Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Script like PHPNuke..

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrone

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I need a script for a new site I will be building.

The script needs to allow user uploads, forums, a gallery of some sort, stuff like that. It should be something like PHPNuke.. but it doesn't have to be free.

PLEASE reply or PM me any names of scripts that you know of.

I DON'T want any PMs saying you will write me one, thanks.

Domain Summit 2024

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phrone said:
It should be something like PHPNuke...
Well why not PHPNuke, then?

It's about the best free portal script I can think of, plus there's loads of hacks and mods for it, why not?

PM me if you want me to install it for you...

phrone said:
The script needs to allow user uploads, forums, a gallery of some sort, stuff like that...it doesn't have to be free.

Or if you can afford $160 buy vBulletin then install the vbAdvanced CMPS and all the hacks and that's about the best you can get... but $160 is not small change...

phrone

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I was thinking of using it, and a friend talked me out of it. I have used it a lot in the past and it worked great.. I guess I didn't promote the site like I should have.

This project will be really big and bring in a lot of traffic hopefully.. really catchy name I think :)

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the nuke CMS's have a really horrible security history. there are dozens of other CMS's that do everything you want, just search google a bit.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phrone said:
This project will be really big and bring in a lot of traffic hopefully.. really catchy name I think :)

Well if you're confident that the project will succeed, why not buy a vBulletin licence and do it properly ;-)

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phrone said:
I dont just want forums.
vBulletin isn't just a forum, once you include all the addons. There's a hack for just about everything. Check out vBulletin.org, not .com, and also vbAdvanced.com...

(I can help you install all the hacks if necessary...)

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, basically, vbAdvanced is a hack/add-on for vBulletin that gives you a PHPNuke style homepage, news, login, polls, who's online stats, private messaging etc. Then on top of that you can add all the usuall hacks like the arcade games and forum cash on this board, and many more...

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phrone said:
Thanks for the example.

I need to buy a lisence now, anyone have one for sale?
Good luck, I was trying to find a second-hand licence for about 2 months and in the end I gave up and bought a new one. People do sell them from time to time, but they are fairly rare, and go very quickly, plus you run the risk of being ripped off, (people sell fake licences, or sell the same one to 5 different people, etc). You best bet is to bite the bullet and buy a genuine licence...

Let me know if you need help installing any of the hacks/addons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom