Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need help regarding parking domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I need help regarding one of my domain which is parked at parked.com .

The problem is that when I type in the browser thedomain.com it goes to Godaddy's homepage. The domain is registered at Godaddy. And if I type www.domainname.com then only it goes to parking page.

What could be the problem ? It is not necessary that every visitor will type the domain with "www". Without "www" it says "the web page is parked free, courtesy of Godaddy". I checked the DNS are transfered to parked DNS and I have not changed anything in my domain account.

Please help me to resolve my problem.

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you had just made the changes, then it may take up to 48 hrs. for update

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just had something even more weird happen.

I changed dns for a domain name to our hosting servers to develop it. Then, after deciding to develop other names, we switched it back to Parked nameservers.

Now, without the "www", the domain shows up searchportal.information.com parked page, which is the Domain Sponsor search results. With "www" goes to standard Parked.com page.

I never seen this before. Stumbled upon it by accident.

My question is: will we be getting revenue from clicks at the domain without the "www", where the parked page is from DS (apparently).

How on earth is the domain parked at DS (without the www)??

I checked other domains parked with Parked.com and don't seem to have this issue.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We don't send anything to Domain Sponsor, so maybe it's just your DNS cache.

If you go to a domain and if loads in your browser, your pc or isp will cache it usually for up to 48 hours.

Donny

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What makes this strange is that we never parked the domain with DS.

Likely story is that previous owners did. Most times changes are very quick and domains appear almost right away in a Parked page. I like this speed in service. This is the first time I saw something like this. Somewhere along the net this has to be cached.

Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers,
Tom

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I didnt make any changes in DNS. I was just changing my keyword in parked.com and after changing the keyword when I type the domain in browser I saw the Godaddy page. So I went to my Godaddy account and again changed the DNS to parked.com's DNS.

Anyways the problem is resolved now. May be there was some problem from Godaddy. Now I got same parked page for with and without "www".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom