Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld MyId Auctions - Anyone here sold a name there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haven't had a transfer request yet, but I expect the 12% auction fee, plus a bank wire charge (about $25).

Thanks, so is it 12% on all auctions? I could not seem to find the number mentioned on their site...

Domain Summit 2024

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having contact issues with these guys? I've started going down the lengthy process of getting verified as a seller for their auction system, took pictures of the cc (front/back) plus photo ID and sent them 3 days ago, to the three separate email addresses and nada.

Sent a follow up email to their [email protected] addy and again, nada.

Last edited:

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 names.. sent money and received the registrant transfers a day later. Everything has been professional and cool so far.

Since I know Gus is watching these forums, here is some feedback:

- Lets get out of the dark ages, listing a domain for auction should be simply adding to the site and accepting terms right at the site. It sucks having to download the form, print it, sign it, scan it, and send it back to you.. just a hassle and makes you not want to list a domain for sale.
- This goes the same for method of payment. Perhaps other payment methods could be allowed such as credit card, etc

Anyone can add to this list..

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
got my funds for my domain sale today from MyID. They did it interac because it's less than $1000, so that saved me a bank wire fee.

as for delays in contacting them, I bet they're closing sales from last auction, as well as dealing with the new auction. plus probably many people trying to apply now that the auctions have had good results, hopefully they'll get back to you soon.

since it's a one-time application process, I don't see it being a big deal. a bit of a hassle maybe, but you just do it once and forget about it. on the internet we always expect quickness but its not always possible.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't overly mind the process since they go to lengths to ensure the security and integrity of the domains being sold.

I guess we shall wait and see.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know with a site like Sedo you can just list domains easily, but you also hear about a lot of non-paying bidders and sellers backing out. I think the steps MyID is taking will reduce these kind of actions.

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a domain in the last auction. Within a couple of days it was transferred to me, and I had prompt and helpful communication from MyID. About 100x better than dealing with Sedo.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I the only lazy *** who read all that was needed and didn't bother yet?

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did my photos with a digital camera. I was approved the same day. I emailed some questions, they responded quickly, so far I'm impressed.

I might suggest that they let anyone bid up to $1000 on auctions with just a standard registration. If you want to bid higher you must become a premium MyID.ca bidder and do the scan/photo of credit card/id.

Or not.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe something is going wrong on their end then. I have emailed them from multiple addresses through multiple services and nothing.

Do they respond to questions on the forum? I don't know what else to do, other then try and call them, but if I have to go to that much work...

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know with a site like Sedo you can just list domains easily, but you also hear about a lot of non-paying bidders and sellers backing out. I think the steps MyID is taking will reduce these kind of actions.

yeah, it's annoying and time consuming, but you only need to do it once to confirm yourself.
Don't be lazy, just do it and you can be safe the number of non paying bidders will be at minimum.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just heard back from them. It may have been a goof up on my part (although I can't find it for the life of me). Regardless, i'm sure they are busy so I appreciate them taking the time to get back to me.

And to add, while the process to start up is a bit tedious, they are offering something truly unique in the form of security and integrity of the domain sales. If I had a quarter everytime I heard "non-paying winner at Sedo"...

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any xxx.xxx success stories at MyId?

I don't know about you guys, but I'd be VERY reluctant to sell a domain worth xxx.xxx and allow a newbie domain broker to handle the Escrow, They have your domain and they have your money, and all you have is "HOPE" they will come through.

Sorry, but NO way in Hell will I transfer my domains to anyone without a VERY LONG track record.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any xxx.xxx success stories at MyId?

I don't know about you guys, but I'd be VERY reluctant to sell a domain worth xxx.xxx and allow a newbie domain broker to handle the Escrow, They have your domain and they have your money, and all you have is "HOPE" they will come through.

Sorry, but NO way in Hell will I transfer my domains to anyone without a VERY LONG track record.

there have been only 1 reported xxx,xxx sale in .ca ;)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good to hear it's working out - dnforum often serves as a good support site for many domain related companies, you mention something on here and it gets solved quickly.

Really???????

More than one person here has mentioned these people stealing from them. I have yet to see one word from them to explain or offer to compensate.

What part of this are you all missing:?::?::?::?::?::?:

I would agree that in general these boards are a good read for participating companies to keep track of their problems; known or unknown!

Last edited:

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been very impressed with the very nice quality of generic domains on the auctions. I have also observed personally that myid is working very hard to be very
professional. I like all the docs that have to be signed. It makes me feel that I am dealing with a company that pays attention to detail. We don't need some nutjob
bidding on our domains. Even a 500 dollar one. As you all know, there are quite a few "angry" people out there emailing us and telling us that we have no right to own "x" domain.

Anyway, for all those interested, here is the list for this week.

http://auction.myid.ca/?ac=ap

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really???????

More than one person here has mentioned these people stealing from them. I have yet to see one word from them to explain or offer to compensate.

What part of this are you all missing:?::?::?::?::?::?:

I would agree that in general these boards are a good read for participating companies to keep track of their problems; known or unknown!

I've used MyID off and on since 2004 and never had a problem. I didn't necessarily like their "credit" system, but I used it and made lots of money from them. I rarely sell a domain, but one of the early TBR's they caught for me fetched $20K in a sale I couldn't really turn down back in 2005.

My point is, I think any past problems are pretty isolated and I know there are always two sides to every story... So I don't have a problem with you mentioning your issues with them, but I'm only stepping up to say something because I've never had a problem in 4 years and I think its bad policy for you to talk on behalf of other people (its sounding kinda slanderous if anything). So if other people have had problems, let them speak up. You've made your point, you don't like MyID. Let it go, life is too short for all the negative energy.

Regarding the general commentary on whether to allow myid to broker your highly valuable domains, I'd be concerned enough to take some care with it, but I have not really taken the time to read the documentation on how that works with their auctions (I haven't considered selling anything). I would assume that MyID has a lawyer who is dealing with this for them. If I were selling something in the upper 5-figure or greater range, I'd probably ensure I was getting a lawyer's signature on an escrow agreement before I transferred anything, but I'm sure myid would consider accommodating any special cases for highly valuable domains. But for the run of the mill stuff that's going through the auction, that's obviously overkill and I would personally feel fine trusting myid to take care of it.

I have to admit - the inventory and outcomes of the myid auctions so far have exceeded my expectations. They are much better than the offerings by sibername and snapnames that fizzled previously.

Rob

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've used MyID off and on since 2004 and never had a problem.

My history started with them back in early 2000's when they first launched here in the forums. And had no problems either till this happened.
My point is, I think any past problems are pretty isolated and I know there are always two sides to every story...

Yep and their side of it is remarkably ABSENT. But theft is not a casual problem. It isn't like a database problem or a billing problem or a simple mistake. It's criminal.

and I think its bad policy for you to talk on behalf of other people (its sounding kinda slanderous if anything). So if other people have had problems, let them speak up. You've made your point, you don't like MyID. Let it go, life is too short for all the negative energy.
Rob

Something is only slanderous if it's not true. And I can back up everything I say. I'm not that stupid to put myself in a position of being sued for slander.

I agree it's negative energy. But sometimes you have to stand up for something.

I mean honestly if someone is calling you a thief publicly and you take NO STEPS TO RESOLVE IT.????

What hope do any of you have they'll resolve something for you if things go sideways:?::?::?::?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom