Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Platinum Accounts Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Existing members can now sign up for a Platinum Membership. The price is $49.95/year. Lot of you made that much or more on your first sale here. Now you can give something back and get some perks to boot. To upgrade click on the "Register" tab above while logged in. Then you will see a link to change your current membership plan. Follow that and you're set.

Here are the different levels:

Silver Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $9.95
- Ability to browse the forums

Gold Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $14.95
- All the features included in the Silver Plan.
- Ability to post to the forums.
- Ability to create threads in all forums except the advertising section and the Platinum private forum.
- Ability to send private messages.
- Ability to attend and bid in the live auctions.

Platinum Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $49.95
- All the features of the Gold Plan.
- Ability to list domains for auctions.
- Ability to create threads in the advertising section.
- Access to a Platinum member only forum.
- Ability to have links, colors and size control in your forum signature.
- Get 5 free guest passes for 2 weeks of Gold membership each.
- Discounted SnapBacks® (available shortly)
- 800 DNF$ Bonus Now through March 12, 2003

For now all existing members will have access to the live auctions. Shortly you will need to be a Platinum member to list names in the auction.

For those of you that say you will never pay a penny, it may be several months before you will have to pay. So enjoy while you can.

Upvote 0

Attilio

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to sign up for a Platimum account.

Please give instructions.

thanks

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by attilio

Please give instructions.

Sorry, left that out.

To upgrade click on the "Register" tab above while logged in. Then you will see a link to change your current membership plan. Follow that and you're set.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Sorry, left that out.

To upgrade click on the "Register" tab above while logged in. Then you will see a link to change your current membership plan. Follow that and you're set.

But gregr when will my signature work? I already payd for paltium member

Attilio

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I signed up.

Thanks Greg,

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff

But gregr when will my signature work? I already payd for paltium member

We're working on it. Should be a quick fix. :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those of you that say you will never pay a penny, it may be several months before you will have to pay. So enjoy while you can.

Glad to hear that. In other words, I'll still be around for some time. :D

DNInvestor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about a discount for those that sign up for Platinum accounts early?

Just a suggestions, SF

T

Tee

What other features are available in the silver plan? It just says you have the ability to browse. The gold plan references "features" in the silver plan.

Unique concept charging to browse a forum. Will be interesting to see how that affects traffic levels.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that dnforum has helped me a lot, many sales, good buys, good info, and I think that what the heck, I have to pay $49,95 in year for it, so be it! Also cheap snapbacks and so on.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is really funny, but I am suposed to see mods forum? I can read everything?

liquidstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't mind paying because I've seen the value of the forums, but how does Joe Newuser decide (s)he wants to spend any money on the site if (s)he can't even browse the site to know whether or not it's worth the money.

This plan looks like the death of the site. If I list a domain name (which I did) I would like to have the maximum number of people out there bidding on it. Why restrict people browsing the site or bidding on auctions? Doesn't seem like good business sense to me.

Why not make premium membership required to list names and manybe a special forum. The other restrictions are a bit iffy if you ask me. (which no one did so I'm back to my hole)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by liquidstar
I don't mind paying because I've seen the value of the forums, but how does Joe Newuser decide (s)he wants to spend any money on the site if (s)he can't even browse the site to know whether or not it's worth the money.

This plan looks like the death of the site. If I list a domain name (which I did) I would like to have the maximum number of people out there bidding on it. Why restrict people browsing the site or bidding on auctions? Doesn't seem like good business sense to me.

Why not make premium membership required to list names and manybe a special forum. The other restrictions are a bit iffy if you ask me. (which no one did so I'm back to my hole)

Agree!

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff
This is really funny, but I am suposed to see mods forum?

No but you shouldn't be able to see it now. Can you still see the Platinum private forum?

T

Tee

Originally posted by liquidstar

Yup.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No but you shouldn't be able to see it now. Can you still see the Platinum private forum?

Yes, I can see The platium forum, but the mods forum has dissapeared:(
It was fun

liquidstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I did was offer advice not whine. I felt it was diplomatic and warranted. Obviously business sense isn't your strong suit. That's cool, it's not everyone's bag. I hope it works, I really do. The premise is flawed in my opinion. That's not whining, that's just true.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whiners? - If payment is involved then customers surely, and therefore worthy of being listened to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom