Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed NuclearAttack.com ... the value now? ... the value *after* a Nuclear Attack?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NuclearAttack.com ... Three questions: 1. Its value now? 2. Its value after a nuclear attack? 3. What's the best use of it now/future?

Ron

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) mid $xx
2) depending on the severity of the attack. small attack, it could get good traffic, rise in price, but not by much.
sever atttack, worth $0, as there wont be much of the internet or people around to use it.
3) wide range of development potential.

Gray

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the internet was designed especially to withstand nuclear attack. when it was
ARDPA, advanced research defence something... when your ISP gets blasted the packets just get rerouted so the message always gets through.

lot of potential for development on preparing and coping in an emergency.

reseller: low $xxx
end user : $x,xxx

make a MMP computer game!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as for the domain value, I cant argue, its an appraisal.
as for the internet withstanding a nucelar attack...
if you check, I said in a severe attack (many many nuclear bombs), I doubt there will be much standing still, let alone the internet as far as its USERS are concerned.
I mean, who many people would survive an all out nuclear attack (resulting in a nuclear holocaust), and go to a site foor info???

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let's hope we will never find out.
No offense,Domagon, but your 2) sounds like you are trying to make money out of an very unfortunate event.
As for your 3), in my opinion, you should develop there a site with what-to-do in case of an attack....but hope that will never happen.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domagon said:
2. Its value after a nuclear attack?

What a stupid question!

It's incredible that there are people who even speculate what their domain will be worth after an event like that. Same people really have no shame on how low they can go in their greedy fantasies?

Your shameless website promo speaks volumes about your preparations to make money on an event where so many people and their environment will be annihilated: "...sadly, it's only a matter of time before it happens - be ready with this domain!"

To answer your ugly question...

In the god-forbid case of serious nuclear attack on US, the value of all our domains combined will be close to $0 for years to come, because fear, uncertainity and low moral will drive our consumer-investment economy down the septic pipe.

In the case of nuclear event elsewhere in the world (Kashmir...), and US media (Aaron Brown) starts calling it "nuclear attack", then yes, your domain will have some value, depending on the type-in traffic it produces.

Happy now?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, my comment regarding "after a nuclear attack" is referring to a very small-scale event, not all out global thermo nuclear war.

With that out of the way, I hadn't given much thought to developing it, but after seeing the responses here, putting up a simple website there may be worthwhile.

Thank you everyone who has responded - greatly appreciated.

Ron

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it gives me bad vibes mon....smokin a bowl now! ;(

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would not surprise me if you were placed on a homeland security "watch list" after registering this domain, times being what they are.

Kyric

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a depressing domain to appraise. I agree that if CNN starts calling an event a "nuclear attack" then this domain name will obviously be worth something but I wouldnt like to be owning it at the time of such an event.

I also would imagine that some of the people who've viewed this thread, unfortunately, may have been evaporated.

I dont think I can be more macabre than to say that the ones who survived and were able to give an appraisal, will probably have lost their hair and be suffering from radiation sickness.

Also some will have...... oops sorry got a bit carried away.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll pay you reg fee so i can delete it...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also have a domain name for you to appraise, but I only want appraisals for after it occurs:

TheEndOfTheHumanRace.com

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, please appraise:

Igotherpesanditwontgoawaythesoresarereallybad.com

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How old are you Mocus? Seems to me you don't remember the Reagan era at all. Check Google for "nuclear attack" references. Our government has shifted the focus elsewhere but the real danger comes from the far East - and they're fully capable of a nuclear attack.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree mega subject...but what are you going to do with it? Listen Radistar, I am a grown man and for the record I dont dislike the domain, it would be great for a game or something like that but as far as a value on this domain I think its low xx...it is a grim subject and has a bad vibe for me, thus I would only pay low $xx for it, is that OK?

Appraisals are so subjective, for all we know someone will come along and pay $x,xxx for it after some big software company releases a game with the exact name or even better a hollywood movie comes out named "Nuclear Attack!" but until then, low xx....I think everyone else so far agrees on this one. Chill out and smoke one dude...btw I got some good 4 letters from your list I paid for so play nice or I'll spam you :cheeky:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Appraisals should not be based on what *you* would pay for the domain. It should be an objective appreciation of the domain's value in the open market. I would not pay $50k for mother.com either but is it worth it that much? Probably.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well using circular logic to prove a point in an extreme scenario like the sale of "mother.com" doesnt really make any sense here, for this domain i would pay $xx, whereas If I had 50K to spend on a name I would pay it for mother.com as well....and thats the great thing about opinions right? Why don't you buy this one for $500?

Whatever, I dont want to fill up this post with our big penis fight...I think its a low $xx domain, my official appraisal. I will give you a hug if you don't agree. I still am your friend :approve:

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom