Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Silicon Valley Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell Mike to do it right next time. He did the same thing to me last time.

Now you can go out and party - again....

LOL - I will definitely scold him and give him sh*t on Monday just for you! ;)

YOU go out and party - I'm taking it easy tonight! Tomorrow's a new day! :smilewinkgrin:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Say Bari, Do you have the authority to release owners from the sellers agreement?.... It would sure be nice if you could do that.

Like many others here, I want to list my domains in other auctions, and cant.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Say Bari, Do you have the authority to release owners from the sellers agreement?.... It would sure be nice if you could do that.

Hey Raider - I wish I did however I don't. You are under exclusivit with Moniker for 60 days!

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You CAN list your domains on OTHER auction platforms; In fact, you can sell them anywhere you want to.
Only, if you sell (in next 60 days), you'll still owe the 15% commission over to Moniker.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domain is sold during those 60 days, that 15% commission is from the price listed on Moniker or from the actual selling price?

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no, the 15% commission is taken off the ACTUAL selling price.
Ex. you list your domain: PlanetEarth.com over at Sedo's next GD Auction. It sell's for $12,500. You will have to fork over to Sedo their commission (10% $1,250) and Moniker's respective commission (15% = $1,875) IF the sale takes place within the 60 day agreement.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hey Raider - I wish I did however I don't. You are under exclusivit with Moniker for 60 days!

In all fairness to Moniker, you made the commitment to the 60 day exclusivity. You should live with it.
I also understand - "If you don't ask, you don't get".

Be thankful you only agreed to 60 days.
:)

As much as I have "barked" at Bari in the past, it is impressive she is responding in her off hours. I'm sure she has better things to do in Miami than hang around DNF on a Friday night and Saturday morning.

Maybe, she should get off of the computer go up to the Sunrise Flea Market - Fort Lauderdale.
http://www.floridaswapshop.com/

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, the 15% commission is taken off the ACTUAL selling price.
Ex. you list your domain: PlanetEarth.com over at Sedo's next GD Auction. It sell's for $12,500. You will have to fork over to Sedo their commission (10% $1,250) and Moniker's respective commission (15% = $1,875) IF the sale takes place within the 60 day agreement.
Thanks for the explanation.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In all fairness to Moniker, you made the commitment to the 60 day exclusivity. You should live with it.

As much as I have "barked" at Bari in the past, it is impressive she is responding in her off hours. I'm sure she has better things to do in Miami than hang around DNF on a Friday night and Saturday morning.

Maybe, she should get off of the computer go up to the Sunrise Flea Market - Fort Lauderdale.
http://www.floridaswapshop.com/

Thanks for the shout out Actnow! You're right, I do have other/better things to do however my clients are important to me and if they can find the time to post their concerns after hours or on a Friday night/Saturday morning - I can find the time to answer them. Even if/when I'm at the beach! :cool:

PS - I don't live in Miami...I live in Ft Lauderdale and I would NEVER go to the Sunrise Flea Market! YUK. LOL

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I know I am! :smilewinkgrin:

salman1485

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to domain selling/buying. I have few domains which I would like to sell away. What I wanted to know was IF I list my domains in such auctions then do I need to give away any fee to get listed? Or is it that after the sale ONLY the commission is their fee. What IF my domain isn't sold? They don't ask for any money when its time to take it back right?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to domain selling/buying. I have few domains which I would like to sell away. What I wanted to know was IF I list my domains in such auctions then do I need to give away any fee to get listed? Or is it that after the sale ONLY the commission is their fee. What IF my domain isn't sold? They don't ask for any money when its time to take it back right?

Hey Salman1485 - No, there is no cost to list your name with Moniker/SnapNames. We only make commission if/when you sell a name.

Let's talk (offline) on Monday when I'm back in the office.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Yes, we made the commitment, I don't know where you got the idea I was disputing that.... Considering that most of us went to the trouble of transferring our auction domains to Moniker and none of them sold, (less than 100 out of 4500) I thought perhaps they would be willing to make an exception and shorten the 60 day exclusivity for those who asked, but I see that's not the case.... I wont ask again.

I'm sure she has better things to do in Miami than hang around DNF on a Friday night and Saturday morning.

She could of responded on a business day during business hours, As much as I appreciate her prompt reply, I was in no hurry for it.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Considering that most of us went to the trouble of transferring our auction domains to Moniker and none of them sold, (less than 100 out of 4500) I thought perhaps they would be willing to make an exception and shorten the 60 day exclusivity for those who asked, but I see that's not the case

I wonder what would happen if you transferred the domain immediately into Moniker after the auction closed (assuming you sold a domain). It takes 5 days* for the transfer to go thru. (Icann wait period.)

Would you still be charged the $ 100. fee for not having the domain in Monker?

* The losing registrar has the right and obligation to wait the 5 days.
However, if you instruct your registrar to immediately release the domain, they can do it. It requires them to do it manually. Most won't do it.
Or, if you own your own private registrar you can do it yourself.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would you still be charged the $ 100. fee for not having the domain in Monker?

http://www.dnforum.com/f208/i-see-moniker-auctions-charge-100-sale-plus-thread-363397.html#post1696685

Just to clarify – The $100 fee is charged to you IF your domain is not at Moniker prior to the auction event. If your name(s) are selected for auction, having them at Moniker will only facilitate faster pay-outs to sellers, and provide buyers faster possession of the domain(s) they purchased. All of this can happen if/when the domain is here at Moniker. Names sold at auction (that aren’t at Moniker) will not be guaranteed delivery within 1-3 days vs. a name that is (already) registered here.

The only way Moniker can provide this type of quality service is to have access to the registrar. If your names are at Moniker or one of our “sister” registrars, we can control domain ownership, and provide you with a safe and reliable transition. Once payment clears, the domain(s) is transferred to the new owner and payment is made to the seller.

If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The one domain I sold at TRAFFIC had been registered at SnapNames. Since they & Moniker are now "sister" companies, and domains reg'd at SnapNames can be viewed in the Moniker portfolio interface, I emailed my rep (well before the auction) to ask whether I still needed to transfer the domain to Moniker. No reply.

Eventually, I gave up on him and PM'd Bari, and she confirmed that I needed to transfer it. So I did so. Due to the delay in hearing from them, the transfer was not complete before the auction started, but it was complete before the auction ended.

Imagine my surprise when I got charged the $100 fee (for not having the domain at Moniker in time)!

Bari, if you're listening, can you please fix this for me? (I emailed my rep last week, but no answer, as usual ....)

Thanks,
Dave

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The one domain I sold at TRAFFIC had been registered at SnapNames. Since they & Moniker are now "sister" companies, and domains reg'd at SnapNames can be viewed in the Moniker portfolio interface, I emailed my rep (well before the auction) to ask whether I still needed to transfer the domain to Moniker. No reply.

Eventually, I gave up on him and PM'd Bari, and she confirmed that I needed to transfer it. So I did so. Due to the delay in hearing from them, the transfer was not complete before the auction started, but it was complete before the auction ended.

Imagine my surprise when I got charged the $100 fee (for not having the domain at Moniker in time)!

Bari, if you're listening, can you please fix this for me? (I emailed my rep last week, but no answer, as usual ....)

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

Send me an email with the domain name and your Moniker account #. I'll have the account credited.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators