Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

My first "win" from Namewinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's ironic that I found out that NameWinner snagged a domain for me today by the SnapNames email informing me that they'd detected a change in the domain record. The registrar had changed from Alldomains to Dotster... uh-oh, I thought... grumble grumble... someone else got it. So I checked the whois at Dotster and was pleasantly surprised to see my own name as the registrant!

It's my first name obtained through a dropped names service, and I guess what one would call a second-tier generic, nothing people would really fight over. I had a snap on it and also a bid at NameWinner, and in this case NameWinner got the job done.

Probably nobody cares, but I was excited. :) I'm easy to please.

Domain Summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your name jalapeno!! Must be worth something if you went through Name Winnner to get it. Nevertheless, good luck to you with your new domain.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks kvinsencius! Who knows, maybe I could have regged it myself without using any service, but I thought it would be worthwhile and I had an unused snap I needed to reassign... and figured I may as well back it up with Namewinner too. There's a very cool site at the .com version, and also a working site at the .org. If nothing else it will make a cool email address. I'd share the domain name, but it was registered using my personal info instead of my business info so paranoia wins.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your first catch using a drop service jalapeno !

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats,

SAME THINK HAPPEND TO MY BROTHER-IN-LAW, HE HAD SNAPS ON 4 DOMAINS, SNAPNAMES (AS USUAL...) DID GET A SINGLE ONE, BUT HE HAD ALSO USED N.W FOR THREE OF THEM OF WHICH HE GOT.

LOOKS LIKE SNAPNAMES HAS LET DOWN A LOT OF PEOPLE !.
THANK GOD FOR PLAN B HUH! :)

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jalapeno
It's ironic that I found out that NameWinner snagged a domain for me today by the SnapNames email informing me that they'd detected a change in the domain record.

Congrats jalapeno,

Same thing has happened to us in the past with NameWinner & SnapNames.
Using both services is the best way for mainstream buyers to get a name in my opinion.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks fizz, Nic and Domain. :)

It must all be a matter of timing and luck in which service gets to the domain first, what part of their cycle is running when it happens to drop.

Now I feel almost like it's pre-Christmas again, and I get to hunt for and pick another name to reassign my snap.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What was your max bid for this name?
How much did you end up paying?

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only $25. No other bidders. So either it was overlooked or unwanted by everyone but me... I'd tend to think the latter. :) Though it did drop sooner that I'd expected, and I don't remember seeing it on "dropping soon" lists, not being a netsol domain. Is it possible to tell with other registrars when domains will drop? The only way I know of is netsol's "not found locally" message and last updated date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom