Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Special treatment" to some sellers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Sedo has been making me dizzy for quite some time now.

I know that there are only 2 ways to auction my domains, from an offer I received or Premium Auction. I know about sedo brokerage too. The minimum requirement is that the generic domain must receive at least 2,500 visitors per month.

Well, I guess there's nothing wrong with pushing my luck a little, right? So I sent my domain applications to sedo, in hoping that they can help auction them.

The next day, all of my generic ccTLDs have been rejected by sedo because there's no traffic and did not sufficiently fulfill the quality criteria necessary (Q).

"Okay, that's fine with me," I thought.

Then, along came these generic ccTLD names being auctioned as we speak, with reserve not met, with ZERO bidding, and with NO traffic whatsoever.

I think I can smell "special treatment" to some sellers, so sedo would do anything, including breaking their own rules, to make them happy.

What do you think?

Domain Summit 2024

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Sedo has been making me dizzy for quite some time now.

I know that there are only 2 ways to auction my domains, from an offer I received or Premium Auction. I know about sedo brokerage too. The minimum requirement is that the generic domain must receive at least 2,500 visitors per month.

Well, I guess there's nothing wrong with pushing my luck a little, right? So I sent my domain applications to sedo, in hoping that they can help auction them.

The next day, all of my generic ccTLDs have been rejected by sedo because there's no traffic and did not sufficiently fulfill the quality criteria necessary (Q).

"Okay, that's fine with me," I thought.

Then, along came these generic ccTLD names being auctioned as we speak, with reserve not met, with ZERO bidding, and with NO traffic whatsoever.

I think I can smell "special treatment" to some sellers, so sedo would do anything, including breaking their own rules, to make them happy.

What do you think?

Well, you might be right in this case but i am not sure about what they call
"Quality" criteria and what factors are involved to evaluate a domain's eligibility. I have seen so many domains in premium auctions where there is less traffic ( <2500/month) at sedo.
It has happened to me several times that i sent them my generic names (Dot Com's and not ccTld's) but they rejected saying that they doesn't meet the "Quality"? Criteria.

I am Still trying to learn their calculation.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen people with a dozen names on auction at a given time, so I think some sellers may have connections with the brokers.
But the selection process is obviously subjective. Also, it's not whether the name is premium, but whether it has chances of selling.

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's not whether the name is premium, but whether it has chances of selling.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I'm getting that.

When you own generic names, you're guaranteed sales, regardless the final price.

And besides, the generic ccTLDs being auctioned right now on sedo, none of them has a bidder. 0. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Chances of being sold? The same as my <sorry> junk.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you own generic names, you're guaranteed sales, regardless the final price.
Define 'generic'. Is paydayloan.cc generic ? ;)
And besides, the generic ccTLDs being auctioned right now on sedo, none of them has a bidder. 0. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Chances of being sold? The same as my <sorry> junk.
I agree there are names that do not belong. The same thing could be said about Traffic and other venues BTW. It's all subjective.

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, here's the update...

I've been doin' some research on Sedo with my powerful, super, ultra, highly sophisticated, one-of-a-kind, pro domaining software tool a few minutes ago. I’ve dug deep enough to collect this shocking information…

Fact 1: This mysterious seller has been a member since May 2008. ~ A lot younger than me.

Fact 2: One of his/her domains; xxxxxx.info has been scheduled for Sedo Premium Auction in Sep/18/08 to Sep/25/08. ~ NONE of my generic dot info domains have been accepted for premium auction.

Fine.

But I’m not over yet.

Fact 3: I looked into the whois record and found out that the xxxxxx.info was registered on 2008/09/08 – That’s LESS than a week ago! ~ ALL of my generic domains are older than a week!

I mean, C’MON, guys...

This is beyond subjective. This is discrimination.

And they haven’t seen my photo yet.

If women dumped me just because I’m so ugly, I call that subjective.
If my boss fired me just because I’m richer than him, I call that subjective.
If people punched me just because the color of my skin, I call that subjective.
If people spitted on my face just because my religion, I call that subjective.

BUT…

If Sedo rejected my domains just because they were having some bad hair day, I call that discrimination.

All this is valid evidence that I can push to the court.

What do you think?

Last edited:

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, here's the update...

I've been doin' some research on Sedo with my powerful, super, ultra, highly sophisticated, one-of-a-kind, pro domaining software tool a few minutes ago. I’ve dug deep enough to collect this shocking information…

Fact 1: This mysterious seller has been a member since May 2008. ~ A lot younger than me.

Fact 2: One of his/her domains; xxxxxx.info has been scheduled for Sedo Premium Auction in Sep/18/08 to Sep/25/08. ~ NONE of my generic dot info domains have been accepted for premium auction.

Fine.

But I’m not over yet.

Fact 3: I looked into the whois record and found out that the xxxxxx.info was registered on 2008/09/08 – That’s LESS than a week ago! ~ ALL of my generic domains are older than a week!

I mean, C’MON, guys...

This is beyond subjective. This is discrimination.

And they haven’t seen my photo yet.

If women dumped me just because I’m so ugly, I call that subjective.
If my boss fired me just because I’m richer than him, I call that subjective.
If people punched me just because the color of my skin, I call that subjective.
If people spitted on my face just because my religion, I call that subjective.

BUT…

If Sedo rejected my domains just because they were having some bad hair day, I call that discrimination.

What do you think?

Highly shocking! Now i got why my some premium names were not accepted for auctions. The slot might have been reserved by some undeserved names.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

What do you think?
Go to court ?
You're pushing it a bit too far. Auction listing is a privilege, not a God-given right. The process is clearly subjective but Sedo owes you nothing.

rebirth

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nah. I'm not going to take this matter to court literally.

I'm just saying that I was 100% right and I have a valid evidence to proof it.

Sedo is beyond subjective. They almost, always, all the time, no questions asked, prefer european domains FROM european members. If you're from Timbuktu, you won't get a chance. Even if your mother is the president. Even if you own hundreds of generic & premium names.

Unless you own sex.com.

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They all do it!
They are all The Premier Industry Leader That Knows Everything About Domains ...
Get Sedo's list of their next Premium Auction here:
https://sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?auctionevent=greatdomains&language=e

Get Monikers list of their next T.R.A.F.F.I.C. auction here:
http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/files/Auction_Inventory_TNYC08.xls

Take a look to their requirements ...
Most domains do not meet the required quality!

Over the years, we have submitted hundreds of domains that did meet the requirements.
None was ever accepted for any auction or featured listing on any auction or forum.
Unless we paid for some listing upgrade.

Yeah ...
Getting on auction is not a God given right.
But this is business, and people should do what they say or say nothing at all.

Value estimation?
They say domains are worth such and so, using non-transparent formula's and mixing op domain (address) elements with web content (account elements), and ignoring everything about the status of seller and buyer business and private status (while those are most relevant).

Maybe, we are all of us guilty.
Domain buyers are usually resellers that buy low to sell high(er).
Everybody likes to sell, but nobody likes to pay.

Give to Sedo what belongs to Sedo etc.
But don't give them everything ...

Watch out: IMHO there is a paradigm shift going on in domaining.
Trend setters are now cashing.
Trend watchers hop in.
Who comes last is a looser.

Why do those companies don't abide by their own rules?
-> Because they are in a position that they can?
-> Because they are in a position that they have no alternative?

No Panic Now!
Patience ...

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They all do it!
They are all The Premier Industry Leader That Knows Everything About Domains ...
Get Sedo's list of their next Premium Auction here:
https://sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?auctionevent=greatdomains&language=e

Get Monikers list of their next T.R.A.F.F.I.C. auction here:
http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/files/Auction_Inventory_TNYC08.xls

Take a look to their requirements ...
Most domains do not meet the required quality!

Over the years, we have submitted hundreds of domains that did meet the requirements.
None was ever accepted for any auction or featured listing on any auction or forum.
Unless we paid for some listing upgrade.

Yeah ...
Getting on auction is not a God given right.
But this is business, and people should do what they say or say nothing at all.

Value estimation?
They say domains are worth such and so, using non-transparent formula's and mixing op domain (address) elements with web content (account elements), and ignoring everything about the status of seller and buyer business and private status (while those are most relevant).

Maybe, we are all of us guilty.
Domain buyers are usually resellers that buy low to sell high(er).
Everybody likes to sell, but nobody likes to pay.

Give to Sedo what belongs to Sedo etc.
But don't give them everything ...

Watch out: IMHO there is a paradigm shift going on in domaining.
Trend setters are now cashing.
Trend watchers hop in.
Who comes last is a looser.

Why do those companies don't abide by their own rules?
-> Because they are in a position that they can?
-> Because they are in a position that they have no alternative?

No Panic Now!
Patience ...

Well Said. I Completely Agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom