Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Content Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
But what about revenue results?

Domain Summit 2024

gravity

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great question...

We’ve tested tens of thousands of names from our own portfolio here at NameMedia, and saw no loss in indexing due to duplicate content. This is mostly due to the fact that the content is completely dynamic, and refreshed at the time of the visit to the page. Beyond this, the feed randomizes the articles that are displayed so that we minimize the odds that a bot will see the same thing twice on two similar domains.

With all this said, we never recommend ignoring your sites if you truly want them to be successful. Even small changes can have big impacts, such as a logo, custom content that you enter, or even custom RSS feeds to ensure uniqueness.

In this way, you minimize the risk of duplication and show the engines that your sites are “alive,” relevant, and fresh.

I hope this helps…

Anyone considering SmartName – feel free to send me your list of domains to tolson (at) smartname.com

Thanks again for all the feedback and feel free to email me directly with any further questions.

Thanks Ted... Im still in the process of pointing 100s of domains over as all over different registrars. :( Here is a good example of one my 'ecommerce' domains on the smartname platform. Took 5 mins to put together... hopefully it with get indexed and traffic/revenue to beat the previous parking!

Feedback appreciated!

Cheers,

G.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What is the point of the 'stores' if there is no insertion of an affiliate id? Or am I misreading the functionality of the store template?
For every new PPC program that looks interesting, I am reluctant to sacrifice days and weeks of established revenue at my current PPC provider.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the point of the 'stores' if there is no insertion of an affiliate id? .

As discussed before and answered by Ted we don't get any revenue from a product sale beyond the normal small ppc click value.

For example, here is an order-form link from Gravity site http://www.hammacher.com/Product/11546??cm_ven=NewGate&cm_cat=Shopping_com&cm_pla=Datafeed (please don't click it) selling a $12,000 product. It bothers me big time that I would get .14 cents or so for a 12k sale. Since it's a direct sale from your traffic it is much more troublung at least to me, vs a typical parking firm with a non-direct sale from a click which just goes to the advertisers site where they may or may not buy something. It seems to me you should get several 100s or even 1000s of dollars for that sale. Maybe I am unusual and it's just the way I look at it?

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What I'm trying to understand is this...is the store using Smartname's affiliate id, or no id at all? Either way, what is the point of creating something that looks like a store but does not use the domain owner's affiliate id? Where is the conversion, the click?

gravity

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trader: I agree but what is the solution? I dont have time to setup direct advertising for 1500+ domains in different niches. If I did I wouldnt need domain monetization companies. Remember, I am only testing the smartname platform and already (after 4 days) feel that the solution is very good but there are a lot of questions that keep floating around our heads like, "Will the duplicate content affect my domains or even get any banned!?", "will any of the variations of their service bring in more revenue than parking?", "why is there no lead generation based revenue stream in place if Im listing 3rd party products on my domain?", etc...

I am open to any alternative suggestions to monetize my portfolio (besides custom development which I currently do on my very best domains).

Cheers,

iD

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am not talking about the mechanism itself, but rather, about whether the Smartname solution allows for it. In other words, would items sold via any Smartname storefront be claimed as sales and a percentage credited to the owner of the domain? If not, then the store is just a gimmick with no monetization benefit.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not talking about the mechanism itself, but rather, about whether the Smartname solution allows for it. In other words, would items sold via any Smartname storefront be claimed as sales and a percentage credited to the owner of the domain? If not, then the store is just a gimmick with no monetization benefit.

Ted said the domainer gets nothing at all for the sale itself with the product sales credited to Smartname or BD since they are affiliated with shopping.com the product provider. Ted also says they get no income form sales too which has me baffled since the question is why get sales for shopping.com free? Real strange setup. Must be more to it :?:

gravity

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ted said the domainer gets nothing at all for the sale itself with the product sales credited to Smartname or BD since they are affiliated with shopping.com the product provider. Ted also says they get no income form sales too which has me baffled since the question is why get sales for shopping.com free? Real strange setup. Must be more to it :?:

If this is the case then what is the benefits of their 'ecomm' platform over the 'parking' platform? :upset:

iD

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this conversation died abruptly... any updates? I see some of the people who tried these templates have since moved them off.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here are some stats. Most of my names are dotca;s I have parked some with Whypark and some with Smartname.
I was making about $10 a month on Whypark. I took half of those names and moved them to smartname.

Here are my Smartname states for first few weeks in March (This is the 3rd month with SN)

DOMAIN NAME
blank.gif
UNIQUE VISITORS
blank.gif
PAGEVIEWS
blank.gif
CLICKS
blank.gif
CTR
blank.gif
RPC
blank.gif
RMV
blank.gif
REVENUE

1352 2355 64 5% .01 .35 .47

Whypark Stats for same period.

738 1561 212 5.5% .13 $5.51

I' think I will have to move the smartnames back to Whypark.

Comments?

DNportfolio

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I, too, have tried a few domains at SmartName and have had pretty much the same results as I had with EVO Landing / DevHub. Most likely because they are the exact same platform that keeps getting renamed with a new splash of buzz, but with no improvements to the platform. The lack of results with SmartName is not surprising in the least. My money is on WhyPark.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I, too, have tried a few domains at SmartName and have had pretty much the same results as I had with EVO Landing / DevHub. Most likely because they are the exact same platform that keeps getting renamed with a new splash of buzz, but with no improvements to the platform. The lack of results with SmartName is not surprising in the least. My money is on WhyPark.

I have been looking into what Epik offers and been messaging Rob Monster. Just noticed this on the bottom of Epik sites: "Powered by DevHub"

Anyone know what the connection is between Epik.com and DevHub platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom