His response was:

"we don't just remove replies because the seller doesn't like them. if you have a specific issue with a poster in your thread, please report it by clicking the report button."

Which was clearly bullshit since Biggie at the time was deleting comments left and right for being "out of line" with the sales thread.. I was not exclusive at the time. So no go for me. I had to delete my thread. That turned me of DNF for quite some time.

It also seems to me that the mods over at NP for some reason are nicer, more courteous and patient. It might be because the DNF mods are overworked since it seems that there are so few of them.

In conclusion. Yes its thankless to be a mod, but they are the only official representation we interact with at a membership site where we paid xxx$ to be members. We should be able to expect more from DNF mods than what the average DP mod can muster. Thats my 2 cents..

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's just what we need, a mod that post's "I agree 100%" in every thread.

Better "I agree 100%" than yours "I love Bush!" :D

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Better "I agree 100%" than yours "I love Bush!" :D

Wow.. Hadent even seen his sig text.. That has to be the most repulsive sig I saw here at DNF :) Who the **** wants a guy with IQ <75 speaking for himself and his country.. Sad shit.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you get to decide who works at your local mcdonalds?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you get to decide who works at your local mcdonalds?

But they do work well. If you pay money, you get burger and not something else.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But they do work well. If you pay money, you get burger and not something else.

and mcdonalds has their rules and regulations. Just because we bought a happy meal does not entitle us to a say in those rules and regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom