Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Should Duke buy Dnjournal.us?

Should Duke pay $8.95 to reg Dnjournal.us?

• Yes - At least for defensive purposes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No - Even if he did reg it, the chances are slim anyone else will

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gregr
I changed my mind. I don't like Duke. :)

He wrote at DNJournal:

The April 13 auction was cancelled after the new owners apparently ran into some problems with the auction software (the Java based client has been plagued with intermittent bugs).

If you spent more hours here, you'd know the new regime didn't make a DNS entry for auction.dnforum.com or *.dnforum.com and that's why the auction was cancelled. Not problems with the auction software. :eek:

Didn't you see that I used the universally recognized media "cover you ass" word "apparently"? :) It has been corrected. Thanks for the tip!

While you're here, are you ready to give me all of the details on the forum transaction (OK we can leave out the hooker part, but I am still interested in that satchel full of large denomination bills :) ).

Seriously, when the new guys get settled in I plan to contact all parties and do a piece on the forum, including what is planned for the months ahead. I was already in touch with Chuck from the new crew today so the groundwork is being laid.

Domain Summit 2024

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looked pretty serious to me. Just looking at the logic in some of the posts.

The only thing that didnt make sense was Duke's heavy name calling and intensity, considering his good reputation and dnjournal.com offerings...

I guess whatever it takes to raise pageviews ... actually I didn't know that's how it worked with alexa.

It's been educational.

You guys are good.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by peaceful
It looked pretty serious to me. Just looking at the logic in some of the posts.

The only thing that didnt make sense was Duke's heavy name calling and intensity, considering his good reputation and dnjournal.com offerings...

I guess whatever it takes to raise pageviews ... actually I didn't know that's how it worked with alexa.

It's been educational.

You guys are good.

You're right Peaceful - it can be intense because you don't enter any fight to lose, even if it is a "virtual" fight (though some could argue with some merit that both sides lose face in a flame war) . Also, it is pretty serious at the time you are writing because you are writing from an overly heated frame of mind. That doesn't really subside completely until the tension is broken when the war ends. Only then do you see the excesses that are obvious to everyone else while it is going on.

I guess I've been through enough of them to take an academic view of the whole process, knowing things always come out well in the end. They definitely draw viewers and add a little electricity when things are dull (or serve as a lightning rod when people are PO'ed about something else - like the auction).

I did think a few times about cooling it because of the Journal connection, but I like to let my hair down and party (or brawl) with the guys once in awhile too. I have never made a secret of the fact that I liked the Wild West atmosphere here. It won't be a regular show though, so don't worry about that. :)

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Duke. The only reason I made that post is because there just seemed to be this negative energy in the air generally -the missed auction (s), people talking about refunds, people angry about not knowing what is going on, angry about the header... and then two prominent members going at it full throttle, it all just seemed out of control and some of it was really intense, imo, especially you with your writing chops.

So I thought I would try and offset it all. The new guys seem nice and like they are trying hard and I felt bad for them.

Anyway, looking forward to your article(s) in

http://www.dnjournal.com

Thanks and gl!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your post was cool Peaceful. I was actually going to stop when you posted because I could see it was really bothering you. However, Izopod then made another post or two that I jumped back in on and we were off to the races again! Hopefully we served as proxies for everyone who was in a POed state of mind and things will return to an even keel in all areas of the forum.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone gave Bid the order to not bomb my house? :laugh:

One thing for sure. I bet Duke didn't wake up this morning thinking he would register Dnjournal.us! ;)

My philosophy on online combat: Your opponent will make a mistake. It is your duty to seize on it and ever so gently make them pay dearly for it.

You are a worthy opponent Duke! I would shake your hand, but I think the free "Signature Marketing" by izopod will do it!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Hopefully someone gave Bid the order to not bomb my house? :laugh:

One thing for sure. I bet Duke didn't wake up this morning thinking he would register Dnjournal.us! ;)

My philosophy on online combat: Your opponent will make a mistake. It is your duty to seize on it and ever so gently make them pay dearly for it.

You are a worthy opponent Duke! I would shake your hand, but I think the free "Signature Marketing" by izopod will do it!

Right on all counts Pod (except maybe the optimistic view that Bid will skip his chance to drop a MOAB on your house). :)

P.S. Is that what Signature Marketing meant all along - putting ads for others in Forum signatures? I never put 2+2 together on that. Definitely a great idea (glad I didn't make too much fun of it. :) )

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

Right on all counts Pod (except maybe the optimistic view that Bid will skip his chance to drop a MOAB on your house). :)

P.S. Is that what Signature Marketing meant all along - putting ads for others in Forum signatures? I never put 2+2 together on that. Definitely a great idea (glad I didn't make too much fun of it. :) )

Yes, SMâ„¢ is some of that, but more. It's a way for people who regularly post at forums to make some money. It's also a way for web site owners to showcase their sites visa via the SMâ„¢ marketing tool. Kind of like CJ, but more intuitive. As someone who likes Biker forums, as well as domain forums, I could as a SMarketerâ„¢ (sounds like Smarketer) make a tidy profit, in one night. Imagine that actually get paid to post. The big thing is that website owners get to choose who they want to carry their product, so they won't just pick anyone. Quality poster=wealthy one=quality forums

It is pure genius if you ask me :D

As far as bid is concerned. I don't worry about him. We've "duked" it out before on another forum. He's committed to his cause, and shouldn't apologize for it. Plus I owe him for the "google advice". I did appreciate the help.

Cheers.

YODD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke.....

I would hate to be on your bad side.

I think you must very well have your reasons for beating down "HARD" on izopod....

I agree that he may not have been correct in his comments as per your hightlights.

I would concentrate your energy on making DNjournal a better information forum .

Just my opinion Duke....

Thanks,

Lorenzo
Dataware

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dataware
Duke.....

I would hate to be on your bad side.

I think you must very well have your reasons for beating down "HARD" on izopod....

I agree that he may not have been correct in his comments as per your hightlights.

You must have just come into this thread. It's best to not go there since you would have had to read an entire thread to include this one .

Some more advice: Never use "passive" words like "may" or "must very well have". It either is or isn't. ;)

Now run along....

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Hey DUKE! DNJournal.biz is available!

Now don't you start in on me too Mole! :)

Hmmm....a special edition of DNJournal devoted to .biz.

These second thoughts are starting to get costly. I think I'd better ponder that one some more and see how things develop. Of course if Izopod was willing to give me two MONTHS of free advertising on his sig line.....:)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

Of course if Izopod was willing to give me two MONTHS of free advertising on his sig line.....:)

:eek: :sad: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators