Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

My toenail hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ever since I went out the other day for a few hours it has been hurting. Putting the littlest bit of pressure on it and it hurts. It's like a very soft / aching tooth, guessing in time it'll go away but what can I do to make it feel better? warmth?

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The part that hurts does slightly. I think I'm going to clip that part, it's my big toe but the nails were just cut almost the day before the "incident"

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes 9MM this is serious... I think you need to amputate your toe man... :evil:

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If I walk, it doesn't really bother me, but if I push the toe on the ground it'll hurt a little, if I apply minimal pressure with my finger it'll hurt, it's just the top of the toenail it seems and it's both big toes grr

mikedee

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the healthcare system in Canada so bad that you have to get medical advice from a domainers forum?

Maybe you should move before your leg falls off ;)

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I moved provinces, don't got a health card or doctor yet...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats just reminded me of a guy i used to work with. he was on my watch.
(fire station)

we called him 'toenails' .

because he was so far up the guvnor's arse, that's all you could see :smilewinkgrin:

---------------------------------------------------

onto your 'nails........... did you trim them too well?

down the side of your nails you will notice a little stringy bit, its called the 'quick'

basically it should not be tampered with.
i did it once by trimming all my toenails to efficiently and went slightly down sides at top.
was in frigging agony for weeks until correected and regrew back. lucky got no bad infection. take good care of it and keep clean. will grow back hopefully if its that.

think we got a new name for you biotch.......'toenails' :smilewinkgrin:

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
lol...that wasn't the problem because it's on both nails and just started hurting after I went out the other day. It's on the top left side of my left big toe and top right side of my right foot big toe

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once again, GOUT, from gout.com:

The pain of gout (called attacks or flares) is caused by inflammation when needle-like crystals are deposited in connective tissue and/or in the fluid that cushions a joint (the synovial fluid). These crystals are made up of uric acid, a substance produced when the body breaks down purines found in human tissue and many foods we eat. Most uric acid is carried through the bloodstream to the kidneys, which eliminate it from the body in the urine. However, if the body produces too much uric acid or if the kidneys don't eliminate enough of it, uric acid can build up in the blood. This condition is called hyperuricemia and can lead to gout attacks in some cases. However, in most cases, hyperuricemia does not lead to gout.

An attack usually starts with sudden, severe pain, tenderness, redness, warmth, and swelling in the large joint of the big toe. Other joints may include the instep, ankles, heels, knees, wrists, fingers, and elbows. Rarely, the shoulders, hips, or spine may be affected. After about 3-10 days, the attack usually subsides, and the next one may not happen for months or even years. But over time, the gout attacks can become more severe, last longer, affect more than one joint, and occur more often.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
isn't gout usually middle aged onwards and partic in men who have abused themselves through booze/food etc?

thought i read 9mm a.k.a 'toenails' was 16 years old

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom