Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed this is a very UNFRIENDLY FORUM and last appraisal was VERY WRONG

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tripstar

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You all have very good points! And I can tell you all know what you're talking about! Thanks for all the advice!
This is a very good SIG (Special Interest Group) and a well designed site!

The Italy trip sounds great! Unfortunately I'll be in Australia. My bad luck!

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, tripster, i know a guy here who posted what he thouht were great names but got "99% Crap, 1% TM" instead. He took it the way it was meant to be taken - as honest advice not to register such names again. Now he is looking for better names and taking advice from this board. Yesterday he registered Comfortably.com and possibly paid for all his previous bad domans by doing that.

You got lucky on the offer for provocativepictures.com We all get lucky at some point. I guess one way of looking at it is the appraisals are meant to reflect the price other dealers will pay for the domain. End-users might look at it and say "wow, thats exactly what i need" but chances are slim. These appraisals show you your absolute bottom line. One way of looking at it is that there is no way to ge except up!

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fonzerelli_79,

appraising a domain someone doesnt own is a waste of time in my opinion

I am NOT saying to appraise names that are owed by somebody else, just names that are STILL FREE...

And what is wrong with a quick comment in a private message exchange that I suggest?

If the name is bad, then the guru just saved the newbie some money.

If the name is good then the newbie can register it right away and finally have a name that is worth something.

What's wrong with this idea?

What happens constantly to me at the moment is that I register a name ($5-$10 each) and then I ask for appraisals and learn that I shouldn't have regged the name in the first place. Wouldn't it be great if somebody told me before and therefore helped me save my money for domains that are really worth getting? Am I so wrong to think like that?

Thank you (and others) for your thoughts on this...
Reinhard

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if its a really good domain - someone browsing the forum will more than likely register it on the fly - this would have to be done via pm:)

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonzerelli_79
if its a really good domain - someone browsing the forum will more than likely register it on the fly - this would have to be done via pm:)

Right,
private message exchange ...
That's exactly what I suggested :)

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't sweat it my friend,
Theres more than one way to skin a cat.
If your going to spend time and money finding and buying domain names then you have got to spend time and money on finding buyers,and if your lucky hopeful your just spend time and not much money to find the buyer.You can have unlimited success in selling.You can have all the products in the world but if you don't know how to sell them, then what good are they,unless you have a product that sells itself,which is another topic and want go into.

For example,there was a boy that was on a local news station near my hometown,he lived about an hour from me,he was 13 years old and on his summer break from school he got a web design software and starting looking through the yellow pages at businesses that didn't have a .com in there ads and would call them up and ask them if they wanted him to build them a website for there business and made alot money building businesses websites ,he was making 25.00 an hour not bad for a 13 year old.

"Sometimes you have to walk through the sh!t to get to the cow.''

If i didn't think i could sell my names i wouldn't be buying them.But i also know that im going to have to work hard at selling my names.Instead of buying and hoping someone contacts me.

As for appraisals go,i don't buy names just to see what people on here think about them.I throw them on the board for my own personal entertainment.Maybe you should to

Remember its all about the selling,and the more people you know the better it makes it,and the more people you know with silly money really makes it better.

It's like that old saying
"I Can Sell IceWater To An Eskimo"

:D

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One Rule. Dont get upset over appraisals. Every name I have sold, and everone was over $100.00, was appraised at $0 buy somebody on this board. In fact, several. Even grandmasterG himself appraised hitpros.com @ $0. Good for me i sold it a couple weeks earlier for $500.00, and Im sure I could have got more from them but I initiated the price and had to accept it. Do not take appraisals seriously, and by all means, NEVER pay for an appraisal. Domains will always be lowballed here, because we all have our own. It would be funny to see everybody here appraise their own names and publish the list. Can you imagine how fast the prices would go up? It's the nature of the beast.

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One thing true about this board is that music/adult/niche names get lot more responses than regular business names.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tripstar
...And the rest of you! Damn, you guys were very wrong when appraising my names! 2 days ago I was offered $350 for "provocativedesign.com" by a New York photographer (appraised at $0 by EIGHT of you!)

Am not awaiting any responses. I don't think I will visit this forum again after the way I've been treated the last few days!...

I'm glad you reconsidered and will stay since posting that. You can't allow low appraisals upset you so much... those certanly won't be the last "$0" apprasials you get. Also, I'm glad you got that $350 email offer... IMHO a very good offer for that domain and a quick profit considering you only registered it 2 weeks ago. The offer also helps to prove your point that those appraisals were indeed low. It's fortunate how things worked out for you... the timing couldn't have been more perfect. :)

Instinkt

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've had a domain appraised here for about $5 or so but one person was willing to pay $250..They can't tell you how much someone would be willing to pay for it,but they can tell you it's rough market value.Also,they're appraising these names for FREE.

Mo Money

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your post about how this forum is really mean, and unhelpful is pathetic. Just because on person PMed you something that angered you means that everyone on the forum is mean and unhelpful??? I dont see the logic there. And your domain name provocativepictures.com really is worth nothing. The only reason it would be worth anything to anyone, is if they had a company called provocative pictures. Just because some idiot offered you 350 for it DOES NOT mean that it is worth 350. If you continue to be so immature and throw little tantrums over the most insignificant things, I hope you leave this forum. You mentioned you were a newb to the domain name biz, and you CLEARLY are. So next time, THINK before you post something so dumb, and please respect people that no so much more then you do about domains (and probably everything else).

:mad: :mad: :upset: :upset:

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think provocative pictures is a great name for a photographic studio and he may have got a bargain at $350. Site content selling is big business at the moment, and the name is important to pull webmasters.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
warm webmaster and domain dealer community can be found here: www.SiteTutor.net

First you use this forum to sell DNForum.net. Now you're using this site to promote your dn forum. What's next Wanda?

garyted51

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I get slammed all the time in here with $0 appraisals. So what! It's cyberspace we are in here, not life or death reality! Besides, I think this guy should take the $350 and run. It is a long ass name and who is going to type that in? Maybe I can sell 3Dlithography.com to a New York photographer. Hummmm????
Hey, TripStar! What's that guys phone number?

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

First you use this forum to sell DNForum.net. Now you're using this site to promote your dn forum. What's next Wanda?
Hi Greg.

The internet is huge.. much room for both of us.. would you agree?

I sold DNforum.net for
$35 (no big deal right) I offered it too you for free, but you had no interest.

My reply to this thread, is just and right.

Greg.. there is room for us both in cyber space.

I love this site, and I frequently visit and I only post info which is valid and worthy.

Many of my members are also members of DNforum.com

We would do well to exchange button traffic, which I have suggested in the past. Are you up to this?

Kind Regards
msMay

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators