Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

On Frank Schilling and The End of Domaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do read DN Journal cover stories. Keep hoping to read one about people like Josh who turned out successive six-figure years with only a $500 investment. But all I get is kiss-ass articles about the agenda-driven elitists of du jour.

has it ever crossed your mind that a lot of people here don't necessarily like the exposure DNJ can bring on you OR simply are not ready for prime time?

Seriously it's a Sunday, let's do something more productive ;)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seriously it's a Sunday, let's do something more productive ;)

Yeah, like buying three letter nets so we can flip them six months later (not six years later). And so on in perpetuity.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, like buying three letter nets so we can flip them six months later (not six years later). And so on in perpetuity.

What's wrong with flipping domains especially when your margins are x3 at the very least? And perpetuity is not really my end game or plan, I'm diversifying my portfolio and now start to retain 1-2 solid 5 figure domains for every 1 I personally sell ;)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry buds, gotta take care of some business now.

Smell you all later.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some guys buy up $100 drops and build rev portfolio's, some of us flip, some only sale to end users and some just invest in rev. names happy to recover investment in X years and maybe then sale. There is no right or wrong way to be successful. Not everyone can do it I agree it is a limited number but more could if they applied themselves.

I thinkyou are not seeing alot of the action among the mid level guys because we dont get " coverage " and missing out on a geat chance to apply what you know into making dollars. If I started in 2003 and knew then what I knew in 2005 there is no excuse I shouldnt have made alot more.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Anywho, you are a mother****er by nature, so it's hard to draw you on piece of paper that the world doesn't revolve around you, and that of 100,000 people in the world who are trying to make profits with domains, only a few dozen are making more than 10k per year.

May I suggest you let go of your mother's umbilical cord you're grasping on for deal life, due to lack of any valid arguments. I mean, Jesus ****ing Christ, you are the epitome of a person whose gonads failed to develop.

Sorry buds, gotta take care of some business now.

Smell you all later.

Don't forget to wipe.

It's the phucking microcosm, this domain business is, feeding off of each other and off of endless stream of newbies (important source of income for seasoned veterans) while waiting for elusive end-users who simply aren't blinking - just yet.

And you fall in neither category, my friend. You're too much of a dickhead to be a noob and show too little graciousness to be a seasoned veteran. You exist to smear your feces on the places that others choose to sit. A real chimp of the imaginary creature world.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can empathize with Sasquatch's annoyance of the big leaguer Conga line, way too many oily middle aged men involved in that. :D

But, there are some figureheads that do seem more sincere, and a lot more modest. I don't know much about Chris Chena, but his story was a pleasure to read about, and didn't seem overly glossed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Without attempting to downgrade Duke's excellent work of independent journalism in the domain market, I think that it is futile to believe that it's the collective list of all sales, period. It's the same fallacy that Sasq makes his point of argument; then begins to talk down on all these active domainers that for one reason or another were in the DNJ limelight. As I suggested before, one that hides behind an anonymous moniker is easy to criticize, assault, mock and belittle those that don't deserve such treatment. "Telling it like it is" goes a long way from "Telling it like my chimp brain thinks it is".

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chris Chena

Yes, that's the guy who seems to have a straight head on his shoulder without an infalted ego. It's a pleasure to deal with such people.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Sasq,

Yes the attitude of the "big boys" to the mass (I am part of this mass) is often very frustrating. As someone posted in the past in this forum: they form a sort of club and all that is out have low interest and get poor consideration. I confirm.

Yes, you can still make a VERY good living, and even become quickly millionaire with domain names, just starting with 5K but I admit is not automatic, you must be clever and creative, but trust me, it's possible.

Yes, (as me) you will probably never own as many domains Frank owns but I don't think one need billions to live very well, no?

Yes, you can be contacted by these "big boys" for sell some of your names. In fact it's like "automatic", look likes they have radars (LOL), as soon you own a generic premium domain with a HIGH search popularity you get contacted. When this happen, be prepared to do great sales.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's a pleasure to deal with such people.

Having bathroom fantasies again while reading a printout of the DNJ? Or you want me to call Chris and ask him if he ever did business with imaginary creatures of the tabloid world? :D

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Without attempting to downgrade Duke's excellent work of independent journalism in the domain market, I think that it is futile to believe that it's the collective list of all sales, period.

It isn't you moron, and nobody ever made that argument, but it's a sampling representative of what's going on outthere. It's a telling sign that most big sales are between the domain investors. It is because of those reported sales that the assault on mainstream America is going on, it's the reason why Paul Sloane writes his glossy shit, it's the reason why anyone talks about domains (it certainly it isn't because of your $700 domain sales to the Greek-American soccer clubs)

As I suggested before, one that hides behind an anonymous moniker is easy to criticize, assault, mock and belittle those that don't deserve such treatment. "Telling it like it is" goes a long way from "Telling it like my chimp brain thinks it is".

It isn't hiding you idiot, it's called an opinion diverisification. If it wasn't for people like me the only truth that exist outthere will be written by the people in power. If it wasn't poeple like me Monday morning quarterbacking wouldn't exist. And we know that Monday morning quarterbacking is alive and well, and just because Tom Brady is sexing up Gisele Bundchen, it doesn't mean his on-field football brain is right all the time.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion and an asshole; you appear to have much of both.

I would respect your opinion only if you were respectful towards the accomplishments of others - known and unknown. But acting like a prick earns you much of the same.

BTW you have a problem with my heritage? It's the oldest in the civilized world. And I can attest that in your wildest dreams you would not want to mess with it face to face.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Having bathroom fantasies again while reading a printout of the DNJ? Or you want me to call Chris and ask him if he ever did business with imaginary creatures of the tabloid world? :D

This is a Frank Schilling thread mind you Acro, printouts are to be referred to here as "vignettes". Go it? :D

Top hats and coats should be checked in upon entrance, however, facades must be kept on at all times. As you were.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's something to be said about independent thought. If I were to, heaven forbid, write a blog, the first article would include:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INGZc0J573U

"I'm Not Like Everybody Else" -- The Kinks :)

The world needs more points of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators