Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Pcpoker Dotcom

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dv82

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear appraisals on this one. Thanks guys.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's really not a term that is used. But since it is brief, and hard to misspell, it could be part of a site. I doubt someone would really pay through the nose for it, since it really doesn't bring value to the business, but there are worse names out there in the poker world. There really is not a price for it. If you listed it here you might get zero or you might get lucky and get $100, but not more. The name will probably cost you money unless you put it in the vault and not think about it. It is barely worth renewing, but if the stars align you could get a few hundred. Not worth your time, but not a horrific name. You don't want to invest your valuable time on names like these, where even if you get lucky you can't overcome the time and effort spent.

It is the type of name that someone might give a decent appraisal on, as it is kind of a trap name. But when the rubber meets the road it is a very low value name because if you played a word association game with Poker, I don't think that PC would be in the fist 1,000 responses. If it was available to register I would likely register it. If it was in a thread I might take it for $40, but definitely not $100. I have a feeling you think it is worth pretty good money. I could see someone in this thread be willing to pay $100 for it. If they say any more, I won't believe them unless they are willing to buy it today for that price.

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually find myself in agreement with WhoDatDog, $100 is a reasonable goal to aim for, maybe a bit more on a lucky day. PCPoker is not as popular as OnlinePoker, not even close. And although PC strictly means personal computer it has now become synonymous with Windows in a time when Mac gets all the glory. Still, I kinda like it. Another thing you may think about is that poker hit a fever pitch in 2004-05, peaking mid 2000's then decreasing gradually, and now about 10 yrs later it's lost much of its allure, many yrs ago you would've gotten a lot more for it.

Poker isn't dead at all and the game isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but I hoe you didn't pay that much when you acquired it. If a decent offer comes your way, just grab it (Make sure you use PCPoker or PCpoker when you market it, page display, title, etc and do not use Pcpoker, that's bad and worse than PCPOKER or pcpoker)

dv82

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. It's much appreciated. I don't own any other poker related names and are not very familiar with the value of names in this niche. I might have paid a bit too much for it in auction but i should be able to sell it with a little profit if i get lucky.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If hand-regged, I "feel" this name being sold for a net profit of $394 after commissions and reasonable renewal fees.

Source: Some of my own sales that "felt" the same.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is actually a pretty decent name but needs to be promoted and advertised to jump start its value. PC Poker is a viable market whether its bloat ware installed on systems or people playing poker online with their PC.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Several years ago poker names sold quite well, probably several thousand minimum back then.
PC was a great prefix at the time, not so much anymore though kind of archaic right now.

To a reseller, probably 75-$200. Sorry if you paid more awhile ago, it is a good name and still deserving of renewal for what its worth.

DutchBoyd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's decent... poker domain names are in the toilet (thanks to black friday), and "PC" as a prefix meaning personal computer isn't so great anymore... but I could see an end-user case for using "pc" as a different acronym (e.g. Pink Chip Poker, Pensacola Poker, etc.)

Anyway, it's decent enough that I would probably throw away a hundo renewing it for ten years and then see where the poker market sits in five. I definitely wouldn't sell it for less than $1500. From a reseller/domainer, I'd guess you could get $60.

dv82

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's decent... poker domain names are in the toilet (thanks to black friday), and "PC" as a prefix meaning personal computer isn't so great anymore... but I could see an end-user case for using "pc" as a different acronym (e.g. Pink Chip Poker, Pensacola Poker, etc.)

Anyway, it's decent enough that I would probably throw away a hundo renewing it for ten years and then see where the poker market sits in five. I definitely wouldn't sell it for less than $1500. From a reseller/domainer, I'd guess you could get $60.

Thanks Dutchboyd. Good to get feedback from someone who's actually a professional poker player!

Belal.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its a good name, You should look into poker game sites that offer affiliate programs, I briefly checked and there are quite a few. To get good money you will have to find the right buyer or wait till he finds you. $1000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom