Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal mydomain.com ( DOTSTER.COM) - BEAWARE -they may charge you for nonexisting "renewals"

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenlake

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would prefer to believe that this is a result of their most terrible domain management interface, rather than deliberate fraud.....but the bottom line is THEIR SYSTEM MIGHT CHARGE YOU FOR DOMAINS THAT ARE NOT REGISTERED WITH THEM. I discovered that after paying hundreds of $ to renew domains which had been already transferred to another registrar. Domains transferred out of mydomain/dotster would still show in the account as their system would not automatically remove them. They could say customer should know and keep track of which domains had already been transferred out. But if you have very large number of domains, you don't always keep track, assuming those transferred would not show as active ( and nearing expiration)
Well, I found the hard way - do not assume! They would bill you, let you pay and take your money for renewing domains that are actually not in their system anymore !
Their so called "customer service" admitted they have problems with their system, but am still waiting for them to refund.
Dotster/mydomain is probably the worst registrar, and that"s why I try get my domains out of there. If anyone still have domains with them - beware !

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a major issue with them as well trying to charge my account on my luckily expired credit card for product renewals on domains (privacy) that were no longer in my account and then they suspended my domains because they said my account was past due and I had to call up and go through 9 rounds with them to get it all resolved. Definitely moving my names asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom