Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Rick Schwartz Is Mad As Hell And He's Not Going To Take It Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not wondering about the legitimacy of domaining at all. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here. I wonder over the legitimacy of a small, but noticeable portion of high-priced sales reported - sales that do not make business sense to me and MANY other people.
Strictly speaking, legitimate sales or not, only the sellers & buyers would know.

As far as you are concerned, exercise your own judgement to decide whether to believe it or not. That's life.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't analyze Rick's speeches. The problem with a lot of those that make negative comments is that they prefer to regurgitate events so wrapped into a shroud of mythology, that they fail to see the opportunities and trends offered in the market today - versus those of yesterday.

Pyramid marketing? No, that's reserved for IDN's.

No, that is the biggest God given opportunity to make some serious cash, that you are determined to completely screw. Report back in 12 months.:lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No, that is the biggest God given opportunity to make some serious cash, that you are determined to completely screw. Report back in 12 months.:lol:

I am not determined to screw something that's already FUBAR.

May I throw this one on the fire to increase the heat in this thread:
http://www.elliotsblog.com/index.php/uneducated-comments-from-amateurs/

When Donna backs Rick, then you really need to pay attention to what's going on :D

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Usual cheer leaders with the Pom-Poms.

The point that is being missed is that Rick doesn't want you attend conferences arranged by the big PPC players.

Why, because it is not good for you?

Well, may be not, but mainly because it isn't good for him.

JohnnyCash

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz is doing a disservice to the domainers.

There is no industry, in a classic term.
They want to concentrate the power in some few hands.
ICANN is an example for a democratic regulator. The opposite to that.

Big money means big interests.
That's always the reason, why in the last centuries people
with the wish of power did everything to gain more and more power.
With crime, murder and everytime with lies.

In political parties, in trusts and in so called alliances.
Only for the reason, that a few individuals can hold the power of the growing pyramid.

But unstructured relations cannot be organized!
So don't help to build that industry structures.

He quote about the doctors, pilots and the teachers.
So get the lesson! Never see yourself as a part of an industry. Do it your way!
Or you can sail on Rio Grande in a nutshell.

Believe in your domains and keep rockin' !

Marc

"Fishing is a delusion entirely surrounded by liars in old clothes. "

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When Donna backs Rick, then you really need to pay attention to what's going on :D

Actually my point that if you don't ask big prices, you don't get big prices...really has nothing to do with "backing Rick"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I would have made the exact same post Elliot did, after seeing how Ron's editorial was misconstrued and abused to the point of accusing Rick Schwartz of doing a dis-service to the domain industry. The truth is entirely the opposite; I found the editorial very motivating and along with Rick's latest announcement of dropping his active support towards the ICA it's clear that unless we all get on the warpath, this industry will be taken over hostage by the vultures of the corporate world. I was hoping that those of you that were earlier on in the game, would set aside differences and bury the hatchet for once.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have made the exact same post Elliot did, after seeing how Ron's editorial was misconstrued and abused to the point of accusing Rick Schwartz of doing a dis-service to the domain industry. The truth is entirely the opposite; I found the editorial very motivating and along with Rick's latest announcement of dropping his active support towards the ICA it's clear that unless we all get on the warpath, this industry will be taken over hostage by the vultures of the corporate world. I was hoping that those of you that were earlier on in the game, would set aside differences and bury the hatchet for once.

Actually, I have tried, but markets are still being grossly manipulated against our best interests. Getting in to bed in this instance means getting Rogered. Thanks, but No Thanks!

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro,

First off, it doesn't matter if the ticket price is $1k or "$1495 and up" because I didn't buy a ticket. I'm sorry if you were offended by me describing the event as a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" kind of affair.

When it comes down to the silent auction, I have to laugh at some of the JUNK that was listed. While some of these names are rather nice (and others are great for SEO), you cant help but deny that a good majority of these are more-or-less crap.

The submitted domain in question would have fell in 21st place at $13,500 (which is what it sold for). Meanwhile, I was on instant messaging a particularly well known domainer that was LAUGHING at prices he was getting and... get this... admitting he submitted a load of garbage just because he had silent auction slots to fill.

Call it whatever you want. I'm not saying Rick is a bad guy or T.R.A.F.F.I.C is a bad conference. Perhaps you should read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and get back to me.

The point is, the system is designed to keep the big guys on top.

I hope I haven't created any bad blood between us, I've learned a lot from your posts and I value your opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know what I've seen.

gtycoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. They keep acting like god almighty, and yet their results still suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators