Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Someone claimed that he built one of the top 10 domain porfolio in 2 and half years

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whoever the guy is, he makes good points and astute observations about the domain industry.
I would like to see his portfolio too, because the glimpse of it didn't look great :)

Domain Summit 2024

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted this on domaining.com:

FacingTheAbsurd.com = Jan Barta = Elephant-Traffic.com = Elephant-Orchestra.com
In their own words "Elephant Orchestra is a dynamic and fast-growing internet media company based in Prague, in the Czech Republic. Our core businesses are Direct Navigation and Lead Generation." Jan Barta is the chairman.

If he is Jan Barta, it is different from whois of FacingtheAbsurd.com and also Jan Barta has been in the internet industry since 1999 apparently.

https://www.elephant-traffic.com/about/

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am pretty sure it's him and he looks older than his age because of all of the partying (success) ;)

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's see.....claims to be taking in $20k a day...or $7,300,000 a year after 2 1/2 years startup.
I am skeptical to say the least, but who knows.

Maybe he will put out a course like the "Arbitrage Conspiracy"....that character charged about $3k to show "everyone" how to make $50,000 a day. lol

As they say "where's the beef". For starters, media articles on the guy from Czech Republic?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i was thinking if it's czech republic and rapidly growing then it must be elephant orchestra
many nice domains too.
i was looking at them coincidentally recently and marvelling how they have grown
dont bid on their domains at sedo, just when you're close to closing they send to auction. sorry had to warn everyone lol

also they seem to be doing the rounds at all the conferences these days, if it is them i guess this is a well thought out ploy for self promotion against what they originally claim its not.
dont get me wrong im all for self promotion, who else is gonna do it? lol

expect banners etc to appear and links etc soon
also they're linking to the usual suspects themselves

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The one thing I would be affraid of is one solid lawsuit where you loose or have to settle wipes you out :)

There have been at least a couple examples where companies like verizon can have you settle for millions.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you saying John Stevens = Jan Barta ?

http://whois.domaintools.com/facingtheabsurd.com

The blog domain was freshy registered just last month.

Previous UDRP on case he/she won using the same .CZ email address say's this: "...1.2 The Respondent is Mary Lamb, of 111 Lamb Street Nairobi, Kenya."

Registrant:
John Stevens
Belize

Domain Name: FACINGTHEABSURD.COM
Created on: 19-Feb-10
admin contact: Stevens, John
knedlo-vepro-zelo/AT/seznam.cz

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David, the portfolio is mainly TM's which clearly would be tied to false whois. Jan is a good guy I am sure but bragging about your tm portfolio being worth millions is stupid.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
David, the portfolio is mainly TM's which clearly would be tied to false whois. Jan is a good guy I am sure but bragging about your tm portfolio being worth millions is stupid.

Was not aware of that or knew who Jon Barta was.

Even so, 7 million dollars in year revenue is beyond amazing.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was not aware of that or knew who Jon Barta was.

Even so, 7 million dollars in year revenue is beyond amazing.

Yes and what is amazing is how he is seemingly bragging about it. Lets say I was verizon/dell/disney/microsoft, anyone half way big and I discover this group owns a typo name or 4 of mine and is infringing. Let me see they are bragging about making millions, do I just C&D them or hit them up for $100K each?

What he has done is great regardless of how you view it from a pure dollar perspective, what he is doing now is foolish. He tried the generic route a bit for a time, remember mr.org and 11.com? He has bought and sold a bunch but generics are not the source here, after getting lucky once or twice he soon discovered he was overpaying from what I could tell. TM's are so much easier.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all of the hot shots in this industry have financed their nice generic portfolios with revenue from tasted / potentially tm names... kevin ham, oversee, even frank schilling got in some of the action

they got away with it because they mostly stayed under the radar

anyways, let mr. barta do whatever he wants to.... get off his d*ck :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all of the hot shots in this industry have financed their nice generic portfolios with revenue from tasted / potentially tm names... kevin ham, oversee, even frank schilling got in some of the action

they got away with it because they mostly stayed under the radar

anyways, let mr. barta do whatever he wants to.... get off his d*ck :)
sure, don't know why he brags about it though. its just going to bring unwanted attention.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly, no one is naive to how most big players built revenue machines, they can claim ignorance " oh it must have come in a package " etc but at least that is the opposite of bragging.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

lets try this again...

jan barta, of elephant traffic and elephant orchestra, is the one who is blogging over at facingtheabsurd.com

he writes everything....... as for who john stevens is, who knows and who even cares? :)

Ok. Whois data confused me.

If that's the case, Jan Barta is not new to domain and website development business. He started buying a domain in 1999 or may be earlier and developed a site and sold. Therefore it is wrong to say he took only 2 and half years but in fact he had been in internet business since 1999. I think Frank Shilling only started in internet business in 2001 or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom