Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Snapnames auction history

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberto

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the difference?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Halvarez does on ocassion raise the bids to high thousands.

paradise

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just had Halverez pitch up against me at Snapnames - three times in the past week. On the first two auctions, he/she/it didn't bid any further. On the third, he took me on but gave up as it's a name I've wanted for ages and I held on for the ride. Seems to me from reading this and other threads on the net that Halverez is a Snapnames script of some sort!?

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Halverez is the bid alias of a SnapNames customer, not a "SnapNames script of some sort." SnapNames does not participate as a bidder in the auctions that we run.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kjel said:
Halverez is the bid alias of a SnapNames customer, not a "SnapNames script of some sort."

OK, but they're talking about halvarez not halverez

Sorry about being a pedant.

p.s. Sorry, I see one of the posters did say halverez instead of halvarez.

Everyone knows that the person is halvarez ;-)

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I'm sorry about not being able to type. "Halvarez" is what I intended above.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KJel,
Do you know 'halvarez?'

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I've backordered a great domain (my first with Snapnames). They've done well and catched it. Unfortunately 'halvarez' (and another domainer) placed a bid on that name too.

I suppose it's a kind of script working there (or maybe a rich domainer).

By the way, that name was backordered at Godaddy too; they've failed to catch it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Avensen, I bet you're under the impression that you're the sole chaser of worthwhile domains.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So the one million dollar question is: is halvarez a DNF member? I think everyone expects him/her to come over here to justify his massive domain shopping spree lol

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would you risk that freekin income to make an extra thousand bucks ?

If Snapnames added a few hundred to each name, instead of 50K to 500K per day they would make over 1 million easy, not an extra thousand. Except for the tax, oops they don't pay tax.
Seems like typos and trademark leeching is still very much alive.

Why doesn't a TM law team investigate ?

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bobby, to your earlier question, no, I have never actually met "Halvarez", so I wouldn't say that I know him. I do know that he is an actual person though, if that is what you are getting at.

To the comments above, I'm not sure how to respond. I don't know how we would "add" money to each name, as each auction is closed and everyone in it can see exactly who is bidding what. And tax? Granted, I am pretty dense, but I can't at all figure what sort of point you are trying to make by saying that we "don't pay tax." Sorry Bobby, you've totally lost me.

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What? An entire thread about Snapnames drops and nobody mentions the almighty Vaxis? I'll admit, I've never been one-on-one with halvarez, but plenty of times with Vaxis, Bonkers, Saggydimes and Benfranklin. Some I get; a lot I don't.

Set a limit going in, or else it can get ugly at the end of the month ... as my wife can attest.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know how we would "add" money to each name,

I'm not nieve or stupid.
You, if you are a rep from snapnames, you could look up the max bid and bid it up. You could use any name, "Halvarez", bonkers", "saggydimes"
I'm not saying you or anyone from your company does, I'm just saying it is possible. Right?
Just like bidding someone up on an ebay auction, that scam has only been around since the first Ferrari was sold.

I wouldn't say that I know him
strange, no one said "halvarez" was a him. Interesting assumption.
If someone was sending me the money halvarez sends to your company, I would want to meet him.

but I can't at all figure what sort of point you are trying to make by saying that we "don't pay tax."

bobdigital said:
Except for the tax, oops they don't pay tax.
I mean the domain purchasers don't pay tax, yet.
This is in reference to adding fees to drive up the final cost

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See times and increments of the bids

I would say it's nigh on physically impossible to manually input bids with the speed those bids were raised ;)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't trust any of these drop companies. They could easily run a shill bidder scam to up their profits. It's just too easy for them to do so and with the drop companies unregulated why not?

Has any drop company subjected themselves to an outside audit to ensure credibility? WHY should we trust them?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
90%+ of the times he doesn't bid at all.

I believe halvarez is DomainQueue, your right about him not being a big bidder, but if a domain has potentially high traffic, he's not afraid to bid. If it's a resale name, he either doesnt bid at all or bids very low. Most of the names we battled were resale and I won everytime.:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators