Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NamePopper missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK Guys - maybe my imagination is running away from me then. But one last question, why is dnjournal.com registered to R Jackson, Why did he start this thread, and why are many of NP's old domains now registered to him?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by UKPro
OK Guys - maybe my imagination is running away from me then. But one last question, why is dnjournal.com registered to R Jackson, Why did he start this thread, and why are many of NP's old domains now registered to him?
you keep mixing up ron james and ron jackson.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by UKPro

UKPro, Ron Jackson is not Ron James.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whooooooooops - Ok, I'm in London, It's Midnight.
Next Theory ...........

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Jackson didn't start this thread and I don't think any of namepopper's old domains are registered with him.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oops, I had some names messed up.

Duke = Ronald Jackson
RJ = Ron James

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My theory.

GiantDomains = Nexus = DNMole = GregR = Toho = NamePopper.

What do you think?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spider
My theory.

GiantDomains = Nexus = DNMole = GregR = Toho = NamePopper.

What do you think?

I am the easterbunny!

Ssshhh, don't tell anyone. :-#

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt that even 1 little bit Steen.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UKPro,

You are quite correct. If he was indeed depressed, then seeing these 16 pages worth of genuine worry and heartfelt concern for his well being by members of a community that he so obviously admired and cherished would almost certainly raise his spirits!

Wm.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname On the other hand not everything on the Internet is as it seems and not everyone is who they say they are - it wouldn't surprise me at all if "Nick Masters" never existed and was purely a figment of someone's imagination. I think the excitement and concern is probably misplaced and it has all been either a great joke which came to an end, or the realisation that it was a storyline that could not be continued forever. Remember, the greatest "conmen" are the most plausible, so it should come as no surprise that "he" is seen to be "real".

I am 99% sure Mr. Nick Master was a false name (aka web master - inter-nic). The familly members in the article were also 99% likely made-up names, I think we agree on all that. Plus the facts in the article may have been made-up too.

If my earlier posts about this were incorrect the only other 3 answers to the puzzle are:

(A) It's possible Namepooper was a made-up 2nd indentity of someone at this forum, who's character disappeared after the work was accomplished. Think about that, why would anyone do that?

(B) Without warning NP was arrested by the Police for a serious crime and could not post bail, perhaps an old arrest warrant, and is in jail.

(C) He suddenly passed away.

I still think my earlier posts are by far the most likley scenario but if incorrect then these possibilities are really all that remain.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie
OK, in the interest of figuring out what happened to our friend here is some information, which I hope someone residing in Texas can make use of. Most of this has been discussed with Duke and Bob in private, and I know we have put a lot of effort into these leads already.

I know Nick's email ([email protected]) forwarded to [email protected]. It's well known that he was using a dialup account with Earthlink in Dallas, TX. I also recall an email like [email protected] and also [email protected].

Nick's earlier whois listed an address on Owens Boulevard, Richardson, TX.

The phone number listed on that whois is answered by "Darrell Muncy", a school principal in... Richardson, TX (http://www.richardson.k12.tx.us/Schools/principals.htm). I believe RJ or Duke spoke to him, and he claims no knowledge.

Muncy, Munvell??

Also, has anyone else realized that Sheila (lawpsych) has disappeared. I was in the middle of an email/PM conversation with her a couple of weeks ago, and...
:-(

The Muncy Munvell connection is almost too weird and odd to be a coincidence! d:) Another phone call would be a good idea.

Also, regarding odd disappearances, MudFence aka NameCaster aka Dave Heittman disappeared approx' the same time as Namepopper. I have spent lots of effort trying to track him down as I wanted to hire him and pay him as the programmer of a site I purch from him.

If you recall he was very active at DNF before being banned and then became a Mod at N a m e p r o s and extremely active there similar to NP but totally vanished. RJ and CoolHost do not know what happened to him.

NameCaster simply disappeared like he never even existed, plus his websites closed, emails bounced, and domains expired, just like NP's.

Could NAMECaster also be NAMEpopper d:) Even the 2 names are similar No, too weird to be so?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
POSTED by NP on 9/18/02
http://www.dnforum.com/t5949

Originally posted by NamePopper.com
DNWH.com

So far I have...

Domain Name Web Hosting

Domain Names & Web Hosting

Domain Name World Headquarters

Any more ideas? Do you like one of these?

WHOIS for DNWH.com

Domain name- dnwh.com

Name servers-
NS1.RESOLVES.COM
NS2.RESOLVES.COM

Creation date- Aug 19 2002 11:09:58
Expiration date- Aug 19 2004 11:09:58

Registrant Contact-

Cynthia Ownbey ([email protected])
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

Administrative Contact-

XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXX

Billing Contact-

XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXX

Technical Contact-

XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXX

Ah, old habits never die. Just thought I would come back for this one post. BTW: I think old Namepopper is among the living. Trust me. It's not a girl either as I once suggested,even though a female regg'd the amove 4 letter .com. It's someone well known on this board (I believe).

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

NameCaster simply disappeared like he never even existed, plus his websites closed, emails bounced, and domains expired, just like NP's.

Could NAMECaster also be NAMEpopper d:) Even the 2 names are similar No, too weird to be so?

Interesting . . .

Maybe I can coordinate an IP cross-check with -RJ-.

Hey -RJ-, you out there? :-D

-Bob

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cynthia Ownbey also owns gif.org's brother jpeg.biz

edit:Cynthia Ownbey is dnf member "lux"

centerpoint

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

Also, regarding odd disappearances, MudFence aka NameCaster aka Dave Heittman disappeared approx' the same time as Namepopper. I have spent lots of effort trying to track him down as I wanted to hire him and pay him as the programmer of a site I purch from him.

If you recall he was very active at DNF before being banned and then became a Mod at N a m e p r o s and extremely active there similar to NP but totally vanished. RJ and CoolHost do not know what happened to him.

I really don't think Namecaster is NamePopper,however here is a theory I have not seen in this thread

RJ = Namepopper

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that was said somewhere in the middle.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, NameCaster has also left the building. I haven't been in touch with Dave in little more than two months.

Originally posted by Bob

Interesting . . .

Maybe I can coordinate an IP cross-check with -RJ-.

Hey -RJ-, you out there? :-D

-Bob

I've traced all the IP's at Name-Pros that I can. Caster's goes to Cable internet in Bellvue, WA, while Popper was always on dialup Earthlink around Dallas.

I have worked closely enough with both of them to pretty much rule out a connection between them. Their temperment and mod styles are very different.

Keyworddomains.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois Results from DOMAIN THE NET TECHNOLOGIES (2):
[Querying whois.domainthenet.com]
[whois.domainthenet.com]
domain: namepopper.com
descr: Leonid Kogan
P O Box 618
South Orange
07079, US
admin-c: IL260020
tech-c: IL260021
zone-c: IL260022
nserver: ns.newwebsite.com
nserver: ns2.newwebsite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators