Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Spamarama on DNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is the spring weather or other seasonal allergies, but I am getting quite a bit of unsolicited PM's from members trying to entice me to visit their sites or buy their names.

Now, I understand that we are all here at a place on the interweb because we have a common interest in these domains.

Seriously, I had to explain to one member what spam was and that, yes...getting unsolicited PM's on a forum is essentially spam and that, no...spam is not just something that comes in an unsolicited email.

I understand that we have nOObs here on the forum and that they may not know the forum policies.

So, whatcha say, nOObs...how bout we strike a deal...if you have something to sell, post it on the forum. If I am interested, I'll buy it. If you have a site, put it in the advertising section and if I am interested in your site's content, I'll visit. Just don't assume that because we all share a common interest (domains) grants you the right to systematically contact members via PM simply because you have access to us.

Peace and everyone have a fine spring!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get PM's every now and then for LLLL names and sometimes random names. However, I don't know if I still have an 'open' WTB listing. I thought they would expire after a 2-3 months or someone would have common sense to no longer send names after that period of time. I suppose I'll go back and edit my old posts to see if I still get them and then start reporting.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had noobs sending me PM messages for as long as I can recall on here, usually for crappy names that are not worth reg fee! I have however picked up some nice domains CHEAPLY through unsolicited PM messages :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can always quote the pm and report it... if you want to.

as I've sent pm's to a few newbs recently about such actions.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators