Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Snapname Acquiring Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainboysCA

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I went after a domain name which is now displaying in my account as acquiring domain however I noticed the whois changed and updated to some registrar company. Does this mean I lost it even thought it still says, "Acquiring Name"?

Thanks for your help and understanding.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends, it will say that for all domains that are in the process of dropping or being released that you have added to your account. It does not mean it has caught the name though. Sometimes there is a delay but usually if the domain dropped today, if it does not show up in your account history or in your auction panel by tonight, that means someone else probably caught it. If you PM me the name I can probably tell you right now where it ended up based on whois.

domainboysCA

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your help and sent you a PM.

Thanks.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames uses a number of third party companies to register dropping domains. I wouldn't read anything into what you saw until you hear something directly from them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you will get an email from snapnames, that confirms whether they caught the domain for you or not.

then if you won the name, you will get another email from them, telling you what registrar holds the domain.

if it's a new registrar other than moniker, then you'll receive login and password for account, that the domain has been placed in, in your name.

imo....

domainboysCA

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Biggie. It was unsuccessful. I haven't been able to get SnapNames to grab a dropped domain yet. Luck of the draw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom