Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Rick Schwartz and The Unbearable Silencing Power of Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's never even being a big deal. The people here know who I am, and wherever I've been secretive, it's for practical reasons, not ethical ones.

I get tired of being hounded by freaks and nuts who react to my special brand of truthtelling, but when it comes to dollars and cents, I'm as solid a guy as they come, and buyers and sellers know my full name--including my middle one. :D

"Does it really matter" that you registered my company name some years back, and then tried to hold it hostage against me because you didn't like me?

I mean, if we're all coming out, let's spill the beans, right?

Register for the auction

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cameron: I didn't say you were a fraud (you may or may not be, I don't have personal knowledge of that). But, it's clear you're a fake. Not a good fake, either. If you go back and read your posts on Usenet, those domains were crap, not the "elite" names you suggest to others that you trade in on a daily basis.

If your goal is deception, then clearly you'll stick to that until the end. But, those who won't be fooled need more -- clearly, those who won't be fooled must not be your "target" audience, if you're unable to back up what you say. If you want to live in a fantasy land, that's fine, but don't expect anyone in the know to take you seriously.

You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

M

MattyP

I for one couldn't care less what DnP's REAL name is.

I know of people, from this site, that have had dealings with DnP that run into the thousands and the dealings went like clockwork.

That's what matters In my opinion.

Matt

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
George, I've owned some truly awful domains, it's true, but I've graduated to better ones.

How does this make me a fake?

Maybe you want to rethink your post a bit.

Maybe you want to talk to Safesys, and then return with your tail between your ass.

:D

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Does it really matter" that you registered my company name some years back, and then tried to hold it hostage against me because you didn't like me?"

Cameron ... you might want to elaborate on that statement a bit. Maybe re-read those emails again from back in 1999 ...

You "are well aware" I had NO intent of holding you hostage over your "comapany name" ... but man .. it sure showed the two sides of you though ... and I thought Canadians had a sense of humour ...

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fake about your name, location, etc. Ask Safesys my own reputation, also. :)

If you've had successful deals, like MattyP suggests, then you should be trumpeting them proudly. Take a look at BuyDomains, or other big fish -- when they sell or broker a name, they're not slinking around.

You assume that I'm "out to get you", when I'm not. If you're able to have greater transparency and show a history of success, a track record, then more "power" (pun not intended!) to you.

M

MattyP

George.
I am not suggesting DnP has bought and sold names into the thousands on single deals, I am telling you he has.

Matt

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
Fake about your name, location, etc. Ask Safesys my own reputation, also. :)

If you've had successful deals, like MattyP suggests, then you should be trumpeting them proudly. Take a look at BuyDomains, or other big fish -- when they sell or broker a name, they're not slinking around.

You assume that I'm "out to get you", when I'm not. If you're able to have greater transparency and show a history of success, a track record, then more "power" (pun not intended!) to you.

No one's questioning *your* rep, genius.

You're just too thick or naive to realize the difference between being fake and being private.

There are whois pirates, increasing obscenity prosecutions on adult domains, spam bots, jealous competitors...the list goes on and on...

I can't expect you to relate of course, because you're new to the business, but please, give it a rest...

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of us buy and sell names into the thousands on single deals, Matt. I don't know you personally, but it adds to his reputation if you say he's done those deals. One must also factor in the detractors, though, esp. when they've shown their identity. I'm not a "detractor", as I've never dealt with Cameron -- I don't deal with folks who aren't transparent. I just have his demeanour, and his words (spoken and unspoken) to judge him by, as well as those around him. It all speaks to credibility.

My field is finance. If someone goes around claiming stock market returns of 1000%/yr, with many satisfied clients, but unable to name any of them, or show any of his past trades ("might reveal his trade secrets"), I'm not one to give him my money to manage. Some skepticism can be quite healthy (as long as it doesn't reach paranoia).

I guess it's all just "Caveat emptor", etc., if there's a lesson to be learned. Some will choose to deal with him, others won't. I've not lost out on much by not dealing with him, as far as I can tell.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because I'm getting sick of the nonsense, I offered GeorgeK access to just one of my escrow.com accounts to tally up the $ value of just my last 6 months worth of transactions on that account. I sent him my login info.

He declined for "security reasons".

I'm willing to offer this access to 'MattyP', 'Dan' or 'Safesys', all of whom are moderators here.

So there.

:yes:

M

MattyP

That is an amazing offer to make Dan Safesys and myself.

I want to clear up with members that I have not done business with you but do know of members that have and they have told me personally that you are professional to deal with.

I have no reason to assume that you are anything but the real deal.

I will look and confirm your account if you so wish. I don't see a need for you to go through with the offer though.

The people I know and respect have told me you are what you say you are. You don't need to prove it to me or anyone else in my opinion.

Matt

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I declined as I didn't want to be falsely accused of hacking someone's account -- at least be accurate. And I suggested that you inform Escrow.com's customer support beforehand, so that everything is on the up and up. Especially since the email address to the account that was sent was not known to be yours, Cameron. (it wasn't any I've seen in WHOIS, or the one you emailed me from).

If I'm guilty of being cautious, so be it. But to dismiss it as nonsense....that's a bit extreme. As I said, I'm fair and will report things accurately, if it means that much to you.

What if other readers of this forum were emailed a username and password, and said "please login"? Perhaps they'd do it, but then if the account was accused of hacking, etc., they'd be in a mess that they'd gotten into due to their own carelessness.

M

MattyP

I just looked at one of DnP's escrow accounts, and let me say that I stopped counting after hundreds of thousands of dollars in transactions.

I really did stop counting, it is amazing.

I saw it with my own eyes. Simple as that.

Matt

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good. Now perhaps the detractors will post their "evidence", if they have any. (I'm not a "detractor", just someone who is out for the truth, on all sides; maybe that means I get hated by all sides :) ). Remember when others were defaming Cameron a while ago, I was against that too.

It's the BS, lact of tact and diplomacy, that turns off many. e.g. go back to some of Cameron's Usenet posts:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

"Subject: My gift to the people in this newsgroup: HONESTY"

"I've been selling domains since '93 and I've made lots and lots of
money, and now that I'm leaving the biz"

Selling names since '93? Doubtful. It doesn't look like you've left the biz...

"4. Brokers are useless" If indeed Cameron is simply brokering names, and not acting as the principal, that too is telling. It's ok to be a broker.

Things like that affect one's credibility. If one wants to renounce one's past, having moved to a new level, that's great. Going on someone else's board, though, and anonymously taking pot shots at them, and trying to sell $75 names for $3,000 doesn't make one look good or inspire confidence/trust, though.

Anyhow, if folks want to persist, I'm not "involved", as I've never dealt with Cameron on names before, nor have first hand knowledge of his history (others know him from Afternic). It's up to others to let us know what to be wary of, beyond the usual due diligence. Claiming to also be the top buyer in the world should also be taken with a grain of salt, just marketing, when we know of many others who've done lots of buying in the background, and not on forums, solely on drops for instance (I'm not one of them, but see them beat me all the time :) ).

[edited to fix a couple of typos]

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MattyP
I just looked at one of DnP's escrow accounts, and let me say that I stopped counting after hundreds of thousands of dollars in transactions.

I really did stop counting, it is amazing.

I saw it with my own eyes. Simple as that.

Matt

Simple as that ... What is?

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of bias in here from the DNForum moderators against someone that doesn't even post here. I hope they don't continue to sell-out so easily. I guess their integrity is for sale at the price of a glimpse at some stats or receiving a few dollars.

This flame thread being supported by the moderators is sickening. The favoritism is OBVIOUS.

M

MattyP

Originally posted by aactive

Simple as that ... What is?

I saw the figures of DnPowerfuls's transactions.
That is what is so simple.

Matt

I'm going to try and clarify my own peronal position on this.

The content of the original post has to be viewed against the backdrop of ricks own positioning. As well as being an individual, he is a business entity too - and he is a prominent figure by his own choosing in this industry with outspoken views and a fair degree of influence. When you position yourself like that, you have to accept that you are opening youself up to criticism.

From the initial post, the thread has developed and seems to have been raising some questions that have been brewing for a little while and hopefully it will provide a means to calm the fires a little and act as a watershed.

If people disagree with the posts, maybe its best to answer the points raised rather than sweep it under the carpet and let is fester further.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm the only PLATINUM card member allowed in here :D

And a Stutz Black Hawke ... a car to die for ...

Geeezzz.......

:evil: :D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brujah
There's a lot of bias in here from the DNForum moderators against someone that doesn't even post here. I hope they don't continue to sell-out so easily. I guess their integrity is for sale at the price of a glimpse at some stats or receiving a few dollars.

This flame thread being supported by the moderators is sickening. The favoritism is OBVIOUS.

What are you talking about Brujah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom