Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

On Frank Schilling and The End of Domaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed ~MG - you only need to track back to the first post to find the reason for the derision - the follow-up is a consequence of such idiosyncratic magalomania. "Telling it like it is" or something.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Indeed ~MG - you only need to track back to the first post to find the reason for the derision - the follow-up is a consequence of such idiosyncratic magalomania. "Telling it like it is" or something.

Megalomania is when you hold 400,000 domains, most of which get 1-2 visits per day. And then you call yourself media company on a regfee domain and a .25c template. Megalomania is when you call others stupid because they registered domains with the non-American registry (.eu) Megalomania is when your income is 20 million per year, and you still refuse to pay the taxes. Megalomania is when you refuse a 100M offer.

Megalomania is when you trademark fluffs like "changing the face of the Internet landscape".

Megalomania is when you charge $2,000 for attendance to your love fest. When you charge more as you grow your audience, instead of less.

Megalomania is when someone has to send you a "nice" application to be accepted to your forum.

Megalomania is when registrars keep expiring names for themselves. When they compete with their own customers. When they autobid on snaps.

Don't you talk to me about megalomania.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Quoting from post #1:

And no amounts of Dn Journal (and other printed "industry trades") "industry coverage" will change that fact. The sooner you realize that fact, the better will be for you lil' fella.
Use of quotes indicates scorn and contempt. Coming from a person whose moniker is that of a fictitious creature it really makes you wonder whether we are dealing with a serial psychopath or someone who aims to cause monetary harm with libelous statements. I urge those that are in direct contact with Frank Schilling to email him this URL link; after all, his name is used in the title.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Megalomania is when you hold 400,000 domains, most of which get 1-2 visits per day. And then you call yourself media company on a regfee domain and a .25c template. Megalomania is when you call others stupid because they registered domains with the non-American registry (.eu) Megalomania is when your income is 20 million per year, and you still refuse to pay the taxes. Megalomania is when you refuse a 100M offer.

Megalomania is when you trademark fluffs like "changing the face of the Internet landscape".

Megalomania is when you charge $2,000 for attendance to your love fest.

Megalomania is when someone has to send you a "nice" application to be accepted to your forum.

Welcome to America and the healthy side of Capitalism. I wasn't born here and yet I am able to recognize it. How much bible thumbing did it take for your blindness?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Megalomania is when you charge $2,000 for attendance to your love fest.

Make sure you submit those subtle nuances of definition to Dictionary.com and all those other erudite resources. Looking forward to seeing your formal inclusions online. Take a tip Squatch-- know when you're beaten and move on. Don't put the weights where you can't snatch and grab 'em.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quoting from post #1:

Use of quotes indicates scorn and contempt. Coming from a person whose moniker is that of a fictitious creature it really makes you wonder whether we are dealing with a serial psychopath or someone who aims to cause monetary harm with libelous statements. I urge those that are in direct contact with Frank Schilling to email him this URL link; after all, his name is used in the title.

Quotes indicate that the term domain "industry" is not to be taken at face value, because this is nothing approximating industry. Rules and regulations are non-existent or at best blatantly disregarded, and only the strongest prevail.

Welcome to America and the healthy side of Capitalism.

What's healthy about that?

For a healthy capitalism go to places like Sweden and the Netherlands.

For all the worst in humanity come to America.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Quotes indicate that the term domain "industry" is not to be taken at face value, because this is nothing approximating industry. Rules and regulations are non-existent or at best blatantly disregarded, and only the strongest prevail.

OK. Now I see something with substance coming from you.

But then why do you jump onto the fact that it's survival of the fittest all over again? Do you have trouble comprehending that the paradigm still applies?

Your entire thread is full of hatred against those that made it and have the ability now to play the game by their own rules!

What's healthy about that?

For a healthy capitalism go to places like Sweden and the Netherlands.

For all the worst in humanity come to America.

I am as liberal as they come, believe you me. On social issues, at least. On financial issues, I believe in the good old American Dream. Having lived in both worlds I have the ability to select what is good and reject what is not. Open your eyes, Sasq!

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you have trouble comprehending that the paradigm still applies?

What paradigm are you talking about?

Your entire thread is full of hatred against those that made it and have the ability now to play the game by their own rules!

It's not "hatred" it's the opposing viewpoints. Especially when opposed are the gospels of those that are making up their own rules.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So by attacking the use of Schilling's example of RumCakes and throwing in "obesity in America" and such other arguments, you feel that you are dissecting the "gospels"?

I can see an opposing viewpoint from 100 miles and respect it; you assault other people's success and REFUSE to accept the fact that it's over: they are there, whether you like it or not.

The paradigm is that the fittest survive. Unless you are part of that group, you won't make the cut. Now, the secret outside of the world of birds and bees: keep under the radar.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And just think, if Franky had sent out just one more rum cake last Xmas, to Sasquatch, 24 people would not be reading this thread for the past 3 hours! :yes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Alright Sasquatch. Diffusion time. I can't go back and edit every damn post I made, exchanging rude words with you. But I will say I am sorry for the aggravation. It's not worth it.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sasq, you must be the evil reincarnation of Mole. After all, you share the same piss-head attitude, lack of manners and you even sport his username in your sig. Or perhaps you two were "too close" to begin with ;)

My guess is that after 5 years and 7000 posts of telling us how .INFO, .BIZ, .TRAVEL etc were going to take over from .COM, mole realized what a fool he'd made of himself and quietly disappeared forever.

Sasquatch; some points for you:
1) Is it Frank's and others right to self-promote themselves (if that's what it is)? Yes, that's capitalism, free-speech, yada yada..
2) Was every successful domainer rich to begin with? No.
3) Is there still money to be made in domaining? Absolutely.

Either get down to business and make some money yourself (it's there for the taking), accept that you lack the skills to be successful and find something else to do, but at least stop whining about the people who are doing it.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So by attacking the use of Schilling's example of RumCakes and throwing in "obesity in America" and such other arguments, you feel that you are dissecting the "gospels"?

What I was attempting to say that the conventional wisdom doesn't work in real life, and will never work in online business either. Nobody needs RumCakes.com to sell RumCakes online. That is especially so when there's only one RumCakes.com, and x amount of RumCake sellers.

The same way Frank Schilling doesn't need Domains.com or Names.com to be in domain business. He only needs a regfee domain as obvious from his example, or the example of Marchex (another bunch that are in dire need of hiring a brandmeister)

The same way other 300M companies operate on $60 disposable generics (DemandMedia.com or Ireit.com etc.)

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems this is the next to the final round. The ferocity of those early punches has subsided. It wouldn't be fair if one or the other does not come out a winner.

No TKO I guess...

I have to agree with another forum member earlier who suggested a distinct thread where anything goes. I am sure there are many hundreds who'd like to vent their collective venom with bites all over the posts.

Who needs rules when one must speak their minds at will?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems this is the next to the final round. The ferocity of those early punches has subsided. It wouldn't be fair if one or the other does not come out a winner.

This isn't supposed to be Ali-Fraiser. Just a debate. Plenty of smart people reading this, but only a few venture in. Fair enough. I am nobody and of course the odds of the "debate" are stacked up against me. Especially since the people are followers by their nature. They believe what they see. And they belive what they want to believe. No amounts of open discussion will change their mind. Acroplex has surprised me with his last post. Showing some level of maturity in that thick head of his :smilewinkgrin:

And as for Frank and Elequa... nothing personal of course. Just some fluff on my part :smilewinkgrin: Just like a good M. Night Shyamalan's movie.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Especially since the people are followers by their nature. They believe what they see. And they belive what they want to believe. No amounts of open discussion will change their mind.

Here's the thing - I do what works for me in business. I don't do what Frank tells me, or anyone else for that matter. I make my own decisions. However, am I interested in Frank's perspective? Of course.
People are sitting in front of their computers right now presented with two options; either reading the intelligent posts of a highly successful domainer, or reading posts from an unsuccessful domainer whining about the successful domainer. What do you think they'll do?

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People are sitting in front of their computers right now presented with two options; either reading the intelligent posts of a highly successful domainer, or reading posts from an unsuccessful domainer whining about the successful domainer. What do you think they'll do?

Perfect summary for those coming now to this thread :)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch, a mature way to wrap this up - kudos to you. Most contributors have elephantine egos. Just like me :D Gonna pack my trunk and head up the "apples and pears up the wooden hill to the cot." I'm not a lemming though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener