Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Notice to All .mobi lovers and .mobi haters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you guys cannot discuss this extension in a civilized manner, then I will close each and every one of them.

Getting tired of seeing all the reported posts concerning .mobi conversations.

Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think that'd be an awesome idea. Close down all things .mobi :-D

akaning3

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont understand. This is DN Forum - not .com forum or .eu forum. Its "DN (Domain Name) Forum".
For the people that do not like ".mobi", ok. We gotcha. You hate it. Ok, we like it. Most of us PAID a subscription just like ".mobi-haters". There was NOTHING in the contract when we paid about "must not talk about .mobi". Just because some of you dont like .mobi, should not mean that we have to agree.

I signed up and paid for the subscription fee mainly for .mobi conversation to discuss how to promote .mobi sites for users and to make friends. I feel that your choice for closing .mobi forum is not fair. If you close the .mobi forum, i would like a refund.

You dont like .mobi. I like .mobi. You like the color blue, and i like red. So what. It is our opinion and you have your opinion.

Cant we all get a long!?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But I am enjoying the drama, and especially Acro's 'NO Mobi's' signature!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont understand. This is DN Forum - not .com forum or .eu forum. Its "DN (Domain Name) Forum".
For the people that do not like ".mobi", ok. We gotcha. You hate it. Ok, we like it. Most of us PAID a subscription just like ".mobi-haters". There was NOTHING in the contract when we paid about "must not talk about .mobi". Just because some of you dont like .mobi, should not mean that we have to agree.

I signed up and paid for the subscription fee mainly for .mobi conversation to discuss how to promote .mobi sites for users and to make friends. I feel that your choice for closing .mobi forum is not fair. If you close the .mobi forum, i would like a refund.

You dont like .mobi. I like .mobi. You like the color blue, and i like red. So what. It is our opinion and you have your opinion.

Cant we all get a long!?

Please READ what was written in my post, not what you think you read.

Thanks

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seriously enough already... although I do think some of the negative comments on .mobi have helped to counterbalance a lot of the relentless pro .mobi talk by some which is begining to look and sound like a cult...

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that'd be an awesome idea. Close down all things .mobi :-D

He's talking about you.

As this post is an example, this person will take down the entire discussion by avoiding the direction of the mods, using profanity publically and literally every other trick he can think of to kill the civil mobi discussions taking place on this board.

You would find that he is the instigator and protagonist and ALL the discussions would be more civil if HE were not part of this forum... Not .mobi.

Think about that, Mr Moderator.

While he attacks, the rest of us are trying. Now that you have made the threat of closing mobi discussions, he's only going to get more agressive.

Be prepared.

GoPC

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why ban a subject rather than warn individuals?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
He's talking about you.

As this post is an example, this person will take down the entire discussion by avoiding the direction of the mods, using profanity publically and literally every other trick he can think of to kill the civil mobi discussions taking place on this board.

You would find that he is the instigator and protagonist and ALL the discussions would be more civil if HE were not part of this forum... Not .mobi.

Think about that, Mr Moderator.

While he attacks, the rest of us are trying. Now that you have made the threat of closing mobi discussions, he's only going to get more agressive.

Be prepared.

GoPC

For a n00b you have quite the demands and the attitude. Don't push your luck buddy. I can only take so much shit from people that think they are on NameP.ros. There is an option called "ignore account". Use it if you dislike my posts and my signature image. Or shut up.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a feature for those that do not want to read a members' post.

Just use the ignore feature on this forum.

I think all discussion is good, both pro and against, just keep it professional.

No need to get nasty with each other....That nastinest is what Biggedon is talking about.

I like hearing both sides so no ignore feature needed. I'd rather use my free will and self control.

JMO

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The entire argument started with lots of members complaining that there is a flood of .mobi names posted for appraisal. That was taken care of with a .mobi specific forum.

I've posted plenty of statements why I believe .mobi is a failure. There is a gang of 4-5 neophytes that attempt to ridicule my stance and that of others on a constant basis, without an iota of info that would back their approach.

Guys, give it up. You want to convince us .mobi is something it isn't? Maybe you should be car salesmen then, selling lemon cars.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you guys cannot discuss this extension in a civilized manner, then I will close each and every one of them.

Getting tired of seeing all the reported posts concerning .mobi conversations.

Thanks

So you are going to abuse your power by banning .mobi discussions instead of banning the whiners who keep coming to a separate .mobi discussion forum just to vent their anger because they lost the opportunity to make a good bet on mobi?

This is not the only forum to discuss domain. If you wanna ban us from discussing mobi domains in a separate mobi forum that you created, then go ahead.......just do it.......we can definitely move to other forums thatpromote free and fair discussion.

Oh btw, be prepared to refund our memberships.

:humble:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you call that a lost opportunity, I call it intelligent decision.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The entire argument started with lots of members complaining that there is a flood of .mobi names posted for appraisal. That was taken care of with a .mobi specific forum.

I've posted plenty of statements why I believe .mobi is a failure. There is a gang of 4-5 neophytes that attempt to ridicule my stance and that of others on a constant basis, without an iota of info that would back their approach.

Guys, give it up. You want to convince us .mobi is something it isn't? Maybe you should be car salesmen then, selling lemon cars.

My friend....why don't you just calm down.....we know you don't like dot mobi....and so be it.

Dot mobi is less than 1% of our portfolio and we made an educated bet on mobi.

I believe .com is king and I also believe .mobi will be pretty good in future because its a unique TLD.

Now it does not matter to me what do you think about .mobi

What I don't understand why you always whine ... its not healthy.

I urge you to cheer up.:clap2:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If I need some Indian philosophy, I will give you a call Rick. Till then, spare me the mantras.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed that everytime there is a new extension with its relative landrush, the story is the same. It happened with .eu , it`s happening with .mobi and probably willl happen with .whatever
Maybe the only therapy is to use more warnings/bans to the people that clearly can`t be polite.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bleh. You won't change my point of view.

However, as a gesture of goodwill I have removed my anti-mobi sigpic.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
HAha, agreed, its not about .mobi lovers and haters, its all more likely about the sheeps and shepherds

indian sheeps, japanese sheeps, many sheeps, we need to feed them with the mobi and nobi otherwise they become unproduceable

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bleh. You won't change my point of view.

However, as a gesture of goodwill I have removed my anti-mobi sigpic.

awww :-(

I uploaded an anti-mobi sig image but it wont show up...I wonder why not?

Acroplex: your posts make me smile :high5:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep up the .mobi bashing in people's threads and watch the infraction points add up. Already issued one a few minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom