Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Single Word Domain, Carousel.org, 15 Yrs Old, PR4, 1st page Google, Developed Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Single Word Domain: Carousel [dot] org,

- Single word domain.
- Aged domain: 15 Yrs Old
- PR4 (Used to be PR5)
- 1st and 2nd page Google for "carousel" related keywords including "carousel".
- Developed Site.
- CPC is ~ $1 for "carousel"
- 90,500 exact search volume per month for "carousel"
- Godaddy Appraisal: $16,692 - $24,327

Godaddy appraisal link: http://auctions.godaddy.com/apprais...644C325E-F601-4482-A743-F0F340CB8701&prog_id=

* Hard to see Godaddy appraise for 4 figure for domain name.

Transaction through Escrow.

Feel free to send your offer.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
1. No PR according to CheckPageRank.net
2. Googling info:carousel.org and site:carousel.org returns nothing. The domain appears to be banned.
3. Not in the first 5 pages of Google. Obvious, because of #2
4. Not a developed site, it's merely a domain parked with Epik. Which is probably part of the problem.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Acro for pointing that out. Just check it and u r right.

I was also not aware of that. Not sure what's wrong. I haven't done anything wrong to the domain. I just checked 2-3 weeks ago, the domain was PR4. It was ranked 1st page for "carousel" and other carousel related keywords.

It could be the competitor sabotage by giving overnight backlinks or something. Need to check it out. This issue can be resolved with some steps. Or if anyone here has any experience about this, would appreciate if you can share.

It is not a parked page. The site was developed and charged by Epik for ~ $250 years ago if I remember correctly.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'll be fair: the keyword is stellar, the domain is aged and there are several uses for it, all positive. However, Epik's domains are on the fly content generators that received a lot of heat not too long ago, after Google banned them en masse. I would suggest removing the domain from the Epik DNS and setting up a wordpress blog or even 3 simple HTML pages with proper meta tags to see how it will recover.

DomainMentor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Acro. Great to have some suggestion from an experienced domainer like you.

But seriously, Epik has bad reputation with Google? Never knew about that. I was thinking of getting out of Epik and building the site myself months ago but keep postponing to take that action. Thanks for letting me know. Need to build the site myself soon.

Maybe I can build a shop site promoting carousel products.

Thanks again, Acro.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A year ago, Epik stores sharing the same server were banned: http://www.domainstryker.com/epik-product-portals-google-banned/

Not sure if this is related currently. It's very easy for Google to decide nowadays whether an entire 'content farm' should be removed from the Google index. See how eHow.com fell in popularity after Google released 'Panda 2.0'.

Again, nothing wrong with the domain but its Google placement points at Epik as the primary issue.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a widespread issue with Epik right now, but I found at least a random domain, http://www.jetmixer.com that fails to show up in Google. It's an Epik store site, using the same DNS. Others that I checked come up. Epik has more than 10,000 domains 'parked' or 'developed' - whichever your choice of words might be. My advice is to switch DNS and check it out. Even parking it at Sedo would seem a better choice! Best of luck.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I would give it a couple of days for the DNS to propagate, then submit it to Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators