Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker.com - Review this Registrar

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weblord

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this domain registrar has domain sellers in mind i got .tv and .org with them and push/transfer to another moniker user is a breeze though the control panel is a little bit complicated for newbies but Im sure they can easily be learned.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is rated 5 out of 5 down the board. What can you say about a registrar whose own CEO responds to support tickets. Unlike other registrars out there, where you are only a number, Moniker is the best. Within the last 6 to 9 months I have began transferring over all my names to them. Support is friendly, prices are nice, and features are there (if you need them). I do not need redirecting, privacy, etc, but they offer comparible features to most other registrars. On their main page of the site they display awards they have won for #1 Secure Registrar. Their security is great. To date they have yet to have a domain hijacked from them.

Keep up the good work Moniker and you will rise to #1.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker offers great customer support, a nice low price for forum members and the best domain security. They feature an easy to use account management area, the abillity to delete domains registered within 4 days for a partial refund and support for many domain extensions. One of the best domain registrars.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of moniker. I have used their services not only for domain registrations but for escrow transactions and appraisals. Excellence is the only thing that describes them, I highly recommend moniker.
Escrow transactions, the most secure and reliable escrow available today. Highly recommended.
Appraisals: quality work within 3 days, appraisals done by expert valuers and is obvious that no software is being used to estimate the final value.
As far as email support goes, I don't know what others are have to say but I always get a responce to my enquiries within a few hours, maximum 24h, they are extremely helful and knowledgeable.
Generally, exellence is the only word that overally describes moniker.com, judging from experience.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been with SolutionHome, Domain Systems, Monilker for several years. Eventually, all of my domains will be there.

practical22

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a wholesale domain buyer. Only after Moniker reduced their above market $15 retail domain pricing (I was paying $5.95 at 1and1.com) did someone in the firm other than their so-called CEO Monte Cahn offer me pricing that was competitive.

They did so by offering me the 'privilege' of domain tasting. Try before you buy domain buying. They advised me that I could try out the type-in traffic for 4 days after which time my prepaid money would be returned to my account if I did not buy.

I bought some domains but not all. The money was not returned as represented to my account but to their account (or my Moniker account) not my bank or credit card account despite misleading statements to the contrary.

Part of the problem with the tasting experience was the very poor generic landing pages so very few clicks. All the parked pages performed miserably because their click content was based on complete lack of analysis or keyword research had nothing do with my domain names. I had chosen them based on real research. They also set the default domain servers to their affiliated TrafficClub.com without advising.

Efforts to obtain my funds that ended up their account were futile as they kept referring to an unread clause in their agreement about prepaid sums being non-refundable.

I had never seen such a clause anywhere despite 5 years in domains including as Tucows and GoDaddy resellers. They refused despite that returning the money would cost them nothing.

I have been compelled to spend my money with Moniker and would not do so after this experience. My experience with Moniker is disappointing in the extreme including deceptive selling practices.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker has never suggested that we would allow for the domain refunds for domain testing, to be in any other form than to return the funds to the account holder's Moniker account for additional purchases. Less 25 cents Deletion fee. This is explained by our sales and support personnel as well as on the website.

The account holder has full control over DNS. Moniker does not automatically set default DNS, and the account holder can bulk change DNS, or DNS defaults at anytime. Also the Trafficclub account holder is free to set the landing pages to Generic or Optimized pages from Domain Sponsor, and optimized pages from Google, and Skenzo. Our sales anf support department is available to help anyone with this process.

Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions

John A. Mauriello
[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)

CallMoney

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recentlly I had an issue with Moniker which was fixed fast and with professionalism.
Ive been with Moniker for the last 24h and, for now i like the service, its fast, secure and with a GREAT support.
Its my first choice registrar.:first:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Price and domain deletion option are great. Customer service is fantastic. Have talked to John (posted above) personally and he helped me get set up. In the last 24 hours they have answered my phone call (a real person!) and responded to 3 e-mails. Must admit the response was not quick to help me get signed up. I had to P.M Monte personally and have seen this from other members? But once signed up, everything has been great. Strange, usually it's the other way around. Is nobody checking the "new customer" e-mail box?

One weakness is no free URL forwarding from what I can tell. I would certainly have expected this service from Moniker. That's why the 4 on Features instead of 5.

Duck

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Free URL Forwarding is included in DNF Pricing - you need to add it as an item to your shopping cart even though it will be at $0.00 pricing.
If anyone on DNF has an account that has not been changed to include Free URL forwarding, please just email [email protected] with DNF and you Moniker acct# in the subject line with your request.

We will update your account ASAP.

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)

clipped

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
18.99 for 1 year?

kinda high ehh?

Paul_Kuhn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moin Moin,

I am new to Moniker and just paypal'd money to my account for the first time. I sent 50 Bucks and only 47.75 arrived:frusty: .
I could not find anything related on their website - may be i need some new glasses.

Ahoi!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paul_Kuhn said:
I am new to Moniker and just paypal'd money to my account for the first time. I sent 50 Bucks and only 47.75 arrived:frusty: .
I could not find anything related on their website - may be i need some new glasses.
That's $50 minus PayPal fees. There are some registrars who do that. I recommend to use a credit card. That way you do not have to pre-fund your account.

Moniker is my very favorite registrar. Top service, easy-to-use & secure!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If i sign up with Moniker, how can i get the DNF pricing and how much is it ?

Can't find a link on the site.

Also, where on the site is a domain price list anyway ?

Thanks.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We will definitely take care of you. We will provide you the best in class service, security, and domain asset management, while helping you grow the value of your portfolio.

Pricing for DNF members:

$6.95 .com / $5.49 .net / $6.95 .org / $4.49 .info ( .net and .info rate apply new Registration only, transfer and renewals are $6.95)

I will set that pricing for your account #, once you email it to us.
We prefer that you pay by check by pre-funding your account. You can purchase by credit card in the meantime.

We would also extend these rates (.net and .info renewal and transfers will be $6.95) to you for the transfer /consolidation of your names to Moniker, and we would do all the work to make sure your names are quickly/safely transferred with no interruption to any domains or websites.

Just send us the list of your portfolio of names and I can assist you further in completing the transfers. We offer a no interest payment plan to consolidate your names. As this not only saves you a tremendous amount of time managing names scattered between registrars, but it saves Moniker a tremendous amount of time as well.

We also recently launched a .com/.net $ .org testing system you can use in conjunction with your TrafficClub account. If you cancel .com, .net or .org registrations within the 4 day grace period you will get refunded the registration fee less a 25 Cents delete fee. This will be available for limited time depending on how long the registry allows.

To register your TrafficClub account:
http://www.trafficclub.com/account/apply/

Please remember to send me your
TrafficClub username and Moniker Account #!

We look forward to working with you.

John A. Mauriello/Sr. Account Manager

[email protected]

O - 954-984-8445
Toll Free - 800-688-6311
F - 954-969-9155

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is far and away the best out of the more than dozen firms I had accounts with.

As far as the complaint on refunds on domains cancelled after the 4 day tasting goes, I can see why they do not do that what with the very small fee they retain vs the high costs in processing a cash refund. It's a non-issue and good anyway to have some cash in your acct to cover renewals, etc.

The level of their superb and personal customer service combined with their many features, ease of use, good pricing (if you ask), overall benefits (such as domain tasting), and high security has really no equal in the business.

MonikerChris

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with John Mauriello that customer service is of prime importance to us, and we will take care of you!

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is a TopShelf registrar!!

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was burned by their batch auto-renew feature. I NEVER auto-renew, let alone auto-renew dozens of domains at one time. I was shocked to find out Moniker was hitting a credit card I had on file a couple times a month. Not my default card, but batching domains I had no intention of renewing. If you register with them...be sure to double check your settings for your domains! I found their customer service less than responsive. One of their customer service reps hung up on me! I emailed, and called the account manager for my account...and he did not return my call. I hope they read this post.

I always enjoyed a good relationship with Moniker, and found their site to be very good. I even pointed out a bug in their system, which I am sure saved them lots of money....I digress. I was shocked at the treatment I received, because it seemed out of character. I only own a few hundred domains with Moniker...I guess you have to have thousands to have your issues redressed.

This is my experience only, and your mileage may vary.. I find Godaddy and Fabulous to have excellent customer service, and never rude or dismissive. I'll stick with these tried and true registrars. A few hundred bucks... Go figure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom