Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

MySpace Typos Being Sold Like Hotcakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
The concerns raised by myself and others in this thread are merely pointing out to the newbies that there are real risks (as well as ethics questions) to investing in TM typos. Of course the sellers hyping these names for sale will tell you that it's impossible for the companies to find you, and there is either no risk, very little risk, or that it's buyer beware anyway and everyone knows all the risks. That is baloney and self serving. Those sellers will then get insulting and attack anyone raising legitimate questions. They deserve warning points for that.

1) who was selling them here?
2) does this have anything to do with the discussion?
3) whats with this constant "watching out for the newbies" angle?
In all honesty that seems like more propaganda....what newbies are buying these or even posting in here, or in this Platinum forum for that matter? That just sounds good but does'nt make any sense or really apply to the issue...almost like something a crafty politician would say to change the subject and make himself look favorable in a debate.

Domain Summit 2024

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
As I said, I completely agree.

These domains are extremely valuable for all the reasons Mocus stated...but that doesn't change the fact that sales of these domains went from barely any to dozens per week.

Nice to hear from an owner however (interlution)

Here is some info from another former owner...about 5 or 6 of these names belonged to me. I listed them at different times last week to raise money for the car i bought for my wife last week. I have noticed since then that a few others popped up on the boards.

I never received a C&D letter....although I have heard of someone getting one from myspace. I only sold mine becuase although they got decent traffic....the ctr was low, and they never converted well for me. I decided to sell and put the money in other things. ;)

//everydayprofit

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"The Pain"..ok you are right they are all worthless and you should'nt buy them....just give them all to me for free...don't sell them either anyone..get rid of them fast while you still can! Hurry!..PM me for my transfer info..
I will take all of them and all the "big bad risks" that come along with them like maybe getting a C&D email one day if the planets all align at midnight! (ooooohh no..so scared) LMAO That my friend is the meaning of Propaganda...setting everyone on high alert for no reason...I guess they are C&D'ing all domains on the whole internet...cause alot of those are for sale this week to!

everydayprofit said:
Here is some info from another former owner...about 5 or 6 of these names belonged to me. I listed them at different times last week to raise money for the car i bought for my wife last week. I have noticed since then that a few others popped up on the boards.

I never received a C&D letter....

thank you, as I said before alot of the myspace related & typo sales prompted more to be listed for sale...trends happen like this..I sold one last week that people were fighting over for $5,500, before that several have been sold for high $ amounts and many have went for ALOT of money in drop auctions...it's a snowball effect...like I said..there no legal prompt to any of these sales as far as I can tell.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
Steen, I think it was in response to GT saying I would be getting a C&D letter tommorrow and making it seem as if he was behind it...which is really immature imo...

Lets review:

referring to me:
Mocus said:
Well we all know whos a rat then

referring to The Pain:
Mocus said:
it was the knucklehead above ya

and of course, the post the mod deleted on the first page of the thread where you made a homosexual joke about The Pain.

Pretty obvious to me whose comments scorpio was talking about.

And its pretty funny how you only quoted that one sentance from everydayprofit's post and failed to quote this:
I only sold mine becuase although they got decent traffic....the ctr was low, and they never converted well for me. I decided to sell and put the money in other things.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your comment about "enjoy my C&D letter" directed towards me made you sound like a "rat" and i think anyone else can agree that's not cool..that's surely ok for me to point out right? Or do "rules" only protect one side here? ...and what are you talking about below dude, are you drunk?

GT Web said:
and of course, the post the mod deleted on the first page of the thread where you made a homosexual joke about The Pain

He did'nt even join in the discussion till the end of the second page...show's how accurate your info is! I have no clue what you are talking about..more propaganda...again...(On subject) Myspace typos are not getting taken.

GT Web said:
And its pretty funny how you only quoted that one sentance from everydayprofit's post and failed to quote this:

everydayprofit said:
I only sold mine becuase although they got decent traffic....the ctr was low, and they never converted well for me. I decided to sell and put the money in other things.

YES, a "low" CTR is like 3% (what I usually get minimum on myspace typos..) but on a typo domain that has say 1,000 uniques per day that adds up to like 30 clicks a day...and if it's on adsense and you are getting even just .20/click thats still $6/day..
or 365 days x avg $6/day = approx $2,200/yr...so a price of say $3500- $4500+ would be quite average and reasonable on the above said domain in todays market...maybe alot more, maybe less..and a real generic domain WOULD of course have a better CTR but most likely ALOT LESS traffic...so in the end alot of times it's a wash...unless you factor in the price of a TM free "generic" costing 10 -20 times that much for similiar traffic levels..simple math my friend..but do what you want to do...or don't do, and just sit around worrying about all the "what if's" and let everyone else reap in the cash my friend...

Keep in mind some dating ads, music download service ads, and ringtone's ads pay alot more than .20/click! I have gotten clicks over $1 each...I'm done..I hope all goes well for everyone on DNF.

btw - my adsense revenue is at $89.19 so far today, and my yahoo publisher is at $33.79...another day of free money, a domainers life is good!

Most of it all possible thanks to this awesome forum, DNF! :eek:k:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
You said you have 15 of them and they make you a lot of money.You sure are passionate about defending their value for someone who doesn't care what "anyone thinks". May there be planned sales down the road soon?

*If* you actually read my old posts, I said I have previously owned about 15 of them...I stupidly sold most of them waaaaaaay too cheap when I first got them after seeing what they could make from all the traffic...I wish I still had them all :-(

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whatever, this thread has gotten way off topic. I guess I got the answer to my origional question.

Mocus can keep fibbing and running his mouth all he wants.

I'm out, have fun all!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
According to you, bad faith is just part of most everyone's daily cup of tea.

Let's start another thread on this one dude, please....you might be suprised what percentage of people have potentially TM infringing domains..I have bought several from moderators here and alot of the long time members on this site are bidding on them EVERYDAY at snapnames and pool drop auctions, but let's not talk about that right?..lol

You yourself probably have typos...you terrible sinner you! :laugh:
Like I said before...myspace domains are not getting taken away...and that's not whats prompted any sales here recently as far as I know and from all the sellers I have talked with about this issue...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Broken Record...myspace domains are not getting taken away

..what do you mean "blatant bad faith TM typos" you mean 95% of all typos? And last time I checked nobody I know was pointing their "myspace" typo or related names to another similiar competing site...which would actually illustrate bad faith..or to a parking page where that intended site had paid links to encourage the typo visitor to click through..like most people do with ALL typos where this is possible to get a "higher" CTR...Mr. bad faith expert...

Since myspace is a free site and does not have paid advertising for itself it is impossible to do so with these and they are used for non competing ads 99% of the time...but it surely would probably work great if they did advertise in google or yahoo ppc ads...can you say 50%+ CTR?! Hopefully the new music Cd's they are launching and selling on myspace will be advertised with PPC ads then the myspace typo owners really can start making some big cash! lol :)

In a month you won't even be able to buy good myspace typos cause they are all gonna be well accounted for by new owners not willing to give them up cheaply who realize the benefits of having such high traffic domains..basically myspace typos are part of one of the largest and most active sites on the Internet..anyone do an overture on myspace.com lately?

I hope more current or recent sellers will post here and verify the fact that there is no legal action prompting the sales of several related names...

pkguy

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice Read - Getting more Coke and popcorn....

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah...have to break up the repetition somehow...

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is illogical. For 4k, you can register like 500 Japanese idns (albeit 2 mths back), a combination of generics, city names and trademarks.

I rather bet my 4k on this than risk losing it on one domain the very moment a myspace cybersquatter losing his domain news goes public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom