Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker has a lot of friggin balls...

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...have NEVER seen (or heard of, for that matter) a CEO that 1) works longer hours than any of his employees 2)DIRECTLY INTERACTS ON A DAILY BASIS with his clients, potential clients, and end users...

I can attest to that what with Monte sending me a personal email at midnight from his hotel room (about escrow he was handling for me, not even related to the conference) while being so busy at the T R A F F I C conference last week!

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A bit of "Mob Mentality" here it seems.

Definitely, there has been a screw up on Monikers part. Unfortunately, when the parking companies make themselves accessible to the masses here on DNForum, more often then not, it's just asking for trouble it seems.

The old adage of "Bad news spreads 3x as fast as Good news" seems to be applicable here.

I don't think they (the parking reps) have accounts and post here, to give people an outlet to bash them. What they do however, is give the customers a chance to get faster support, more detailed questions and sometimes, diplomatically bring up differences.

But that seems to rarely happen. And my guess is, if it continues, they will just go the way of Sedo and "stop responding". Go ahead, make a dozen threads about them in the Parking Forum. They won't care anymore, they aren't going to even read it, but they will keep taking your money unless you do something more then whine, and move out your domains.

I think it's good most issues are brought up on DNForum to educate others, but I dislike the Mob Mentality that goes on. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, Reps of Parking companies posting here, is a PRIVLEDGE to all of us.

Don't believe me? GoDaddy doesn't do much active support here and that doesn't seem to stop anyone from giving them money.

I don't want to ruin a good thing, That's all. If you are upset, and I mean, very upset, take it off the public board. If you have a problem you think should be brought to light, then go ahead and post it here, it probably needs to be seen.

There IS a difference between the two.

Jay

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can attest to that what with Monte sending me a personal email at midnight from his hotel room (about escrow he was handling for me, not even related to the conference) while being so busy at the T R A F F I C conference last week!

Did he ask if you were naked?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Monte apologized for the error and had it rectified. What more do you want,
his flesh and blood?

Mistakes happen. At least Monte took time to explain what caused the problem
and what's being done, something you don't see big bosses of big companies
do nowadays.

If you feel you're not getting enough, then move your business elsewhere. But
don't expect this sort of thing to not happen with your new registrar because
no one's infallible.

And no more personal attacks, please. We're civilized people, aren't we?

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got their sales agreements yet? I "think" I got mine but I'm not sure...

It came attached to an email with NO message in it from a name at Moniker I do not recognize. I scan it and open it, and it has the form for the BUYER to fill out and the agreement to purchase the domain(s).

At the end, is says that the seller needs to unlock the domain and send the EEP codes (what are EEP codes?) to Moniker.

I sent back a reply asking for clarification days ago... nothing yet.

Is it possible that someone has looked at the published sales list, used WHOIS to find the sellers, contacted them and trying to get them to unlock and send the transfer information only to STEAL the domains?

This all seems very fishy to me. At the very least, extremely unprofessional.

GoPC

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread was meant to keep a reign on Monte. He has the power to do a lot of damage. It's obvious he knew what he was doing when he put all the names registered Moniker into his marketplace. How else could he get and report 3 million + listing? In this case Monte didn't think through the repercussions before making this move. Besides, it's fun to pick on Monte.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never had any problems with Moniker. Sure since the merger it is hard to get a timely response when emailing support directly, but when I email my account rep. and sometimes Cc: Monte if it is very important, I receive a response within 10 minutes.

I'd skimmed through the posts here as to me things are blown out of proportion, but for those not at Moniker, they go above and beyond what others may claim as "support". Many of the larger companies like GD (another registrar I never had any problems with) you are only a # to them. Not to mention their 60 day rule is outright gay when you change something minor in your registration information. Moniker can get around this 60 day rule from what I am told.

Back to the topic, Moniker has been great. I have heard Enom is too, but I have chosen not to go with them b/c of Moniker's pricing and services.

There are many other bad eggs out there "fly"ing around that could care less about support. Although $0.75/yr .INFO names tend to get me to register several thousand names. :)

Overall, Moniker would get a few points below an A+ in my books. Keep up the great work.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I take back all my comments about moniker being bad after i saw the special dnf pricing their support and their had work now i think they are the best registrar ever and will register my domains from them now on and iam not being paid by them to post this lol they are really good I LOVE MONIKER.COM ! :yo:

syed

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wired, i feel your pain. i have the same experience with Moniker. first, they gave you the impression that if you transfer your dn for traffic auction to Moniker, you will have better chances of getting them listed. Tranferring your dn cost you money but Moniker made money. and then, parking them in TrafficClub for them to measure your traffic. this will cost you money again because TrafficClub pay out is very low compared with other parking.
but Moniker made money again from your parking.
at the end, none of your dn listed or sold in the auctions.
as it turned out, you don have to tranfer your dn to Moniker for the auction listing.
feeling cheated and dissapointed, you tranfer out all my dn from Moniker, and this cost you money again. Very bad experience with Moniker.

Just one mistake and Moniker is bad? What about the amazing service and personal attention that you could hardly expect from eNom or Godaddy. I am pretty sure it is still one of the safest registrars.. and with their new special pricing, the best registrar IMO.

msl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe a mod will step in and lock the thread now.... this negative / positive flaming, is what has caused the demise of many great investors, companies, forums etc etc.... yes a mistake has been made.... yes it was rectified.... yes someone may or may not have been aware.... but come on guys and girls.... life is short.... the 2000 crash was caused by stuff like this.... move on :)

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker has got to be the best registrar I've ever used when it comes to support. I gotta say that I respect them even more when they jump right into the fire here in this thread and deal with the issue at hand. Most would run and hide. I stand by moniker and continue to move my domains their daily. I've recently transferred 170 or so domains there and many more are on the way. I've sent support emails in on a few occasions and have always had a reply and even a phone call with lightning speed.

Regards,
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators