Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SedoPro - new landers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I red on another forum (please don't ban me :)) that Sedo is going to launch an improved version of the landing system. A preview can be found for this domain:

freegames.se

Looks very nice and catchy to me, anyone know more about this?

I can't wait

Bye!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That looks like someone was sick on my screen... :)

Yes there is a Program Called SEDOPRO™ however I dont think that would be the landing page.. as I understand it; there is some creative licence to members of SEDOPRO™.. check out http://whois.sc/sedopro.com :p

However all the details are very Hush Hush and anyone signing up to it are not alowed to discuss it, as the Program is Contractual.. so dont expect too many people spilling the beans on this one..

As far as I know SedoPro is for Veteran SEDO'ers and the SEDO™ Whales. However dont feel left out, as this gives you something to aspire to.

The SEDO Landing pages are tried and tested.. so they tell me.. but after many years I personally think they are subject to page blindness...

Personally I think you should have a choice of CSS designs just to clean out the white noise these pages are becoming..

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, sorry but that landing page color hurt my face...I'm sure everyone wants to look now..lmao

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I am a glutten for Punishment I have a few thousand domains now using this new template.. so will let you know how it goes.. so far the CTR is less than normal.. perhaps its just too much Fuchsia for the clickers..

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi namestrands,

Thanks for posting the link. I didn't click anything anywhere on the site.

The design surely needs getting used to, but I think it's better than the
current parking page design. It looks more like a real website, although it
doesn't have any targeted headers at the moment (i.e. like ParkingSite).

Do you know if there are any requirements you must need in order to be
accepted for their SedoPro parking program? Or are partners not allowed
to discuss details?

J2theIZZO

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there any obvious difference when you login to the site?, only differnce i've noticed so far is my optimisation tab has disappeared.

Dodo, not sure how much we can/can't discuss....still early days yet I think it's going though some fine tuning.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I am not a partner.. I guess I am a beta tester.. as I have a few thousand domains it will be a good indication of the success or failure of the pages.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got also email from them, if I wanted to be a beta tester
But I really don`t have many parked there

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well ClickThru Rate has actually increased by about 2% overall. However that Fuchsia Color I just cant deal with :-( it aint easy on the eyes... reminds me of an episode of Queer Eye For the Straight Guy...

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems that I'm the only one who likes the beta landers. Too much space anyway between title, description and link. If Sedo group them closer, they would be more uable and readable.

I like it. Aggressive and have something more "personal" that the usual trash look. But i agree that CTR is the judge.

Keep us informed about the beta program please, namestrands!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong.. what I think is of no real importance with regards to the color scheme.. all I care about is the conversion and if the conversion rate is higher then you goto go with that.. but saying that I would love to know what demographic it is appealing to. Information is power and great for marketing..

However it is of my opinion that residents of the western world would find this more appealing due to the fact that the the related searches are on the left hand side.. and as we read from left to right it makes more sense...

Now there are times when I think SEDO marketing is something to be desired, this little change.. and I do mean little change could see a huge increase over the whole network.. whether or not that was part of some great marketing plan or just a fluke.. SEDO is like the Phoenix.. that just keeps rising from the ashes.

Now all they need to do is add some of my other suggested features in the form of XML Portfolio Syndication.. I would bet that most of the users on here would love to syndicate there portfolio and/or stats for the purpose of getting sales exposure on there respective sites.

I have already managed to create a feed from sedos featured listings.. albeit took me about 14 hours to strip and recode, but its realtime and it works well in my sites.. and has already generated interest.

So I think its time for SEDO to step up and be pioneers of the PPC programs and not Just Sheep. Syndication would Create MASSIVE exposure for SEDOs top domains.. forget SEDO banners get realtime syndication. I want too see more of my domains sell.. its not just about the parking..

I think the new Landing Pages is a great start but its nothing new. We need Inovation not Imitation..

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you namestrands. Sedo, in my opinion, could be the first, but everytime i'm disappointed by this bug, that problem... I feel so uncertain about everything, so unstable when i look at the features!

And when you say we need innovation, not imitation, you're su right. We know that what has been developed in PPC until now works and pays, but we still don't know what is better than this. No one want to risk, and i can understand that. But by developing different focus groups inside Sedo's customer base, with each group testing a variant of something, spontaneously, would pay back. Minimum revenue should be guaranteeed during tests, this may sound expensive: but how much does research cost, and how much does research count? Research made Google, which was in some way a "new comer" in the internet era, the first internet company today, and all the others "ex-big", are now empty boxes. At least for me.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domaister said:
And when you say we need innovation, not imitation, you're su right. We know that what has been developed in PPC until now works and pays, but we still don't know what is better than this. No one want to risk, and i can understand that. But by developing different focus groups inside Sedo's customer base, with each group testing a variant of something, spontaneously, would pay back. Minimum revenue should be guaranteeed during tests, this may sound expensive: but how much does research cost, and how much does research count? Research made Google, which was in some way a "new comer" in the internet era, the first internet company today, and all the others "ex-big", are now empty boxes. At least for me.

And there is a lot more testing to come. The new landers, that we've tested so far, are a single element of something much larger. I think you'll be pleased with what's to come.

Jay
[email protected]

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Topical Landing is the way to go. Where as you could have that awful fucshia for domains that are female product related or some other namby pamby stuff..

We need pages to match the verticals.

FYI Clickthrough rate has dropped on the Fucshia Pages..

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New landers and the project is ok. But ALL my clicks on Sedo lowered to 0.03 euro from 0.27 max-0.07 min it's too much for me. Also if you have such plans, this is forcing me to change PPC company.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lmao.. They ripped off my slogan.. I designed a banner for my site for SEDO about 6 weeks ago and now I see it on there Sedo Pro Logo.. as there banners were,, well I am sure you can imagine

IT PAYS TO PARK was the slogan I came up with

sedobanner.gif

Well you gotta laugh I guess.

logo-sedopro.gif

couldn't come up with there own slogan so they used mine

Well I am glad to help.... and perhaps a thank you would of been nice.

Will need to post all my Parking Program Artwork now.. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com