Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo Parking Income Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am unique or it is just a sudden blip in the general trend down in parking income but my Sedo PPC income has dropped by almost exactly 33% starting in November. This is approximately co-concurrent with Sedo changing their minimum commission to $50 unless you both park there and pre-price your names. I have got to wonder if Sedo is responding to current market conditions by simply going cheap on their customers. To me this sort of looks like the pizza place that cuts half the pepperoni and cheese from their pizza while keeping the same price. To me it isn't odd that parking is going down but it is odd that it went down by what almost seems to be a set amount at a pretty specific time.

I also take exception to the idea of pricing all of your domains. Sedo is of the (largely erroneous) view that ever domain has a fairly settable fair market value. Unfortunately each domain is unique (good, bad, or mediocre) and setting an actual value is mostly impossible. Selling a domain is a negotiation process where both the customer and the buyer come to a mutually agreeable price. Given that most domains sell for under $500 (probably much less) this new policy is a problem. Especially with regard to lower value names, I often don't know exactly what I want and we have all had the wonderful (and rare) situation where some just offered you $1,000 for a name that you almost dumped (or sometimes you already have dumped but that's another story)! Now parking at Sedo, alone, at least, nets you no favors and they may have just pulled the pepperoni off the pizza too.

Oh, and the new website stinks. In many cases there isn't even a 'home' link on pages. You have to either go back in your browser or log in again. Having a 'home' link on every page is web 101. And the girl starring at me on nearly every page isn't so much appealing as it is sorta creepy. Even Go Daddy drops the 'Go Daddy Girl' stuff after the first page or two. The old site was admittedly a little dated but it was very functional. The new pages offer not one new feature as best as I can tell and some of the old features are hard to find or use. Some links which should be graphical are typographical instead and are a bit hard to physically hit even. This site wasn't (and isn't) ready for prime time. As was noted by someone else, It looks like a template site and has the awkward functionality of one in many ways as well. For a local ma & pa business its passable. I hate to be so hard but for a supposedly cutting edge web business its embarrassing.

I'm not really happy and I used to be.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is my lowest month yet on Sedo, but it's followed by my highest month... I've moved my domains to CPA programs to see how they fair over CPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom