Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

[secretary.com] stolen domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NSI and eNom have said all they will say. NSI said point blank that any more disclosure must be made under a court order.

Let me put this whole thing another way to you:

If you were the fellow who bought a domain from another DNFer, based on public and private promises which are well documented and admitted to, and this whole thing happened to you, and you lost $2000, would you want your money back without alot of baloney?

Would YOU appreciate: the hurdles for restitution getting hiked to the moon, other domainers who attacked you personally, and unreasonably tried to poke holes in your position, and held you to an incredibly high standard that probably even Mother Theresa and F. Lee Bailey combined couldn't achieve?

Or, would you expect the DNF community to all rally together and say simply: "None of us will tolerate a DNF member cheating another member or breaking promises to another member?"

Pick.

Perhaps one day it will not be hypothetical.. perhaps you will be in these very same shoes, so choose carefully.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will not tolerate a DNF member breaking promises to another member!

What can I do to help Hal ?

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hal, I have said all along if the domain was stolen, that Chris owes you some restitution. And you seem to be approaching the "preponderance of evidence" as I mentioned before, which points toward a stolen domain.

But personally, I'm trying not to take sides and that's why my point all along has been- let's see proof it was stolen. Unfortunately, the very people who are in the position to provide that proof (eNom, NSI and Mary) aren't helping, for whatever reason.

Either way, an injustice has been done to you. My point was- let's not create another one, because if Chris pays you 2000.00, and then it turns out the domain wasn't stolen, then HE has been dealt an injustice as well.

Simple binary equation:

EITHER
1) Stolen= It's between you and Chris and Chadwick and the police
OR
2) Not Stolen- It's between you and eNom and NSI and Mary

And if I ever find myself in your unenviable position, I would hope the community would come out for a fair resolution for ALL players (not just you), as it has in this case.

WebCat

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But personally, I'm trying not to take sides and that's why my point all along has been-

WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH TAKING SIDES? SOMETIMES IT IS JUSTIFIED. THE FACTS JUSTIFY IT IN THIS MATTER.

let's see proof it was stolen.

THE PROOF IS SUBMITTED. AND IT IS VERY VERY STRONG.

Unfortunately, the very people who are in the position to provide that proof (eNom, NSI and Mary) aren't helping, for whatever reason.

THEY HAVE SUMMARIZED THEIR FINDINGS. THAT SHOULD BE MORE THAN ADEQUATE FOR THE PURPOSES OF TRIGGERING THE INDEMNIFICATION THAT CHRIS PROMISED.

Either way, an injustice has been done to you.

YES. NOW I NEED TO BE MADE WHOLE.

My point was- let's not create another one, because if Chris pays you 2000.00, and then it turns out the domain wasn't stolen, then HE has been dealt an injustice as well.

WHY ARE YOU FOCUSSING ON SOMETHING WITH SUCH A LOW PROBABILITY? IT IS FANTASY. ALL THE FACTS POINT IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

Simple binary equation:

EITHER
1) Stolen= It's between you and Chris and Chadwick and the police
OR
2) Not Stolen- It's between you and eNom and NSI and Mary

And if I ever find myself in your unenviable position, I would hope the community would come out for a fair resolution for ALL players (not just you), as it has in this case.

I AM NOT SEEKING ANYTHING UNFAIR. ALL I WANT IS FOR CHRIS TO MAKE RESTITUTION TO ME AS HE PROMISED IN PRIVATE AND IN PUBLIC --NUMEROUS TIMES!

IF HE DOESN'T DO SO IN A TIMELY MANNER, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HIM BANNED FROM THIS FORUM. OTHERWISE, IT MAKES A MOCKERY OF FAIR TRADING BETWEEN DNF MEMBERS.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will not tolerate a DNF member breaking promises to another member!

What can I do to help Hal ?
+++++++++

Join me in asking DNF management to tell Chris to make good on his promise of restitution --or be banned.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComCowboy

Join me in asking DNF management to tell Chris to make good on his promise of restitution --or be banned.

If he is banned, you won't get your money back. Why do you want that?

Did you file report with your local police? It's better to go this way to get your money back.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A banning is a loss of like $50, that's not really going to get your $2k back is it?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless I missed something along the way, I thought that Chris had already agreed that the domain name was stolen and that he was obligated to repay. As long as the parties to the dispute agree on the facts, then it doesn't matter whether relying on the circular statement from Enom would or would not be appropriate.

It is also pretty clear that Chris was way too inexperienced to be doing whatever it was he thought he was doing, and that nobody involved bothered to use a simple statement assigning risk of loss (which would have rendered all the "tis" and "tis not" to be irrelevant in any event).

So, and again please correct me if I'm wrong, the only issue remaining is how fast can Chris pay up. Can't two people work out a payment arrangement without hyperventilating?

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless I missed something along the way, I thought that Chris had already agreed that the domain name was stolen and that he was obligated to repay. As long as the parties to the dispute agree on the facts, then it doesn't matter whether relying on the circular statement from Enom would or would not be appropriate.

It is also pretty clear that Chris was way too inexperienced to be doing whatever it was he thought he was doing, and that nobody involved bothered to use a simple statement assigning risk of loss (which would have rendered all the "tis" and "tis not" to be irrelevant in any event).

So, and again please correct me if I'm wrong, the only issue remaining is how fast can Chris pay up. Can't two people work out a payment arrangement without hyperventilating?
++++++++++++

John,

Thanks for adding some clarity.

Chris,

Can you handle this repayment==>

$100 per week, due by PayPal each Friday.

Let's finalize this and get it done and move on.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bingo. Given the span of time involved, some amount of interest would be appropriate, along with a right to pay off the balance at any time, but if you are willing to accept repayment dollar-for-dollar over a period this long, then it is good to know that you have worked things out.

Incidentally, DCC, can I hire you to collect some of my non-performing accounts?

d:)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spider
A banning is a loss of like $50 ...
Not really. DNF Platinum membership has proven to be worth more than that, and that's also the reason why hundreds of people signed up in the past 6 months or so.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I disagree but thanks for playing.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chris just IMed me and agreed to pay the $100 per week, so hopefully this matter is now resolved.

Thank you.

Damn, John is good.

Hal went from beserk to satisfied with only one post by John in-between.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Despite whatever desire we might have had for a more informative conclusion, if the two principals involved (DotComCowboy and cjmacd) are satisfied with this arrangement as a resolution, then I suggest all of us accept it and allow this thread to fade away while they finish it in the background, and we all get on with business!

WebCat

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The video of Chadwick Horn doing the crime may yet surface! Keep praying!!
Hal, if Chris is willing to pay you without the so-called "irrrefutable proof" you promised, in fact with no definitive proof at all, then that's between you and him. I'm happy for you! Be glad and let it go.

Your sarcasm adds nothing to the quality of the questions or the answers. IMO, this thread should be closed now.

WebCat

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hal, if Chris is willing to pay you without the so-called "irrrefutable proof" you promised,
+++++++++++++++++

That is non-sense.

The irrefutable proof that title to the [secretary.com] domain was no good has already been posted to this thread.

It is the official press release from Mary Gallegos, a state representative in the state of Oregon.

It is further buttressed by the summary information from NSI and eNom alleging that Chadwick Horn has stolen dozens of other names. The icing on the cake may be fact there are other known domain names and victims, and that Chadwick has disappeared and ceased communication with his former "partner."

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't resist this one. Please take it in the vein intended....

"It is the official press release from Mary Gallegos, a state representative in the state of Oregon. "

Not to be confused with:

http://www.mjnews.us

...the official press release of the King of Pop on planet Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom