Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Newbie - enom vs Godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiddensecret

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am a newbie who needs some advice. I have been reading some of the posts and it seems people tend to like enom. I recently bought three names and have them at GoDaddy. I know I have to wait 60 days to do a transfer, but does anyone know if you can do a "push" at GoDaddy? Also, I have the names parked at Afternic. It is best to wait the 60 days before I try to sell or put them up for auction? What is the best auction site in your opinion? Any help is much appreciated.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hiddensecret said:
Hello all. I am a newbie who needs some advice. I have been reading some of the posts and it seems people tend to like enom. I recently bought three names and have them at GoDaddy. I know I have to wait 60 days to do a transfer, but does anyone know if you can do a "push" at GoDaddy? Also, I have the names parked at Afternic. It is best to wait the 60 days before I try to sell or put them up for auction? What is the best auction site in your opinion? Any help is much appreciated.

The registrar is all about personal preference. Personally, I don't care for either of the two you listed. You can do a push within Godaddy during the 60 day period. If you are using a selling service that requires you to push the names to them and they push them to the customer you may have a problem. If you are selling and their account you push to is within the same registrar there shouldn't be a problem. It is best to read the terms and conditions on the site you are selling your names at. If you are selling them yourself then you can sell them whenever and simply push the names to the other parties account.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom is great, in my opinion. Be sure to get a reseller account and you can have prices as low as $6.95. GoDaddy is okay too - but very rigid about disallowing transfers out within 60 days of ANY change to the registration information. Thay also push other services on you ane make it hard to check out. There is none of that at enom. Just list your domains at both Sedo and Afternic and you have all bases covered.

hiddensecret said:

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have accounts with both, and still not sure of the best. I feel they are both ok, but godaddy trys selling other stuff to much. Enom on the other hand, wants $100 in your account before buying and charges pay pal fee's.

And that low $6.95 at enom is not going to happen, unless you put up some big money. Or sell 1000 domains with that account, $7.95 accounts take 500 domain sales. My advice is to read reviews on this sites, and get a feel for both of them.

Then pick the one that you feel works best for you, I done that and still not sure. May be the best thing, is to use both like I am doing to see.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use both also but I favor Enom. Enom names typically resolve 90% faster than Godaddy. If you change the DNS of domain with enom it will take minute or an hour with Godaddy it takes 24-48 hours easy. Very slow in my opinion. Any name that needs continual changed I transfer to Enom. Cheers

Acro

(_Y_)Man

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is the best of both worlds imo, might want to check them out

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$18.95 for a .COM is pretty high, do they have a resellers plan ?

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy has an excessive checkout page, likes to send 1000 emails when you reg 1 name, takes hours when you change DNS or forwarding, and has that 60-day no transfer rule. I use GD but dont prefer them.

enom is great but you need a reseller account...unless you don't mind $29.99 reg/renewal fees.

I highly recommend namecheap. namecheap is an enom reseller...they're fast with DNS/forwarding changes, transfer/pushes are simple, and the interface is clean and beautiful :)

moniker gets two thumbs up too...and yes reseller accounts available..http://www.moniker.com/wholesale/index.jsp or you can email for a quote....

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the link!

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pricing for DNF members:

$6.95 .com / $5.49 .net / $6.95 .org / $4.49 .info ( .net and .info rate apply new Registrations only, transfer and renewals are $6.95)

Email [email protected] with your account # and the pricing will be set up ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators