Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sedo cancelled my Auctions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Raja-

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you post anywhere anything like "make a $60 offer and I will send the domain to auction"?

-Raja-

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you post anywhere anything like "make a $60 offer and I will send the domain to auction"?

Yes, but why, Anything wrong?

I do not know who the buyer is.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've always said that people that do that on forums are abusing the auction system. Enticing someone to start an auction when there are no bids, is not an auction like on eBay. Sedo definitely wants to crack down on such abuse for an obvious reason: these sales have very low ending bids - usually under $100. Sedo's cut of 10% is like a Burger King lunch for two.

-Raja-

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont think that might be the reason for this. Anyhow lets not jump to conclusions on our own.

@ Acro: Just sent you a PM with some interesting Info.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Frankly, I see no other reason. Enticing people to place starting bids or indicating that a domain on sale on Sedo is "in auction" when it has no bids, is apparently looked down by Sedo. But why don't you ask them?

-Raja-

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I see no other reason. Enticing people to place starting bids or indicating that a domain on sale on Sedo is "in auction" when it has no bids, is apparently looked down by Sedo. But why don't you ask them?

Thanks Acro. Just Sent an email to Them.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always said that people that do that on forums are abusing the auction system. Enticing someone to start an auction when there are no bids, is not an auction like on eBay.
Enticing people to place starting bids or indicating that a domain on sale on Sedo is "in auction" when it has no bids, is apparently looked down by Sedo.
You've nailed it.

-Raja-

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

Received a reply from sedo earlier today.

They said that the buyer account was suspious nothing wrong at my end or the way i promted them for sale.

I think i was a bit too fast on the things.

Cheers!!

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

Received a reply from sedo earlier today.

They said that the buyer account was suspious nothing wrong at my end or the way i promted them for sale.

I think i was a bit too fast on the things.

Cheers!!

Nice! You are a lucky man :)

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surely saying 'A $60 bid will start an auction' is perfectly fine..?
Fair enough if it ends at $60, SEDO get $6 BUT a sale is a sale.. Think of all the crap on ebay..

If i worked for SEDO it would annoy me, Yes. BUT If SEDO were to cancel auctions started in such a way, I think there would be a public uprising...
JMO

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A public uprising by the little league?
Give me a break. Those that beg for a $60 bid should be banished from Sedo auctions. It's as good as a shill.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A public uprising by the little league?
Give me a break. Those that beg for a $60 bid should be banished from Sedo auctions. It's as good as a shill.

I dont mean people who ask people to bid without real interest, but if I make a thread selling names and say for example:

"xxxxxx.com BIN $400, $60 at SEDO starts an auction"
Its not a form of begging.. its saying if you want the name, and will pay $60 for it, then potentially it is yours...

I feel SEDO would get a LOT of grief if this was not allowed because its how many auctions ARE started, and some lead to big sales.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I already explained why IMO these are low interest sales and Sedo's commission is peanuts. Therefore they have little interest in handling a gazillion $60 - $90 auctions.

On the subject of auction definition, I am against listing as "External Auctions" or as auctions of any kind, links to Sedo offer pages that do not have any bids already.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me think there is definitely synchronicity in the universe. I've just been emailing SEDO about this exact thing and I keep getting the same exact canned response which is REALLY annoying (... and says a lot about their company, imo :rolleyes:)

So, I was hoping to do this with one of my domains. but are you saying this is not allowed or looked down on? Besides the forum, where else then? The advantage of listing an external auction is that you can advertise it on all forums and get many more domainers to look at it, whereas if you put auction on 1 forum only then your audience is limited, so you should expect less of a pool of potential bidders. That is my logic anyway.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I already explained why IMO these are low interest sales and Sedo's commission is peanuts. Therefore they have little interest in handling a gazillion $60 - $90 auctions.

On the subject of auction definition, I am against listing as "External Auctions" or as auctions of any kind, links to Sedo offer pages that do not have any bids already.

Im referring to names such as LLL.com.
I have seen a few times people say $60 will send this to auction. Thats not a low interest sale....?

Then there is the crapname.com example. Someone says $60 will send this to auction, someone bids, then randomly a company called 'Crap Name' sees it, and it sells for $xx,xxx.

It sucks all the $60, 1 bid auctions, especially when you are looking for something good BUT... see above examples.

Regarding your 2nd point, I completely agree.

-Raja-

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I was hoping to do this with one of my domains. but are you saying this is not allowed or looked down on? Besides the forum, where else then?

Try PushToAuction.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Whoever gets an answer from Sedo, please let us know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom